Skype

Posts 1–15 of 27 · Page 1 of 2
Skype
Here's a challenge for you guys.

How do you get skype on a computer that has no admin rights and can't open .exe files.

No, portable installation does not work.

Chrome App Launcher does work.
ask ur mum
Quote Originally Posted by Hachikuji View Post
ask ur mum
faka u 2 .
Explain a bit more .
Quote Originally Posted by Ticherhaz View Post
Explain a bit more .
So basically its a school computer that wont let you run any type of .exe files. Therefore portable installation doesnt work.
I've found that you can run software off of chrome app launcher but the thing is... there's no skype app on the chrome launcher unless someone could upload it and let me download it?
I remember it could open .bat files or somethign similar to that.
Quote Originally Posted by Slump God View Post

at files or somethign similar to that.

Make a wabbit > Run that shit > Instant Skype.

#winwin
Quote Originally Posted by user3060419 View Post
Make a wabbit > Run that shit > Instant Skype.

#winwin
explain more?
Quote Originally Posted by Slump God View Post


So basically its a school computer that wont let you run any type of .exe files. Therefore portable installation doesnt work.
I've found that you can run software off of chrome app launcher but the thing is... there's no skype app on the chrome launcher unless someone could upload it and let me download it?
I remember it could open .bat files or somethign similar to that.
I can't help you. basically we went to school to learn right ?
Quote Originally Posted by Ticherhaz View Post

I can't help you. basically we went to school to learn right ?
It's a school computer that you can take home
/shrug
I want skype so I can communicate with other people.
Quote Originally Posted by Slump God View Post


So basically its a school computer that wont let you run any type of .exe files. Therefore portable installation doesnt work.
I've found that you can run software off of chrome app launcher but the thing is... there's no skype app on the chrome launcher unless someone could upload it and let me download it?
I remember it could open .bat files or somethign similar to that.
Not true, Microsoft annouced a few months ago that they were making skype available in the webrowser.
Quote Originally Posted by cgallagher21 View Post


Not true, Microsoft annouced a few months ago that they were making skype available in the webrowser.
Yeah, but you had to open a .msi folder to install the plugin.. and apparently that's blocked also.
Well install on your personal computer......
web.skype.com

you said you tried this ?
Quote Originally Posted by David. View Post
web.skype.com

you said you tried this ?
Sorry, Skype for Web (Beta) is invitation only at this time.

Yeah doesn't work for me (
Posts 1–15 of 27 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us