Hey vSiders! Want to design and create your own clothing styles for vSide? Well, now you can. Just follow these simple steps:

1. Design Your Clothes as explained below

2. Enter your designs and info through this form (click this too!)

3. If your design gets selected for vSide, you GET PAID! (100 vBux per design)

Step 1: View the different clothing templates

1. Load vSide as usual.
2. Hit the F5 button to go to your wardrobe and then click the "My Design" tab.

You should see several different clothing items for both guys and girls. All of the items will be white or gray to make it easy for you to get started.

[IMG]https://i137.photobucke*****m/albums/q206/dopplespace/vhd-new-1.jpg[/IMG]
Screenshot 1: The "My Designs" Tab in the vSide Closet

Step 2: Start designing

1. Scroll through the list and click the template you want to use.
2. Click the "Start New" button once
3. You should see a window open in your file system with the texture you chose, along with a readme.txt file.
[IMG]https://i137.photobucke*****m/albums/q206/dopplespace/vhd-new-2.jpg[/IMG]
Screenshot 2: Clicking "Start New" brings up a file system window

4. Double click the readme.txt and read the instructions which will tell you how to design your texture by using graphics editor like Paint, Photoshop or GIMP.
[IMG]https://i137.photobucke*****m/albums/q206/dopplespace/vhd-new-3.jpg[/IMG]
Screenshot 3: Opening the user.m.torso.crtshirtbaggy.png file (the Baggy Tee Template) in GIMP.

5. The image you see is the Baggy Tee template unwrapped and ready for modification. The grey streaks in the image give you a sense as to where the clothing item's edges are, and they also provide cool shadow effects to make the clothing item better looking. So try to preserve the grey streaks (for example, if you are using Photoshop, use layers)
6. For some templates, it will be easy to tell where the front, back and sides of the clothing item are. For others, you may have to trial-and-error a bit. In this case, it appears that the front and back of the tee are left and right, as shown below (Screenshot 4 below):

[IMG]https://i137.photobucke*****m/albums/q206/dopplespace/vhd-new-4.jpg[/IMG]
Screenshot 4: Editing the Baggy Tee Template in GIMP.

7. Once you are satisfied with your changes, save the file AS THE EXACT FILENAME, IN THE EXACT SAME DIRECTORY.

Step 3: View your creation in vSide

1. Click "Reload Textures" in the closet
2. You can also click the small texture picture (labed "A" below) to see a large version of your texture

[IMG]https://i137.photobucke*****m/albums/q206/dopplespace/vhd-new-5.jpg[/IMG]
Screenshot 4: Seeing your reloaded texture.

3. To see your texture in-world, click "Done" to exit the closet.
4. If you are not satisfied with your creation, edit/save your design until you are!

Note: OTHER USERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR CREATION UNTIL YOU HAVE SUBMITTED IT TO vSide).

Tip: want to refresh your designs in the vSide world without entering and exit the closet each time? Just do this:

• Click Tools -> Settings on the button bar (F6)
  • On the "Visual" Tab, check the "show reload textures" box
  • Quit and relaunch vSide

Now you'll have a new choice in the "Me" menu called "Reload Textures." When you update a design, just exit the Closet, choose Me -> Reload Textures and you'll see the updated textures!

Tip: want to work on a different texture? Just do this:

• Drag and drop a texture from the file system onto the avatar as shown below
  • Since you can create many copies of each template (by repeatedly clicking "Start New"), this drag-and-drop-to-reload feature is very handy

[IMG]https://i137.photobucke*****m/albums/q206/dopplespace/vhd-new-6.jpg[/IMG]
Screenshot 6: Dragging and dropping textures.

Step 4: Submit your creation to vSide for consideration

Once you are satisfied with your design, submit it to vSide! We will review submissions and the best ones will be released in vSide periodically. If your design gets chosen, you get paid 100 vBux! Here's how you do it:

1. Prepare your .png file that you edited for submission
2. To help speed up the review process, attach a screenshot of your avatar wearing your design (you can do this by loading vSide, hitting Alt-PrtSc, pasting the saved screenshot image to Windows Paint and then saving the file).
3. Include the following details when submitting:
a. Your vSide username
b. A short description of your product (40 characters or less; eg. "Red Hot Baggy Tee")
c. Some additional "flavor text" for your item (120 characters or less; eg. "Graffiti Style Red Hot Baggy Tee designed exclusively for vSiders with swagga.")
5. Submit your designs and info through this form
6. That's it!

Note: For the next vHD release, there will a slightly different submission process. This will be available very soon as we start to accept new vHD submissions. Please keep an eye on this announcement or the vHD section to stay up to date.

Beta 10 and 11 Update

More than 200 virtual items were accepted into vSide in Beta 11d. Another 400+ are in Beta 11e. The designers who submitted these items got paid, yo!. Details are here.

Note for Vista Users

Vista Users may encounter a problem where you can't see the proper folder and/or texture changes aren't visible in the vSide client. If this happens to you, do the following:

• In Windows Explorer, navigate to the vSide folder
  • There should be a button in the Explorer window called "Compatibility Files".
  • Click it!
  • Now dig down into user/textures. Replace the textures there and restart the client as normal

For more details on this issue, see this pctipsbox tip.

Here's the obligatory legal language around submitting designs:

By submitting your design for consideration in the competition, you agree to all of the following conditions. Your participation in the competition will be subject to the vSide Terms of Use, which you can review at vSide : Help > TOU. If vSide chooses your design to develop into a virtual item in vSide, your design will permanently become the property of vSide. As owner, vSide will have the right to use your design and any related virtual item in whatever way it wants, for as long as it wants, and vSide also may permit others to do so. vSide has no obligation to use or adapt any design.