Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Oh hey, masochism and white guilt.
    I'm sorry, where did I even insinuate I derived pleasure from suffering or pain? I never said I support anything or visa versa about how most Afghanistan or Muslim people as-well as the Taliban have been treated? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at by saying I am a masochist?

I never even said I feel guilt about what has happened. I said I feel it is wrong. I'm not even white, so nice assumption there.

I do not support what has been done to the group being discussed in OP, however I feel nothing could justify what they have done in return. I feel both sides are to blame, even though group discussed in OP did not start.
    Last edited by yung trap lord; 01-26-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abuna View Post
    account sold, I went first! All went smooth, would love to trade with Hezz again as he is very nice and patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by skydiini View Post
    just sold my rotmg account for 20$ i went first Smooth trade
    Quote Originally Posted by AresVI View Post
    Extra Note: A+++ Buyer. Would reccomend this guy to anyone. smooth as a baby's bottom.
    Ignorance is bliss, until it causes an event that creates a lot of self-harm and you're blaming it on your ignorance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by hezz View Post
    I'm sorry, where did I even insinuate I derived pleasure from suffering or pain? I never said I support anything or visa versa about how most Afghanistan or Muslim people as-well as the Taliban have been treated? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at by saying I am a masochist?

I never even said I feel guilt about what has happened. I said I feel it is wrong. I'm not even white, so nice assumption there.

I do not support what has been done to the group being discussed in OP, however I feel nothing could justify what they have done in return. I feel both sides are to blame, even though group discussed in OP did not start.
    Uh......your whole post was blaming britain, aka "yourself". (Did you just look up masochism? Heh)

"White guilt" is a generic term, but yeah, it's basically "we aren't as fucked as them, so lets be masochistic and blame ourselves for their problems".

Basically you'll end up blaiming britain, then saying "we should help them because it's our responsibility" and etc. It's fucking retarded tbh.
    Pretty sure because we (Britain) funded the taliban to control Afghanistan for us, then invaded Afghanistan, because they had so much oil, and bought it dirt cheap. They then realised they should be getting way more, when they confronted us we declined to pay them a fair price, and so using the funding we gave them (For letting us have fuel and controlling Afghanistan) they organised 9/11.

Edit: Sometimes we like to believe we're the good guys, the Taliban organised a terror strike out of nowhere, but that's not the truth. They Afghanistan people/muslims believe we're the bad guys, and they're probably correct.
    Masochistic as fuck.
    Last edited by Empire; 01-27-2015 at 12:41 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Uh......your whole post was blaming britain, aka "yourself". (Did you just look up masochism? Heh)

"White guilt" is a generic term, but yeah, it's basically "we aren't as fucked as them, so lets be masochistic and blame ourselves for their problems".

Basically you'll end up blaiming britain, then saying "we should help them because it's our responsibility" and etc. It's fucking retarded tbh.

Masochistic as fuck.

I believe myself to be rather well educated, and have a good understanding of what masochism is. I have never heard of or pondered any definition that could relate to what I stated. I never said we should help them because we were previously unfair etc towards them.

Please don't try to read messages that aren't there.
    Last edited by yung trap lord; 01-27-2015 at 10:17 AM.

account sold, I went first! All went smooth, would love to trade with Hezz again as he is very nice and patient.
    Extra Note: A+++ Buyer. Would reccomend this guy to anyone. smooth as a baby's bottom.
    Ignorance is bliss, until it causes an event that creates a lot of self-harm and you're blaming it on your ignorance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I believe myself to be rather well educated, and have a good understanding of what masochism is. I have never heard of or pondered any definition that could relate to what I stated. I never said we should help them because we were previously unfair etc towards them.

Please don't try to read messages that aren't there.
    Forget it, too hard of a concept I guess.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Forget it, too hard of a concept I guess.
    Would seem so as you cannot grasp the meaning of masochism.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Would seem so as you cannot grasp the meaning of masochism.
    I can. You are setting yourself up to be blamed, in fact just blaming yourself outright. As if you want some sort of punishment.

:/ I kinda already figured you were looking up masochism in the dictionary and didn't understand the definition, so just forget it, it went above your head and it's over.

Thanks
    I think there is a lot of Misconception towards the muslim population. don't think Islam teaches killing of people and the cruelty acts that we heard of .Most of the misconception stems from the Terrorist USING Islam and taking out the context of the koran to justify their means.
    As I have stated earlier - would like to see more Muslim countries that are NOT involve in Islam extremist to Stand up and UNITE to DENOUNCE these Extremist to restore back the good name of Islam. Sadly, most of them have been SILENT !!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    I think there is a lot of Misconception towards the muslim population. don't think Islam teaches killing of people and the cruelty acts that we heard of .Most of the misconception stems from the Terrorist USING Islam and taking out the context of the koran to justify their means. [/b]
    Boy do I wish that was true. But it's not. The terrorist aren't a new concept for the Muslim world. People have been using the Quran and even "Allah" himself to justify war, civil rights violants, and violence for over a thousand years in the Muslim world.

As I have stated earlier - would like to see more Muslim countries that are NOT involve in Islam extremist to Stand up and UNITE to DENOUNCE these Extremist to restore back the good name of Islam. Sadly, most of them have been SILENT !!
    Most of them have been "silent" because in a lot of cases the people will support the terrorist.

Trust me, no terrorist organization that big is possible without local support.

Thanks
    I think there is a lot of Misconception towards the muslim population. don't think Islam teaches killing of people and the cruelty acts that we heard of .Most of the misconception stems from the Terrorist USING Islam and taking out the context of the koran to justify their means.
    You are an intelligent person. A lot of Muslims have stood up against it but it isn't in the main headlines in the media. The reason is because stories about Muslims standing up to extremists doesn't sell because no one wants to hear that. What everyone wants to hear is that Islam wants to take over the world so they have something to blame. Similar story to the Jews in Germany after WW1.
    Science is learning about the creation, Islam is learning about the creator.

Alif, Lam, Meem. - 2:1 Quran
    This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    You are an intelligent person. A lot of Muslims have stood up against it but it isn't in the main headlines in the media. The reason is because stories about Muslims standing up to extremists doesn't sell because no one wants to hear that. What everyone wants to hear is that Islam wants to take over the world so they have something to blame. Similar story to the Jews in Germany after WW1.
    Obviously not the vast majority of muslims though.

And please, elaborate how the Muslism are similar to the jews after WWI, because last time I checked the middle east pretty much said "fuck the jews" when hitler rose to power.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    The problem with thinking like that is that in reality they aren't necessarily wrong in using the Quran to sanction their actions because it contains stories in which Muslims are allowed to strike back against those deemed as threats. Though some Muslims might simply play this off as a metaphor, the "extremists" can just as easily declare them as religious statutes.[/B]
    "A Man Who Is Too Afraid To Admit His Fears Is A Man Who Won't Overcome Them.
    There Is Liberty In Confession And Freedom In Acknowledgment."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post

The problem with thinking like that is that in reality they aren't necessarily wrong in using the Quran to sanction their actions because it contains stories in which Muslims are allowed to strike back against those deemed as threats. Though some Muslims might simply play this off as a metaphor, the "extremists" can just as easily declare them as religious statutes.
    Yes they are wrong. Why are you talking about Islam when you know very little? When fighting is permitted in Islam: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=841011

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Yes they are wrong. Why are you talking about Islam when you know very little? When fighting is permitted in Islam: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=841011
    Uh.....I wouldn't post that if I were you.....

The first page alone shows how bad that argument is.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    When fighting is permitted in Islam:
    [2:190] You may fight in the cause of GOD against those who attack you, but do not aggress. GOD does not love the aggressors.
    [2:191] You may kill those who wage war against you, and you may evict them whence they evicted you. Oppression is worse than murder. Do not fight them at the Sacred Masjid, unless they attack you therein. If they attack you, you may kill them. This is the just retribution for those disbelievers.

If "Allah" allows you to fight against the aggressor until the aggression ends, who determines what level of retribution the aggressors must go through and if the "aggressions" never end are you allowed to wipe out an entire people? The term "self-defense" is too broad to simply throw out when it is the extremists and those who read the Quran who supervise how far "self-defense" goes.

Edit: It's subjective.
    "A Man Who Is Too Afraid To Admit His Fears Is A Man Who Won't Overcome Them.
    There Is Liberty In Confession And Freedom In Acknowledgment."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post

[2:190] You may fight in the cause of GOD against those who attack you, but do not aggress. GOD does not love the aggressors.
    [2:191] You may kill those who wage war against you, and you may evict them whence they evicted you. Oppression is worse than murder. Do not fight them at the Sacred Masjid, unless they attack you therein. If they attack you, you may kill them. This is the just retribution for those disbelievers.

If "Allah" allows you to fight against the aggressor until the aggression ends, who determines what level of retribution the aggressors must go through and if the "aggressions" never end are you allowed to wipe out an entire people? The term "self-defense" is too broad to simply throw out when it is the extremists and those who read the Quran who supervise how far "self-defense" goes.

Edit: It's subjective.
    But it isn't and it is crystal clear and very simple. I am not sure if you read the other verses in the thread:

[8:61] If they resort to peace, so shall you, and put your trust in GOD. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

[4:90] ... if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then GOD gives you no excuse to fight them.
    As soon as they stop fighting so should you. If they continue to fight and you manage to restrain them so that they cannot fight then going further is clearly aggressing. Every Muslim educated on Islam know that groups like ISIS are not following Islam, they are not even wrongly interpreting it just not following it. You cannot wrongly interpret these verses in the Quran: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=841011

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast