Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Exclamation MPGH CS:GO Tournament: Follow Up & New Event Details

This is a personal statement from myself. This last weekend on Sunday, the CS:GO tournament was expected to happen. I had everything perfectly set up and the event ready to go but there was one thing missing. The people. When I started this event and when I joined the Publicist Team, I wanted to bring an event to MPGH where the users can have fun and compete for cool prizes. I never wanted to make this feel like a job because I had a lot of fun doing it. However, despite all of the hard work I put in and the team put in we still couldn't get a working tournament. With that in mind, I was very upset. Upset enough to the point where I was considering punishing the people who bailed out but then I thought to myself, these people weren't made to go. It was an optional event. I know all of that and I was very lenient on members who had to bail out last minute. I extended the deadlines and pushed back the event on multiple occasions to accommodate the people who said they "could make it". It wasn't fair to those people who put their time aside to join the tournament and it wasn't fair to me who had to spend hours setting it all up. I could list the names for the people who didn't show up but then the list would be to long and I'm not the type of person to call people out. Nevertheless, I learned from this and I'm making sure that this doesn't happen again. This is why I am going to change a lot of things about the tournament.

The tournament will be exclusive to people who live in North America only. This is because of one of the things I recognized over the past weekend. The multiple timezone WILL NOT work. This is why events in the past have failed. The timezone is so diverse here its hard to count on people to show up. Having this event being exclusive in one region will solve that problem. The timezones will be at most a few hours apart and therefore people will be on the same page. The second thing about this the issue on the ping. To be honest, its almost impossible to play CS if you have a ping over 150. Players who do end up showing up will be at a disadvantage from the get go because of their ping. This is why having a region exclusive timezone will solve the issue on ping.

The next change will be the requirements to join. In the last sign up I didn't specify any requirements. I allowed everyone to join. There were over 30+ people who were willing to play, which was great but on the actual event day there were barely 10 people. I need players who are committed and are active. Not people who just show up once in a while. This is why I am putting in place a post count requirement to join. With a higher post count at least I know that the person has a history of being active on MPGH. That's one less thing I have to worry about.

The final change will be the sign up process itself. Even with all the precautions put into place I know for a fact that people will still not show up. This is why I am doing sign ups differently. The official sign ups will be on the day of the tournament. Fortunately for me a site called Challonge offers player check in the day of the tournament. This way whoever shows up, gets to play. This eliminates the need to wait for members and their teammates. The people who show up on the day of the tournament will be placed into teams right then and there and be put into play immediately. This time there will be no hassles, no waiting, and no bullshit.

The tournament will still be a 3v3 single elimination tournament. The team that reaches the finals will win the grand prize.

The Tournament Will Be A 3 Vs. 3 Knockout Tournament. The Remaining Four Teams Will Battle It Out And The Remaining Top Two Will Compete For The Grand Prize. The Other Two Teams Will Compete For Third And Fourth Place. Prizes Will Be Awarded For The First, Second, And Third Place Team.
    Team Selection Process

As I said above, whoever shows up the day of the tournament will be put into teams by myself. Players will have the option to join up with other people if they wish to on the day of the tournament. Teams will be based on ranks. Each team will have a high ranked player, a unranked player, and a mid ranked player. Captains will be assigned to those who are deemed worthy by me. Basically if your trustworthy you're a captain.

Prizes

Prizes Will Be Awarded To The 1st, 2nd, And 3rd Place Teams.

The Prizes Are Subject To Change.

1st Place: Humble Bundles For Each Player & Subscription To Cracked Accounts- Humble Bundle Will Be The Borderlands Humble Bundle

2nd Place: Profile Edit Coupon For Each Player & CSGO Skins* - Coupon Is Good For A One Time Name Change, Text Tile Change, Or Image Title Change

3rd Place: Profile Edit Coupon For Each Player - Coupon Is Good For A One Time Name Change, Text Tile Change, Or Image Title Change

Winners May Opt Out Of Their Prizes For Any Prizes That Are Below Their Placing.

For Example, The 1st Place Team Will Have An Option To Opt Out Of Their Prize And Select The 2nd Or 3rd Place Prize

The 2nd Place Place Team Will Have The Option To Opt Out Of Their Prize And Select The 3rd Place Prize

The 3rd Place Team Will Have The Option To Opt Of Their Prize And Receive Nothing!

*Skins Will Be 50 Cent Skins. Players Will Not Have The Opportunity To Select The Skins As They Will Be Handed Out Randomly To Each Player

This Is An Event Hosted By The MPGH Publicist Team. All Rules And The Event Itself Will Be Monitored By The Publicist Team. Failure To Comply With These Rules Will Result In Action Being Taken On Your MPGH Account. The Rules Include MPGH Rules And Event Rules That Are Listed Below.

Cheating

Cheating Is Absolutely Prohibited! Cheaters Will Be Banned From ALL Future MPGH Related Events And Will Receive A Ban On MPGH As Well. Cheaters Will Also Be Reported To Valve.

Cheating Includes The Following:

Any 3rd Person Program That Gives The Player An Unfair Advantage
    • AIMBOT, TRIGGER BOTS, WALL HACKS, ETC
    • Abusive Use Of Marcros Will Be Considered "Cheating"

Play Fair!

Side note: I don't give a fuck if you hate these rules and say that I'm a hypocrite for hosting a tournament in a "game hacking forum". You can make all your stupid threads if you want and personal attack me (no pls) but I will not change this at all. This is a community thats based on more than just hacking. If you find it hard to understand that, then there's the door.

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION

If you haven't already read the message above, here it is again. Sign ups will be different this time around! Official sign ups will be on the day of the tournament! This means that whoever shows up on the day of the tournament will be eligible to play.

The final change will be the sign up process itself. Even with all the precautions put into place I know for a fact that people will still not show up. This is why I am doing sign ups differently. The official sign ups will be on the day of the tournament. Fortunately for me a site called Challonge offers player check in the day of the tournament. This way whoever shows up, gets to play. This eliminates the need to wait for members and their teammates. The people who show up on the day of the tournament will be placed into teams right then and there and be put into play immediately. This time there will be no hassles, no waiting, and no bullshit.

However, with that said I still want a rough estimate of how many people to expect. Therefore, I am putting another protocol in place on top of that. In order to be accounted for on the day of the tournament you will have to fill out a player application form and post it below or PM it to me directly. If you show up on the day of the tournament and try to sign up without this having already been filled out, then you will have to fill out out right then and there. Please don't waste your time and my time.

Don't bother signing up if you don't meet the requirements. However, if you really want to join even though you don't meet these requirements please PM me directly here on the forums and write to me why you should play. Please don't try to be funny with me. Short answers DO NOT cut it.

Requirements

• MPGH Member
    • 300+ Posts [ Does not apply to Donator ]
    • Lives in North America

PLAYER APPLICATION

CS:GO RANK [ If Not Ranked, Please Put Down: Not Ranked & Your KDR ]:

Once again, this is only for me to get a rough estimate of who will show up! Official sign ups will be on the day of the tournament. You will have to fill this out prior to the official sign ups which will be on the day of the tournament. More information will be released the days leading up to the tournament.

The tournament will take place this Friday JULY 24 at 7 PM UTC

*Time and date may be subject to change

The server will be hosted in New York City.

Entire Tournament Should Take At The Most 3 Hours!

To check your ping, go to SpeedTest.net and select a New York server and run a test. Your ping will be displayed afterwards.

Players will eventually need to sign up for the tournament through Challonge. I suggest that you get familiar with the site.

The first map will be played on Dust 2. Maps afterwards will be determined by the teams themselves.

There is also a Publicist Spot up for grabs!

We want you to share your journey in the tournament with everyone else on MPGH. We would like it if participating members would record themselves playing and then edit their footage into a video promoting MPGH and the tournament. The video doesn't have to represent skilled players, it all matters on showing all the fun being had and MPGH. Submitting a video in this thread will automatically grant you a bonus reward, which has yet to be determined.

The best video submitted will be eligible for a spot on the Publicists Team. Your role will be to create videos like the one you just created for any future events.

Setting up a live stream for the tournament will also grant you a bonus reward, but you will not be eligible for a spot on the team. That is all, now have fun!
    To find the original thread please click HERE

This thread will remained open for mock sign ups and discussions. Hope to see you guys there.
    Last edited by Predator; 07-20-2015 at 09:47 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Predator For This Useful Post:

BlueSmurf (07-20-2015),Cataclypse (07-20-2015),Charion (07-21-2015),Chungha (07-22-2015),[MPGH]Flengo (07-20-2015),Hunter (07-21-2015),[MPGH]Mayion (07-20-2015)

Thanks
    yk\ou love picking days I work , but hey let's do this

Steam ID: burgessjr1
    CS:GO RANK [ If Not Ranked, Please Put Down: Not Ranked & Your KDR ]: GN3 now whew
    Timezone: -5

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    yk\ou love picking days I work , but hey let's do this
    Thanks for signing up. Be aware of the time alright...

And besides who works on a Sunday anyways

MPGH Member Since: 2011
    AVA Minion Since: 7.14.2013 - 7.4.2014

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

MPGH Relic, Full-time Lurker.

Join Anime Force, take over the world.

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I don't like signing up but if I'm online and not extremely busy and someone messages me to join I'm down.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

6. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Flengo (07-21-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I don't like signing up but if I'm online and not extremely busy and someone messages me to join I'm down.
    Cool! I'll make sure to message you

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

✘✘✘

Thanks
    Steam ID: Not Raple, ill give link in skype if need.
    CS:GO RANK [ If Not Ranked, Please Put Down: Not Ranked & Your KDR ]: suck
    Timezone: cst

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I would love to sign up but I play on a torrented CS:GO, so when I can actaully get my hands on a legit cs:go copy, I will be down to shake it.

Unless someone is kind enough to get me a copy right know and I could pay them later :P
    Previous Names

Zavior
    Xavier
    Eternity
    Azathoth
    Eternity (again)
    Add me on IM

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Endless Void."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/CSLOUNGE34
    CS:GO RANK [ If Not Ranked, Please Put Down: Not Ranked & Your KDR ]: MGE
    Timezone: eastern time zone (UTC-05:00)

thank you
    Last edited by BlueSmurf; 07-20-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097346477/
    CS:GO RANK: GE but I'm going to use my brothers account so it's like gold 4
    Timezone: Hell if I know.
    [IMG]https://i30.photobucke*****m/albums/c335/Joshcarr2006/tumblr_lz1nrntuZf1qdxcglo1_500_zps0388a33f.gif[/IMG]

People aren't against you;
    They are for themselves

Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    My bad pulling out, didnt see time and realized i wasnt going to be available at that time.
    Sort of blows that my whole team was ready for the last tournament, but we never even got to play :/
    Last edited by Kevin; 07-21-2015 at 07:59 AM.
    Please contact me through PM, I rarely check MPGH IM

MPGH Minion+ 2/5/2019 - 12/1/2020
    Call of Duty Minion 12/23/2017 - 12/1/2020
    MPGH Minion 12/23/2017 - 2/5/2019
    MPGH Minion+ 2/2/2016 - 8/9/2016
    NewsForce Writer 1/1/2016 - 8/9/2016
    CockSucker 7/24/2015 - 7/25/2015
    Other Semi-Popular FPS Hacks Minion 12/27/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Combat Arms Minion 11/4/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Maplestory Minion 6/1/15 - 8/9/2016
    League of Legends Minion 6/1/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Other FPS Hacks Minion 5/31/2015 - 8/9/2016
    Minecraft Marketplace Minion 6/18/2015 - 9/15/2015
    Combat Arms Marketplace Minion 4/05/2015 - 6/2/2015
    Marketplace Minion 8/1/2014 - 6/2/2015
    MPGH Minion 8/1/2014 - 2/2/2016

Pharaoh (#7) 5/01/2014 - 5/31/2014
    Premium Member 2/1/2014 - Current
    Official Middle Man 12/12/2013 - 6/2/2015
    Member 11/15/2009 - Current

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thank you. All applicants have been noted.

Please be aware of the date and time of the tournament. I can not stress this enough

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Noted Batman!

Thanks for letting me know

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった

✘✘✘

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:97047375
    CS:GO RANK: Was MGE
    Timezone: UTC -4 hours
    Last edited by Ichayd; 07-21-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichayd View Post
    Are You Willing To Be A Substitute [ Y/N ]: Sure why not
    Check the new format please

⎳ℴ ⎷ ℯ
    進撃の巨人

私は武器販売業者と一緒に旅行した

犬の日が終わった