Something fun to do around here

Posts 1–15 of 21 · Page 1 of 2
Something fun to do around here
I'm thinking of making a contest to have fun and to test avid new users in the community. A behavior contest, specifically. There will be a specialized source distributed for the contest. It will have (hopefully not too many) rules and regulations, and the entries will be judged by me. Entries would be a boss battle complete with sprites, full XML data, behavior scripts, and any other elements. Entries would be judged on creativity, theme, complexity, and playability.

I'm also thinking of prizes for the winners of the contest. I could do (kinda crappy) GFX siggies congratulating winners on their success, alongside bragging rights and a possibility of your battle being developed into a full-out dungeon of very high quality (with help).

Anyways, this thing isn't possible without competitors, so I'm asking if these peeps would enjoy and partake in this contest. What do you think?
Good luck i guess
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post
I'm thinking of making a contest to have fun and to test avid new users in the community. A behavior contest, specifically. There will be a specialized source distributed for the contest. It will have (hopefully not too many) rules and regulations, and the entries will be judged by me. Entries would be a boss battle complete with sprites, full XML data, behavior scripts, and any other elements. Entries would be judged on creativity, theme, complexity, and playability.

I'm also thinking of prizes for the winners of the contest. I could do (kinda crappy) GFX siggies congratulating winners on their success, alongside bragging rights and a possibility of your battle being developed into a full-out dungeon of very high quality (with help).

Anyways, this thing isn't possible without competitors, so I'm asking if these peeps would enjoy and partake in this contest. What do you think?
I assume the entries this "contest" will be used for your own server/ a server you plan to make in the near future?
Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
I assume the entries this "contest" will be used for your own server/ a server you plan to make in the near future?
After the contest, I will release the behaviors depending on what the submitters want. If they don't want it to be public release, it will not be public release and will be respected as such. However, 1st place would be released publicly regardless in its entry form. I will NOT consider any of the behaviors for use with my own server except for the 1st place, in which I will be talking with the winner about that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahl View Post
This would be fun but it also depends what format. Like some are now use to the "new State(" format
Quote Originally Posted by Transferred View Post
does the source/behavior system have to be specific
There will be a specialized source distributed specifically for this. However, I do not plan to create the source with the intention of double compatibility. If a user is truly "good" at behaviors, they shouldn't have much of a problem making a behavior in a format that they're not as familiar with.
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post


After the contest, I will release the behaviors depending on what the submitters want. If they don't want it to be public release, it will not be public release and will be respected as such. However, 1st place would be released publicly regardless in its entry form. I will NOT consider any of the behaviors for use with my own server except for the 1st place, in which I will be talking with the winner about that opportunity.





There will be a specialized source distributed specifically for this. However, I do not plan to create the source with the intention of double compatibility. If a user is truly "good" at behaviors, they shouldn't have much of a problem making a behavior in a format that they're not as familiar with.
release then please can't wait... What is the reward
Quote Originally Posted by Transferred View Post
release then please can't wait... What is the reward
Quote Originally Posted by ProHackBot999
I'm also thinking of prizes for the winners of the contest. I could do (kinda crappy) GFX siggies congratulating winners on their success, alongside bragging rights and a possibility of your battle being developed into a full-out dungeon of very high quality (with help).
/10charsnigga
Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
/10charsnigga
ah //10 chars
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post

There will be a specialized source distributed specifically for this. However, I do not plan to create the source with the intention of double compatibility. If a user is truly "good" at behaviors, they shouldn't have much of a problem making a behavior in a format that they're not as familiar with.
I guess that would help explain things. However, to truly test someones behavior making skills, I would recommend having them make it in both formats because like you said,
if a user is truly "good" at behaviors, they shouldn't have much of a problem making a behavior in a format that they're not as familiar with
This would be fun but it also depends what format. Like some are now use to the "new State(" format
do they have to be a bit difficult, serious, good enough for a legit dungeon, or can they be wack af, and funny cuz i got ideas xD
Quote Originally Posted by Riigged View Post
do they have to be a bit difficult, serious, good enough for a legit dungeon, or can they be wack af, and funny cuz i got ideas xD
You may make them any level of difficulty you wish. If I can't beat it (and trust me, I'm not a n00b at dodging), points will be deducted for possibly unplayability. If, however you want to make them early-game, then let me know so I can judge it accordingly.
Quote Originally Posted by Stellar Spark View Post


You may make them any level of difficulty you wish. If I can't beat it (and trust me, I'm not a n00b at dodging), points will be deducted for possibly unplayability. If, however you want to make them early-game, then let me know so I can judge it accordingly.
... you really need more than 1 judge then...

If you're a noob at dodging, perhaps you'd need to get some more players such as GP (assuming he doesn't make a behavior himself)
Quote Originally Posted by Ahl View Post
... you really need more than 1 judge then...

If you're a noob at dodging, perhaps you'd need to get some more players such as GP (assuming he doesn't make a behavior himself)
I think I won't need more than 1 judge, thank you very much. Any more questions?
Posts 1–15 of 21 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?