New monitor!

Posts 1–15 of 29 · Page 1 of 2
New monitor!
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a brand new monitor for casual stuff like recording, gaming, editing and internet surfing..

I'm pretty sure that the monitors which you'll be providing to me will have a shippment cos which wont be cheap, so I wanna ask you which monitor should I buy off a site which is really trusted, since its an official store in the city I live.

So the monitors are:
1~ LG 22M38A - Price 109 Euros (resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9) , 5 ms registration time, Toll: 21,5) LED)
2~ LG 24M38H - Price 139 Euros (resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9) , 5 ms registration time, Toll: 23,5) LED)
3~ Philips 243V5LHSB - Price 139 Euros (resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9) , 5 ms registration time, Toll 23,6) LED)

my budget is 145 Euros.

Edit: Also, I have a little question, I would like to know whatever or not my GPU and computer over all can handle up to 3 monitors at once?
My CPU: Intel i7-3770 3,4Ghz
My Ram: 8GB
My GPU: nVidia GeForce 970 4GB
What games are you playing? FPS or games like lol?
Quote Originally Posted by sigura View Post
What games are you playing? FPS or games like lol?
I play a lot of games, mostly CS:GO but I need new mouse to play somewhat decent again, I mostly need a new monitor to record games easily, like when your monitor is already 1080p your recording software can do it thing and record it on 720p..
Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post


Edit: Also, I have a little question, I would like to know whatever or not my GPU and computer over all can handle up to 3 monitors at once?
My CPU: Intel i7-3770 3,4Ghz
My Ram: 8GB
My GPU: nVidia GeForce 970 4GB
Your CPU and ram will do great. And you can use the grafic card whit 3 screens but im not sure about gaming, to get a good result in gaming you 3 cards or one whit many DisplayPorts. using for example an HDMI port will give you verry bad FPS.
My plan for my setup is to buy a good screen to have in the middle and have 2 other screens that are cheaper at eatch side. I feel like gaming on 3 gets edgy


Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post


I play a lot of games, mostly CS:GO but I need new mouse to play somewhat decent again, I mostly need a new monitor to record games easily, like when your monitor is already 1080p your recording software can do it thing and record it on 720p..
If you are looking for a cheap mouse aswell buy Steelseries Rival 100 i use it and its great, its just 30$
Im playing alot of csgo aswell. I just oderd benq 24 xl2411z 144hz 1ms. Its just for 200$.
Quote Originally Posted by sigura View Post
Your CPU and ram will do great. And you can use the grafic card whit 3 screens but im not sure about gaming, to get a good result in gaming you 3 cards or one whit many DisplayPorts. using for example an HDMI port will give you verry bad FPS.
My plan for my setup is to buy a good screen to have in the middle and have 2 other screens that are cheaper at eatch side. I feel like gaming on 3 gets edgy




If you are looking for a cheap mouse aswell buy Steelseries Rival 100 i use it and its great, its just 30$
Im playing alot of csgo aswell. I just oderd benq 24 xl2411z 144hz 1ms. Its just for 200$.
my budget is 145 Euros, so that 200 can be thrown out of a window lol, so either one of those..

I will game on one monitor anyway, like 1st game, editing, photoshop, video/movie on 2nd and 3rd for random shit like social media.
Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post


my budget is 145 Euros, so that 200 can be thrown out of a window lol, so either one of those..

I will game on one monitor anyway, like 1st game, editing, photoshop, video/movie on 2nd and 3rd for random shit like social media.
Don't forget porn
Quote Originally Posted by sigura View Post
Don't forget porn
Haven't watched porn, really uninteresting and dumb.. Get laid..
Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a brand new monitor for casual stuff like recording, gaming, editing and internet surfing..

I'm pretty sure that the monitors which you'll be providing to me will have a shippment cos which wont be cheap, so I wanna ask you which monitor should I buy off a site which is really trusted, since its an official store in the city I live.

So the monitors are:
1~ LG 22M38A - Price 109 Euros (resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9) , 5 ms registration time, Toll: 21,5) LED)
2~ LG 24M38H - Price 139 Euros (resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9) , 5 ms registration time, Toll: 23,5) LED)
3~ Philips 243V5LHSB - Price 139 Euros (resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9) , 5 ms registration time, Toll 23,6) LED)

my budget is 145 Euros.

Edit: Also, I have a little question, I would like to know whatever or not my GPU and computer over all can handle up to 3 monitors at once?
My CPU: Intel i7-3770 3,4Ghz
My Ram: 8GB
My GPU: nVidia GeForce 970 4GB
Do you want to refund it after ordering, if so is your budget before or after the refund?
Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post


Do you want to refund it after ordering, if so is your budget before or after the refund?
I'm ordering the monitor via this site: http://www.elion.ee - you might know what kind of website it is once you visit it, however it is in Estonian so I'm unsure you can change the language to Eng.. Well, it's commonly known as "Telia" which is I believe a Finnish company

Well, I checked, you can change it to English, but as you go to "E-shop" in Estonian it means "E-pood" then you no longer have an option like "Eng" only "Est" or "Rus"
Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
1~ LG 22M38A - Price 109 Euros (resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9) , 5 ms registration time, Toll: 21,5) LED)
2~ LG 24M38H - Price 139 Euros (resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9) , 5 ms registration time, Toll: 23,5) LED)
3~ Philips 243V5LHSB - Price 139 Euros (resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9) , 5 ms registration time, Toll 23,6) LED)
Number 3 would be the best. But by looks it's all about what you want in terms of features and/or brand.
Philips has what they claim a "WLED" Display, which is probably the equivalent of WVA. So you get good colours, wide viewing angles and TN-Like Response Time.

All the other monitors seemingly have the simple TN-Panel, which isn't exactly that great, seeing as if you're not sitting at the center you get untrustworthy colours and some pink hue to it. (Or white/orange) WVA or IPS is always the way to go. Especially WVA-Like standards seeing as they're like a middle ground, they can give contrasts and benefits of IPS while retaining the response time of a TN.
Quote Originally Posted by Walkyr View Post
Number 3 would be the best. But by looks it's all about what you want in terms of features and/or brand.
Philips has what they claim a "WLED" Display, which is probably the equivalent of WVA. So you get good colours, wide viewing angles and TN-Like Response Time.

All the other monitors seemingly have the simple TN-Panel, which isn't exactly that great, seeing as if you're not sitting at the center you get untrustworthy colours and some pink hue to it. (Or white/orange) WVA or IPS is always the way to go. Especially WVA-Like standards seeing as they're like a middle ground, they can give contrasts and benefits of IPS while retaining the response time of a TN.
Well, I had this idea since I got a job like 2 months ago, I wanna build a better setup (3 monitors) since my PC can easily handle 3 while just doing casual stuff, and one for gaming, the center one (if I'm getting 3 monitors) but running 3 monitors of GPU which has only 2 DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 Display port, it'll be hard and unreliable..

Currently using a really old Philips, and the coloring is alright, however it's old monitor too..

So, 139 Euros it shall be ^_^
Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Well, I had this idea since I got a job like 2 months ago, I wanna build a better setup (3 monitors) since my PC can easily handle 3 while just doing casual stuff, and one for gaming, the center one (if I'm getting 3 monitors) but running 3 monitors of GPU which has only 2 DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 Display port, it'll be hard and unreliable..
It's actually quite reliable. Just couple 2 DVI and 1 HDMI. I myself am using 1 HDMI-DVI Adapter and one HDMI. So if you're going HDMI and DVI, just make sure you know which monitor will have which "special priority" in terms of max resolution and refresh rates.
I'm pretty sure you can have 3 simultaneous monitors with a GTX 970.
Quote Originally Posted by Boosting Train View Post
I'm pretty sure you can have 3 simultaneous monitors with a GTX 970.
Yeah, you can. Lots of 'em.
Either of the LG monitors will work. And yes, your computer is definitely powerful enough to run any of those monitors :P
Posts 1–15 of 29 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?