HelpStarting internals

Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
Starting internals
So I was watching Snorflake's video, how to code internals. I followed everything he did, and it worked fine, until the bunny hop part.

Code:
if (cmd->buttons & IN_JUMP && !(me->GetFlags() & FL_ONGROUND))
		cmd->buttons &= ~IN_JUMP;
When I pressed space my game crashed. I tried some other things and found out the problem was with the me address. I tried printing out the players health, but when I injected it crashed. So maybe something changed with the me address? This is how it's declared:

Code:
CBaseEntity* me = Interfaces.ClientEntList->GetClientEntity(Interfaces.Engine->GetLocalPlayer());
I thought maybe the indexes were wrong, but I checked ayyware and the indexes were pretty much identical there. So what is the problem here? I really want to know because I finding information on internals is very scarce.
The Game usually crashes when your Offsets are wrong because it just keeps writing Memory to places where you dont really want it and then you write to something that shouldnt be changed and you game crashes. Well you can download a Offset Dumper or take a look in the Megathread for the newest Offsets, I think your Offsets are wrong at some point tbh.
Quote Originally Posted by derkrasseboy View Post
The Game usually crashes when your Offsets are wrong because it just keeps writing Memory to places where you dont really want it and then you write to something that shouldnt be changed and you game crashes. Well you can download a Offset Dumper or take a look in the Megathread for the newest Offsets, I think your Offsets are wrong at some point tbh.
But it isn't external, please learn how to read
Debug your code. Is it a access violation? What line does it crash on?

You can checkout my github for examples. The base I posted sometime ago is still up2date http://github.com/markhc/csgosimple
Quote Originally Posted by MarkHC View Post
Debug your code. Is it a access violation? What line does it crash on?

You can checkout my github for examples. The base I posted sometime ago is still up2date http://github.com/markhc/csgosimple
Yes, I have glanced at your code. But I have tried debugging some different functions and I know that it crashes when I call a function from the "me" pointer
Quote Originally Posted by MarkHC View Post
[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="2"]Debug your code. Is it a access violation? What line does it crash on?

You can checkout my github for examples. The base I posted sometime ago is still up2date
Mark, are you sure your base is still up 2 date? Whenever I build it I get a lot of compilation errors based on improper conversions and some undeclared identifiers.
are you checking if "me" is null before continuing
Quote Originally Posted by Epik View Post
are you checking if "me" is null before continuing
Yep.
if (!me)
return;
Quote Originally Posted by KappaMang View Post
Yep.
if (!me)
return;
check if you are correctly querying the two interfaces
Quote Originally Posted by Epik View Post


check if you are correctly querying the two interfaces
What does that mean, and how would I do that?
Quote Originally Posted by KappaMang View Post
What does that mean, and how would I do that?
Interfaces.ClientEntList
Interfaces.Engine

are they being initialized?
Quote Originally Posted by Epik View Post


Interfaces.ClientEntList
Interfaces.Engine

are they being initialized?
It's the first time I used them.
Quote Originally Posted by KappaMang View Post
It's the first time I used them.
eh, good luck with internals lol
Quote Originally Posted by Epik View Post


eh, good luck with internals lol
Well I need to learn somehow...
1 week has passed and no further replies have been made by the OP. Assuming solved.

/Closed.
Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?