Interested to know what you people think about this artwork, it's my first work with a tablet!
"Timelapse" version
CnC bois!
*edit*
First improved version:
I like it personally. Has a interesting design for the background that clearly matches the character which is good. Pretty good work for first design on a tablet
First the good, the smudge looks pretty decent for just starting out in that style.Your color use is better too.
The bad, is that the render isn't blended, and the smudge itself looks pretty flat.
If you want it to pop more add a light source and make sure that after each smudge layer is done sharpen them.
Originally Posted by Ethereal
First the good, the smudge looks pretty decent for just starting out in that style.Your color use is better too.
The bad, is that the render isn't blended, and the smudge itself looks pretty flat.
If you want it to pop more add a light source and make sure that after each smudge layer is done sharpen them.
I'd say you're spot on, i'll definitely try to improve it in the upcoming days. Thank you!
p.s.
I just noticed the dark smudge at the bottom got merged with the background, i guess i'll have to re-do it. x)
*edit*
Added the sharpen, the difference is so dense! ò.ò
Very cool! I like the Abstractness.
May I ask what tablet you are using?
Originally Posted by Space
May I ask what tablet you are using?
Wacom intuos comic (blue ;D).
Turns out the touch controls are useless (laggy, not precise), if i knew i would've opted for the draw version instead. >.>
Added more dark areas to help with depth.
Added some lights.
If it doesn't work, add more yes?
Originally Posted by IV2B
Wacom intuos comic (blue ;D).
Turns out the touch controls are useless (laggy, not precise), if i knew i would've opted for the draw version instead. >.>
*edit*
Hey man, definitely better.
But keep in mind that your background shouldn't overwhelm your focal.
What I mean by that is that your background light source looks great! But you have to incorporate some of that into the focal as well.
Added more dark areas to help with depth.
Added some lights.
If it doesn't work, add more yes?
Hey man, definitely better.
But keep in mind that your background shouldn't overwhelm your focal.
What I mean by that is that your background light source looks great! But you have to incorporate some of that into the focal as well.
So get some of that lighting on her face a bit.
I'll do my best to give some light to the render, i'll quote/mention you once i've got something done. ;)
Yay or nay?
I kinda prefer the version without any light... x)
I personally think it's an improvement, I think with the right adjustment layers it can be even better.
My problem with the original is mainly that the focal just looks pasted on there.
I like the gif with different frames, although you should somehow blend them so it's a smoother transition in between.
I'll try to adjust the lights a bit, then i'll see if i can blend the render without relying on light (like i usually do anyway ).
As usual i'll quote or mention you once i have something done.
Not bad looks awesome
Wow, I like it.. Good job! I've always wanted a tablet for drawing, but I don't think that I have the time for it.