Implement Two Step Verification?!

Posts 1–15 of 28 · Page 1 of 2
Implement Two Step Verification?!
Hello, I was just hovering through some old reports and stumbled accross this gem
 
Picture

This might seem like an overkill regarding safety options but I believe if integrated onto MPGH and people have an option to choose whether they want to use it or not at least some would.

I definitly don´t want to wake up one day and have a scam report filed against me when I did not scam anyone but have been hacked
I don´t know if that is possible and if people would use such a feature - if any moderator/minion or whatever could please add a poll to this thread?!
"Would you use a two step verification system to protect your MPGH Account?" Thanks in advance

Let´s discuss about this - is this a usefull feature that could be added or is that a waste of time in integrate?
Quote Originally Posted by x12 View Post
Hello, I was just hovering through some old reports and stumbled accross this gem
 
Picture

This might seem like an overkill regarding safety options but I believe if integrated onto MPGH and people have an option to choose whether they want to use it or not at least some would.

I definitly don´t want to wake up one day and have a scam report filed against me when I did not scam anyone but have been hacked
I don´t know if that is possible and if people would use such a feature - if any moderator/minion or whatever could please add a poll to this thread?!
"Would you use a two step verification system to protect your MPGH Account?" Thanks in advance

Let´s discuss about this - is this a usefull feature that could be added or is that a waste of time in integrate?
i would def want this as a choice, my old account was hacked i created in 2012 i cant even remember the name
Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
i would def want this as a choice, my old account was hacked i created in 2012 i cant even remember the name

That sucks, have my pepe
Quote Originally Posted by x12 View Post



That sucks, have my pepe
lol the funny thing is i was 10 when i created the account i think i was trying to hack on minecraft i cant even remember
maybe post it in the right section next time
Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
maybe post it in the right section next time
I didn´t know this existed, excuse me for the inconvenience
Quote Originally Posted by x12 View Post


I didn´t know this existed, excuse me for the inconvenience
you should probaly @ some of the staff to see
Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
you should probaly @ some of the staff to see
I always feel like annoying them

There is no moderator in this section :|
@ @arunforce
Is there a way this can be done?
What are your thoughts on this? I am sure people don´t want their accounts banned if they actually did nothing wrong, even if it happens rarely!
i think every mod and up have complete access over this maybe also some minions
A two-step verification would be nice at times but very tedious
Quote Originally Posted by Ahl View Post
A two-step verification would be nice at times but very tedious
Then make it like you only have to enter it once per PC - that way others can´t get in to your account
Quote Originally Posted by x12 View Post


Then make it like you only have to enter it once per PC - that way others can´t get in to your account
I think it should use a saved cache to recognize the computer has been verified. Obviously, if you cleared your cache, it would require you to re-enter again but that would be a more viable option imo
Quote Originally Posted by Ahl View Post
I think it should use a saved cache to recognize the computer has been verified. Obviously, if you cleared your cache, it would require you to re-enter again but that would be a more viable option imo
Well that sounds pretty good imo, that´s how all sites operate or not? If you clear the cache you have to relog no matter what
Here's an idea.

Along with your password, you create a pin - it could be anything.

Anytime you log in under a new IP, after your put your password in you'll be taken to a page where you need to put your pin in as well. Remove the feature to recover your pin if you forget. You won't have the option to change it as well - you must contact an admin to do this.
Quote Originally Posted by Asuna View Post
Here's an idea.

Along with your password, you create a pin - it could be anything.

Anytime you log in under a new IP, after your put your password in you'll be taken to a page where you need to put your pin in as well. Remove the feature to recover your pin if you forget. You won't have the option to change it as well - you must contact an admin to do this.
That could work aswell
I just want more security for my account tbh
Posts 1–15 of 28 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us