QuestionQuestion on Pointers

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Question on Pointers
Ok I seem to be having a problem with pointers. Here's my example of my problem.

Open the CE, scan for my weapon value and end up getting the two addresses. Now these are dynamic addresses so I need to find a pointer. So I do 'Find what writes to this address'. I go back in game, switch weapons, and I get the offset. (4C). Now I click Replace, Stop, Close. Now the problem from here is, I have the offset, but what address do I put WITH this offset? I am having a hard time understanding why I can't find the address to place with the offset, but I can find the offset itself. Upsetting.
Quote Originally Posted by mains3rv3r View Post
Ok I seem to be having a problem with pointers. Here's my example of my problem.

Open the CE, scan for my weapon value and end up getting the two addresses. Now these are dynamic addresses so I need to find a pointer. So I do 'Find what writes to this address'. I go back in game, switch weapons, and I get the offset. (4C). Now I click Replace, Stop, Close. Now the problem from here is, I have the offset, but what address do I put WITH this offset? I am having a hard time understanding why I can't find the address to place with the offset, but I can find the offset itself. Upsetting.
do the CE tutorial -.-
Quote Originally Posted by mains3rv3r View Post
Ok I seem to be having a problem with pointers. Here's my example of my problem.

Open the CE, scan for my weapon value and end up getting the two addresses. Now these are dynamic addresses so I need to find a pointer. So I do 'Find what writes to this address'. I go back in game, switch weapons, and I get the offset. (4C). Now I click Replace, Stop, Close. Now the problem from here is, I have the offset, but what address do I put WITH this offset? I am having a hard time understanding why I can't find the address to place with the offset, but I can find the offset itself. Upsetting.


Use the address that you used to find the offset, if you found the pointer then you already have the address. You should of ended up with one or two addresses right, and you used them addresses to find the offset. The address that you should use is the one where the value dosent change
Quote Originally Posted by nbr1dan View Post
Use the address that you used to find the offset, if you found the pointer then you already have the address. You should of ended up with one or two addresses right, and you used them addresses to find the offset. The address that you should use is the one where the value dosent change
Yes... I've found how to do the simple ones... I'm attempting to find Auto Heal at the moment. Something is weird and I can't seem to find the address for the offset.
Auto heal is what I am working on right now and I think I have the address. Try this one = 009C4E3C
Quote Originally Posted by nbr1dan View Post
Auto heal is what I am working on right now and I think I have the address. Try this one = 009C4E3C
Hmm... the address has a pointer if you want it to work... The address I got for what 'Probably goes back to the pointer' is 009bf39c... which is weird because i want to convert to hex, but it finds nothing obviously... this is in bytes... so i don't understand that one...
Im not sure either. I will scan some more and try to figure it out, if I find anything useful I will let you know.
I ALREADY POSTED A TUT!


1) Add address you found to you Lower Bar and left click on it
2) Select "What Writes To This Address" and go back in game
3) Heal Your Self Whit Med Kit and Alt+Tab to get back to UCE
4) In WhatWritesToThisAddress Window two lines will appear
5) Select the lower one and press REPLACE then Stop and Close
6) Click Advanced Options and in there will be the replaced code
7) Look for the number in [eax+/ep+/nop+xxxxxxxxx] compy just the number
8) Close The Advanced Options Window
9) In Lower window where our Address is stored you will see something like
10) WarRock+xxxxx or WarRock.exe+xxxx check the box add pointer
11) In the Right Window where it says Offset paste the number or type it in
12) Press Ok and You are done
Quote Originally Posted by Mikeck901323 View Post
I ALREADY POSTED A TUT!


1) Add address you found to you Lower Bar and left click on it
2) Select "What Writes To This Address" and go back in game
3) Heal Your Self Whit Med Kit and Alt+Tab to get back to UCE
4) In WhatWritesToThisAddress Window two lines will appear
5) Select the lower one and press REPLACE then Stop and Close
6) Click Advanced Options and in there will be the replaced code
7) Look for the number in [eax+/ep+/nop+xxxxxxxxx] compy just the number
8) Close The Advanced Options Window
9) In Lower window where our Address is stored you will see something like
10) WarRock+xxxxx or WarRock.exe+xxxx check the box add pointer
11) In the Right Window where it says Offset paste the number or type it in
12) Press Ok and You are done
I've already read that tut. The part that makes no sense is when you check the box "add pointer", it wants a address WITH THAT POINTER. What address do you put there with the offset??? This has to be non hex.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us