Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Lost series: Tenjo Tenge!

Tenjo Tenge is probably one of the most high quality fighting manga out there that not too many people have read.

Art: Now most of you know or have read Air Gear, so it won't come as a surprise when I describe Tenjo Tenge as "fucking amazing" on the art scale as it is made by the same author. It's got some dedicated scanlators, but if you can read it in paper, the art deserves that.Its not only just that, the art gets better by the volume, to the point where not many people have gone that far in detail in the final volumes.

Anime: Why skip? Well partly because the anime adaptation was so mediocre of what the series is. It dons the "like-berserk" title, only going into the rather uneventful high-school arc(which is pretty short in the manga), and what really made the series never getting animated. It falls prey to the same thing Air Gear did, mediocre/boring anime and an ending that was pretty much all filler.

Summary: TT starts out as a kind of highschool brawler, not unlike all the ones you've seen before. The manga(just like Air Gear) has fanservice and a pretty good amount of it too upfront. Then after a few flashbacks to explain the story of the group and their (pretty deep) past, we get to the real stuff. It goes from weapons, to robots, to gods. All with this really cool fighting style and in a very high amount of detail. There isn't a lot of "techniques" either, it's all just over-the-top attacks one after another.

Anyway, it's pretty fucking great and I don't know that many people who've read it. You should check it out!

Thanks
    I haven't even heard of it, I watched Air Gear however. I'll start reading it sometime tomorrow.

Thanks
    this is nice i have heard about it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Will give it a shot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    I haven't even heard of it, I watched Air Gear however. I'll start reading it sometime tomorrow.
    Yeah you'll start to realize the "overstylized" atmosphere of it later in. Especially when the weapons come out.