Moving Files in VB

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
A Better File Mover
Heres a better File Mover in VB
*Note*
The program will crash if
-you move the file to the SAME place as it was before
-File is not found
-Some other things to do with invaild destinations
File Mover.rarattachment deleted · 7 downloads before removal
I made a tut on this, and it doesn't crash when you use my code...
Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
I made a tut on this, and it doesn't crash when you use my code...
Mine can select the file that wants to be moved, and select the new destination. For your tut, you have to put the 1st and 2nd destination in the source code.

Edit:
It wont crash as long as you accually move the file. It WILL crash is you move it to the same location where it already was.
For example
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Blank.txt to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\New Folder\Blank.txt
WILL NOT CRASH
BUT
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Blank.txt to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Blank.txt
Will crash

Also, next time download the thing before before you say anything
Quote Originally Posted by Iamazn View Post
Mine can select the file that wants to be moved, and select the new destination. For your tut, you have to put the 1st and 2nd destination in the source code.

Edit:
It wont crash as long as you accually move the file. It WILL crash is you move it to the same location where it already was.
For example
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Blank.txt to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\New Folder\Blank.txt
WILL NOT CRASH
BUT
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Blank.txt to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Blank.txt
Will crash

Also, next time download the thing before before you say anything
The one I have wont crash (I don't think) and it has a select thing using buttons, so it wont get confusing...

I actually gave a tutorial on this, so people don't have to download and worry about a virus.

And I don't care about your program, so I'm not going to download it...
and I've been with Visual Basics 2008 for a long time, longer than you, I know my codes...
Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
The one I have wont crash (I don't think) and it has a select thing using buttons, so it wont get confusing...

I actually gave a tutorial on this, so people don't have to download and worry about a virus.

And I don't care about your program, so I'm not going to download it...
and I've been with Visual Basics 2008 for a long time, longer than you, I know my codes...
and I've been with Visual Basics 2008 for a long time, longer than you, I know my codes...
No offence, but your not that good with VB.
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us