LightbulbHow to make and edit your private server [BASIC & NOOB FRIENDLY]

Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
How to make and edit your private server [BASIC & NOOB FRIENDLY]
What you will need:

  1. SharpDevelop 4.3
  2. Private Server Files
  3. A Computer
  4. A Brain
  5. Optional: Knowledge of C#



How make your private server:

Making a private server takes will and effort to learn. If you are not willing to learn, and put in the effort to make and run a successful private server you shouldn't be making one in the first place. Basically, you will need more then 10 minutes to make one.
There are many tutorials out on MPGH on how to make a private server, follow Owlupus's MMOEmpire Private Server Setup Tutorial


How to edit your private server:

Editing your private server can be frustrating and confusing. So I will teach you the basics of what to do to edit the most basic things.

First of all you will need to have downloaded private server files and SharpDevelop 4.3, then you want to open up SharpDevelop 4.3 and click File > Open> File...
Then go to your private server files and search for server.sln, once you have found the path copypaste it into the file select dialog on SharpDevelop 4.3 and then you have successfully setup SharpDevelop 4.3 with your private server.
Now editing your private server is only a few clicks away, but you may be asking how do I edit such and such? In SharpDevelop 4.3 on the left side there is a bar called Projects, open Solution server and you will see a bunch of different folders.
I will be explaining how to edit the DNS and realms of your private server in this tutorial, if you want to learn other things scroll down and I will have a list of tutorials.

Navigate to 'server > char > list.cs and double click it, then list.cs should appear. Scroll down in the file and you should find this:
Code:
Servers = new List<ServerItem>()
                    {
                        new ServerItem()
                        {
Below that will be your servers, delete all the rest except for the one at the top.
Your one server should look like this:
Code:
new ServerItem()
                        {
                            Name = "Example Name",
                            Lat = 22.28,
                            Long = 114.16,
                            DNS = "Example DNS",
                            Usage = 0.2,
                            AdminOnly = false
                        }
Now I will be explaining things very simply.
Name = "" is the name of the server e.g. USWest
Lat = and Long = are the latitude and longitude that the client will connect to if it is selecting Best Server, if you only have 1 server it wont matter and they will automatically connect to the one server you have.
DNS = "" is the DNS, here you will insert your Hamachi IPv4 address if you are using Hamachi, or your routers IP address if you port forwarded
Usage = should always be 0.2. If you set it to 1 the server will act as if it was full and you wont be able to connect.
AdminOnly = is self explanatory, make sure to have at LEAST one AdminOnly = false server for your players!


How to make yourself admin:

In order to do this you need heidiSQL
Open up heidiSQL and login to your MySQL.
Expand the rotmg folder and then double click accounts
Go on the Data tab
There you will see the Username, Password, Name of Character, and much other stuff.
Change admin to 1 on the accounts you want to have admin on!


Other Tutorials:




Credits:

@Alde. for always being unavailable when I needed help and replying 40 minutes later when I had already solved it
@Owlupus for the amazing MySQL tutorial
@Trapped for all his work on private servers
@Drowlys for his MMOEmpire Private Server v2 Files
@Botmaker for all his work on private servers
@Hux for staying with us when our beloved Realm of the Mad God section needed approvals

@Hux if this is in the wrong section I am sorry I thought it would get out to more noobs in this one and a sticky would also be appreciated
Okay, I got a question, everything is working fine, but I don't have admin rights, I can't spawn/give things, any small tutorial to Add admins?
Quote Originally Posted by ccadunha View Post
Okay, I got a question, everything is working fine, but I don't have admin rights, I can't spawn/give things, any small tutorial to Add admins?
Added a tutorial on how to do that!
Wrong section.
This goes in Tutorials & Source Code. @Hux
Quote Originally Posted by Trollaux View Post
replying 40 minutes later when I had already solved it


ahahahh... :/ Sorry
Not sure if this is still active, but I'm getting an error when I try to start "server.exe"

Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.Net.HttpListenerException: The process cannot access 
the file because it is being used by another process
	at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
	at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
	at server.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\rotmg\svr-master\server\Program.cs:line 26
I see that it says it's already in use... but I don't know by what...
Any suggestions? Or is there something else causing it?

Thank you, ~Aixprod
Quote Originally Posted by aixprod View Post
Not sure if this is still active, but I'm getting an error when I try to start "server.exe"

Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.Net.HttpListenerException: The process cannot access 
the file because it is being used by another process
	at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
	at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
	at server.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\rotmg\svr-master\server\Program.cs:line 26
I see that it says it's already in use... but I don't know by what...
Any suggestions? Or is there something else causing it?

Thank you, ~Aixprod
Close skype and run as a admin, I had this problem forever and couldn't fix it too!
Oh, Thanks man!

But anyone knows why it freezes when i tried to change my name?
Also freezes when I try to go to my vault.

~Aixprod

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aixprod View Post
Oh, Thanks man!

But anyone knows why it freezes when i tried to change my name?
Also freezes when I try to go to my vault.

~Aixprod
Just to be more clear... I'm getting this error in my console:
Code:
System.NullRefrenceException: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.
at server.account.purchaseCHarSlot.HandleRequest(HttpListenerContext context)
in C:\rotmg_svr-master\server\account\purchaseCharSlot.cs:line 37
at server.Program.ProcessRequest(HttpListenerContext context) 
in C:\rotmg_svr-master\server\Program.cs:line 103
Since this was made i might as well say, When i swap the names of the servers/delete some they aren't the same as the client. I know most might have gotten this but i am just an idiot if its simple fix :P Help.
Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Nub View Post
Since this was made i might as well say, When i swap the names of the servers/delete some they aren't the same as the client. I know most might have gotten this but i am just an idiot if its simple fix :P Help.
Yeah, I had the same problem... But I just clicked compile (The green arrow button) in SharpDevelop...
Not sure if the server has to be closed (mine was during that)
Quote Originally Posted by Trollaux View Post
Credits:

@Alde. for always being unavailable when I needed help and replying 40 minutes later when I had already solved it
@Owlupus for the amazing MySQL tutorial
@Trapped for all his work on private servers
@Drowlys for his MMOEmpire Private Server v2 Files
@Botmaker for all his work on private servers
@Hux for staying with us when our beloved Realm of the Mad God section needed approvals

@Hux if this is in the wrong section I am sorry I thought it would get out to more noobs in this one and a sticky would also be appreciated
This is totally wrong because all rights of the server goes to Nano.
Quote Originally Posted by marleen01 View Post
This is totally wrong because all rights of the server goes to Nano.
Nano stopped working on that 2 months ago. @Botmaker published the files. @Drowlys published his own release, @Owlupus does tutorials, @Alde. is sexy and I am the actual main developer for the open source server code. Also there isn't any reference to Nano in the original files that were leaked, just to a guy called "K". We are assuming Nano did that as the files were leaked from MMOE and he was working on a pserver for MMOE.
Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
Nano stopped working on that 2 months ago. @Botmaker published the files. @Drowlys published his own release, @Owlupus does tutorials, @Alde. is sexy and I am the actual main developer for the open source server code. Also there isn't any reference to Nano in the original files that were leaked, just to a guy called "K". We are assuming Nano did that as the files were leaked from MMOE and he was working on a pserver for MMOE.
Then all credits goes to Kabam.But developer of this game is Wildshadow Studios.Then thanks for internet to giving us so much fun.More credits?
Stop joke but thanks for working on all things Trapped.
Quote Originally Posted by marleen01 View Post
Then all credits goes to Kabam.But developer of this game is Wildshadow Studios.Then thanks for internet to giving us so much fun.More credits?
Stop joke but thanks for working on all things Trapped.
Anyways this server and such code is pre-Kabèm.
I've changed the client IP to my hamachi IP and I have my server up and running... but still my friend couldn't connect...

Is there any other place where the IP has to be changed.
Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?