Hacking this game

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
Hacking this game
It's been my longest goal to make a bot for this PokeMMo game... Started learning C++ to do it but I still can't do it lol. It's an emulated game, coded in java. Ollydbg doesn't work on it, cheat engine won't give me any static pointers, without either of these I don't even know where to go.... I've been told to look do codecaving but I can't do that if I can't read the function.

I want to be able read (not modify):
Code:
Names
HP
Exp
Location (Town name/route)
X/Y pos
It seems like such a hard game to do but it doesn't have any anti-cheat system (other than mods sending image verification captions for you to solve).

Who would be willing to give me tuts on how to do this/help me do this?
When it comes to Java games, you're better off doing things at a Java level rather than trying to do your usual memory scanning/directly shoving bytes into memory. Not that you can't do things that way, but you'll want a stack of painkillers on hand if you do.

I would either patch the classes directly (on disk if you like, or in memory using a custom classloader or similar) or use one of Java's debug interfaces to do your reading/writing/whatnot. I've used both methods with success on Java games - start by decompiling the game and working out exactly what it is you want to get at, then go from there.
Well I'm decompiling it now...

F*ck this game so hard... I don't wanna learn java just to read 5 values from a game >.>
But it does help quite a bit to learn a new language. As for Java itself, it is used in quite a few games, and it is rather easy to learn. Given that you're just READING a value, it makes things even easier for you.
Quote Originally Posted by lukiuz View Post
But it does help quite a bit to learn a new language. As for Java itself, it is used in quite a few games, and it is rather easy to learn. Given that you're just READING a value, it makes things even easier for you.
I barely know C++... I gave up on hacking this though, the thread can be closed. Gonna look more into making some beginner stuff on easy games and move up from there.
I have been trying to do the same thing like you for 2 years, but without any reasonable results. I remember sometime in 2013 where I did some pointer scans through cheat engine to see if the player was biking/surfing/walking/running, then I made an application in C# which were able to read those addresses from an existing library. After some months the addresses didn't work anymore and I gave up for a time. Now I am back interested learning more stuff about the game, since a new update is about to be released in a few days.
In the end all games boil down to pure ASM and I'm wondering why memory scanners shouldn't work. Ultimately C/C++ and Java accomplish the same task of brining lower level languages to a level that is easier for everyone and so an integer in C/C++ is the same as an integer in Java and such. I wouldn't expect things like detours and stuff to work but basic stuff should work

Edit : Just found an Assembly framework that allows you to add inline ASM to Java, and using that you can create your own framework for hooks and stuff (it involves writing simple bytecodes), so with this you can do your haxing
Quote Originally Posted by Knochove View Post
In the end all games boil down to pure ASM and I'm wondering why memory scanners shouldn't work. Ultimately C/C++ and Java accomplish the same task of brining lower level languages to a level that is easier for everyone and so an integer in C/C++ is the same as an integer in Java and such. I wouldn't expect things like detours and stuff to work but basic stuff should work

Edit : Just found an Assembly framework that allows you to add inline ASM to Java, and using that you can create your own framework for hooks and stuff (it involves writing simple bytecodes), so with this you can do your haxing
Thanks for the information. I'll try to mess around with Cheat Engine again sometime
Quote Originally Posted by Knochove View Post
Edit : Just found an Assembly framework that allows you to add inline ASM to Java, and using that you can create your own framework for hooks and stuff (it involves writing simple bytecodes), so with this you can do your haxing
You're probably referring to objectweb's ASM library, which is used for Java byte code transformation (i.e. manipulating class files). You can not, and never will be able to use inline assembly within a Java application.
I was referring to "The ASM Framework", which apparently supports assembly within Java but I'm not sure since I don't code in Java.

Quote Originally Posted by demmonic View Post
never will be able to use inline assembly within a Java application.
I disagree immensely with how you said that we will "never" be able to use inline ASM. Java is from C. C supports inline ASM. I see a road ahead.
Quote Originally Posted by Knochove View Post
I was referring to "The ASM Framework", which apparently supports assembly within Java but I'm not sure since I don't code in Java.



I disagree immensely with how you said that we will "never" be able to use inline ASM. Java is from C. C supports inline ASM. I see a road ahead.
That would defeat the whole purpose of the JVM; execution within a safe environment.

And no, you're wrong. It doesn't support "assembly within Java", it's a library for manipulating class files (http://asm.ow2.org/). I've been using it for years.

It's fine though, keep arguing about stuff you know nothing about.
Quote Originally Posted by demmonic View Post
That would defeat the whole purpose of the JVM; execution within a safe environment.

And no, you're wrong. It doesn't support "assembly within Java", it's a library for manipulating class files (http://asm.ow2.org/). I've been using it for years.

It's fine though, keep arguing about stuff you know nothing about.
wan't arguing. i was trying to get somewhere for OP, but seem to be an ass about it so no more derailing from me thanks for the info
Quote Originally Posted by demmonic View Post
You can not, and never will be able to use inline assembly within a Java application.
And this is why I will never use Java. Fuck safe execution, if I need a VM I'll make it myself.
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us