QuestionOdd request

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Odd request
So, I've never requested much. I'm very against requests in general because you can just google your shit, but I have a pretty specific request that I'm not sure I can google.


Is there any series where a character(usually the mc) has a tragic event or past such as Kaneki(torture) and rather than not telling anyone, they openly explain what happened to someone but not in a sad way, more like a "gives you chills" sense. It's hard to explain, but I can go further if needed, it'll just sound edgy as hell.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
So, I've never requested much. I'm very against requests in general because you can just google your shit, but I have a pretty specific request that I'm not sure I can google.


Is there any series where a character(usually the mc) has a tragic event or past such as Kaneki(torture) and rather than not telling anyone, they openly explain what happened to someone but not in a sad way, more like a "gives you chills" sense. It's hard to explain, but I can go further if needed, it'll just sound edgy as hell.
Don't know if you've saw it, but angel beats protagonist is this very story, but you said you hate any romance and it has some in it.
Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Love You View Post
Don't know if you've saw it, but angel beats protagonist is this very story, but you said you hate any romance and it has some in it.
I dunno about hate romance, it's more I'd prefer to avoid watching it. But yeah, Angel Beats could be implied here. Already saw it though. Heres an (outdated) MAL.
Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
Is there any series where a character(usually the mc) has a tragic event or past such as Kaneki(torture) and rather than not telling anyone, they openly explain what happened to someone but not in a sad way, more like a "gives you chills" sense. It's hard to explain, but I can go further if needed, it'll just sound edgy as hell.
Well outside of books, no.

Anime/manga prefer to show that (as in what happens for Tokyo Ghoul).


Series that come to mind:
Berserk, Gantz, Vagabond, Eden: It's an Endless world maybe.


I don't know, a ton of characters have a "tragic past" but asking if they explain it without a flashback? That's more from the books.



The Blade Itself is a pretty good book for that.
Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Series that come to mind:
Berserk, Gantz, Vagabond, Eden: It's an Endless world
I'm reading Berserk, haven't caught up on Gantz yet.

Will try out Vagabond and Eden later today.


The Blade Itself sounds familiar. I think I planned on reading it but never actually bought it. Will look it up later.


Thanks.
Samurai Deeper Kyo, comes to mind. Barely any romance and even if there is it's like the main character is basically insulting the chick and the chick loves it, but yeah, he has a tragic past where people called him a demon and whatnot. However he doesn't get upset about it, he just..... wellll...... goes on a killing spree
Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
Samurai Deeper Kyo, comes to mind. Barely any romance and even if there is it's like the main character is basically insulting the chick and the chick loves it, but yeah, he has a tragic past where people called him a demon and whatnot. However he doesn't get upset about it, he just..... wellll...... goes on a killing spree
Actually SDK's protagonist has a dark past.

But it's kind of an odd one, what, with the three-players in the game.
In selector infected WIXOSS there is a tragic event concerning Akira Aoi (not the main character) that I liked a lot. The series itself is pretty entertaining as well.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?