AQW Quest Grabber - Oliboli8769

Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
AQW Quest Grabber - Oliboli8769
Just a quick and innocent release. Should get a list of all quests in a few minutes. This tool of mine is also capable of detailing whether the quests are for members only or not.

Using a new laptop, new software, new everything... so a complete failure is possible. Let me know if anything goes wrong.



Virus scans: 1 l 2.
AQW Quest Grabber 0.2.exe_mpgh.net_mpgh.net.zip262 KB · 485 downloads 2/55 malicious
I would abuse the thanks button if I could.
You're back(?)!
Quote Originally Posted by Yuudoku View Post
I would abuse the thanks button if I could.
You're back(?)!
Glad you like it
Eh not really - life's very busy. I do have a laptop and Internet connection now though, so I guess that's something
A really good and epic work , i was alltime working with really old Hellquest to get them so that may make things easier , thanks
Great release. Would be better if there is also a shop ID grabber version of this (grabs all shop IDs currently available) (In my opinion)
Quote Originally Posted by Snowflurr View Post
Great release. Would be better if there is also a shop ID grabber version of this (grabs all shop IDs currently available) (In my opinion)
Can you teach me how to use this? Im a newbie
Quote Originally Posted by jsphrgns View Post
Can you teach me how to use this? Im a newbie
Open the program and join a server and stay at a map (preferably: battleon), then run it and wait. After doing that, save the list.
Quote Originally Posted by Snowflurr View Post
Great release. Would be better if there is also a shop ID grabber version of this (grabs all shop IDs currently available) (In my opinion)
Sadly shops and quests are very different. It is possible to loop the basic shop load, but it doesn't pick up all shops due to map restrictions, and it's much slower and takes hours. There could possibly be a method out there still, but I'm yet to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by JibjabOfCrC View Post
A really good and epic work , i was alltime working with really old Hellquest to get them so that may make things easier , thanks
Ahaha yeah idk why this application hadn't been made tbh, I think everyone just assumed it wasn't possible

Quote Originally Posted by jsphrgns View Post
Can you teach me how to use this? Im a newbie
Snowflurr seems to have helped you, but if you're still having problems I'll happily help
Seems like whoever approved this tool forgot to make a post stating so... Anyway...

/Approved. Post back results and as always, use at your own risk.
Still working nicely as of today.
I have tried this one, and your actionscript from another post, and both are missing a lot of quests.
For example,

Code:
1983
Mixture Completed
Successfully mixed that stuffs

2607
Mage Mystery
If we're going to light the beacon and summon help, we're going to need the power from these Corundum Crystals. Gather 4 of them, and blind the 13 Sp-Eyes to prevent Drakath from watching our next move.

2642
Wisteria in ForestChaos
Chaorrupted Wolves in the Forestchaos map have the wisteria petals I need to heal my pets. Slay 1 Chaorrupted Wolf to bring me the petals.
Try to fix it, and keep up the good work! +1

EDIT:
You seem to load the quests in 'chunks', there are two quests bugged (in AQW in general)
Code:
2502: ? Dynamite Test Quest 1
2503: ? Dynamite Test Quest 2
When you manually ignore those two QuestID's, there will appear around 200/300 quests you've been missing.

EDIT2:
As reference point:
This quest grabber: 4337
My quest grabber: 5208
Bugged quests shouldn't affect it. Not sure how oli coded it but if you do it te right way, it just loops until it's done every possible id. Then it collated those into a text file with the ones that actually had data when loaded.
Quote Originally Posted by chibizs View Post
Bugged quests shouldn't affect it. Not sure how oli coded it but if you do it te right way, it just loops until it's done every possible id. Then it collated those into a text file with the ones that actually had data when loaded.
You're almost correct, the code indeed loops one-by-one, but in the background, the engine 'stacks' all of the requests and then send them to the server all at once at the next game-tick.
This also explains why each time you run the quest grabber, you get a slightly differend amount of quests.

Proof of multiple quest-requests at once:
image.prntscr.com/image/15fdf6f0884144e5b504cd361506335f.png

If one of the many QuestID's is equal to 2502 or 2503 the sever won't reply anything.
Quote Originally Posted by Archduchess View Post
You're almost correct, the code indeed loops one-by-one, but in the background, the engine 'stacks' all of the requests and then send them to the server all at once at the next game-tick.
This also explains why each time you run the quest grabber, you get a slightly differend amount of quests.

Proof of multiple quest-requests at once:
image.prntscr.com/image/15fdf6f0884144e5b504cd361506335f.png

If one of the many QuestID's is equal to 2502 or 2503 the sever won't reply anything.
Made this really quickly because I hadn't released anything in ages
I had coded something before summer where I made the quest limit on each tick +961 (no idea why, I'm sure I had a reason before summer), but it seemed a little extreme when I came back with it, that could be a reason. But I wasn't aware of these bugged quests - if they're the issue, I can easily ignore them and get a fix up for tomorrow

Edit - sorry forgot to add, yeah I loaded the quest in chunks because it seemed faster and didn't notice the missing IDs.

Edit- hold up, how come you got 5208 when I got 5313 here? http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1125642
Will sort it out tomorrow when I have time.

Edit- oh you mean line count I see lol I shouldn't post when tired

Edit- Managed to get 5238, thanks for the heads up will keep working

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, still a difference of 100 between the line count and the supposed quest ID. Can't see a reason for this but thanks again to @Archduchess for the heads up about the buggy quests. A bit slower now, but this allows for people with bad connection etc. too hopefully.
Scans:
https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/fi...job/1insxqqgbm
https://virustotal.com/en/file/467a3...is/1471808238/

Not sure why there's false-positives on the virus scans.

Again, please report any bugs!
@Hunter update pls
Quote Originally Posted by Oliboli8769 View Post
Made this really quickly because I hadn't released anything in ages
I had coded something before summer where I made the quest limit on each tick +961 (no idea why, I'm sure I had a reason before summer), but it seemed a little extreme when I came back with it, that could be a reason. But I wasn't aware of these bugged quests - if they're the issue, I can easily ignore them and get a fix up for tomorrow

Edit - sorry forgot to add, yeah I loaded the quest in chunks because it seemed faster and didn't notice the missing IDs.

Edit- hold up, how come you got 5208 when I got 5313 here? http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1125642
Will sort it out tomorrow when I have time.

Edit- oh you mean line count I see lol I shouldn't post when tired

Edit- Managed to get 5238, thanks for the heads up will keep working

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, still a difference of 100 between the line count and the supposed quest ID. Can't see a reason for this but thanks again to @Archduchess for the heads up about the buggy quests. A bit slower now, but this allows for people with bad connection etc. too hopefully.
Scans:
https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/fi...job/1insxqqgbm
https://virustotal.com/en/file/467a3...is/1471808238/

Not sure why there's false-positives on the virus scans.

Again, please report any bugs!
@Hunter update pls
Welcome back Oli and thank you for the release.
Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?