
Originally Posted by
Empire
[Not having a reason for belief in a God]
You are here in a debate forum. If you don't even have a reason or argument, you lose.
for one thing it's called faith, that's literally it's name. Many people think they can 'disprove' religion with science, when in reality religion doesn't work in opposition against common logic, that'd be dumb. Athiests often say 'I'm supposed to believe a magical man made the universe with his magic powers and creates every person and animal himself?' No you aren't supposed to believe that it's a story made up it didn't really happen, the most likely cause of our universe is a big explosion most people know as The Big Bang, science doesn't disprove religion and religion doesn't disprove science anyone who thinks that knows nothing about their religion and I'd like to personally say to them, Go fuck yourself.
now to respond to some of the things you said in that same comment.
"Ok right here you are stating that religious people are just making stuff up." Well you could easily respond with that to what I wrote just now. That person didn't say anything about us making stuff up, they said religious people find answers in their religion which they do... it exists to give you answers.
"Well I don't think we should believe in whatever rubbish someone makes up." You don't have to believe in this 'rubbish' it's here to help you, if you don't want this help then don't take it lol.
"I think we should have standards on things we believe in" Well your standards are physical proof, which FAITH cannot provide because I doubt you are buying my your existence is proof comment I made earlier lmao.
"Again, these are all just random concepts. All without practical use as therapy has shown better results on a more consistent basis" Random concepts maybe but they do have a common theme, good morals? Bibles of all types have tonnes of practical use, for example with the catholic bible, be nice, don't judge people, everyone's equal, etc etc. I'd say the billions of religious people living good lives and being good people in general are pretty good results, although this is another case where you are expecting physical proof on the concept of FAITH.
"We are all created by Gary the snail!" I don't believe you, but I'm not going to try to change your mind because you seem pretty dedicated to Gary, and if he's real he seems like a nice guy.
Have a nice day.
"'But I don't believe, Father, I am an athiest!' But do good, we will meet one another there." -Pope Francis.