QuestionHelpCan you get VAC for having Extreme Injector running in the background?

Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
Can you get VAC for having Extreme Injector running in the background?
My question is as the title states.

I had Extreme Injector v3 running in the background after previously injecting it into a completely different game and I forgot to close it and noticed it after a CS:GO competitive match.

Will I receive a VAC ban now? (Extreme Injector didn't inject anything to "csgo.exe" it was merely running in the background while playing).
Yes you can get a vac for it as ive had once for just haveing cheat engin open after playing garys mod it is a thing!
I would say it is possible, yes. However I don't think it will VAC ban you.
I've heard of people just getting banned for simply having cheat engine/injectors in there computer, regardless of if they have it open or not.
Quote Originally Posted by edups yellow homie View Post
I've heard of people just getting banned for simply having cheat engine/injectors in there computer, regardless of if they have it open or not.
That would only be the case if VAC could scan your PC for the hacks. However, no one would download a game and give the game full permission to view all their files.

ESEA does this though with their anti-cheat system
Yes you could get banned but it didn't hook into CSGO, So I wouldn't think so
Okay, well I've had Extreme Injector on my PC for atleast 1 - 2 years now and had it open while playing CS:GO comp, 2 days ago so thats why I'm so worried right now. I heard somewhere that VAC can have a 3 month delay.
Alright, so it's safe to assume that VAC does not scan any programs running in the background? It's day 3 now since this happened and I'm not VAC banned yet. It would be rather intrusive if VAC actually scans every file but I also doubt that because then I would have been banned long ago since I had a lot of injectors, trainers, .dlls lying on my desktop.
Quote Originally Posted by GroxIan_Fudschi View Post
Alright, so it's safe to assume that VAC does not scan any programs running in the background? It's day 3 now since this happened and I'm not VAC banned yet. It would be rather intrusive if VAC actually scans every file but I also doubt that because then I would have been banned long ago since I had a lot of injectors, trainers, .dlls lying on my desktop.
It does. Vac 2 is running while steam is open. Even if you havent started csgo vac 2 is running. However if you just have extreme injector open you will not get banned. If you however have extreme injector let your dll inject and then connect tp a vac secured server you might get banned
Quote Originally Posted by antep2727 View Post
It does. Vac 2 is running while steam is open. Even if you havent started csgo vac 2 is running. However if you just have extreme injector open you will not get banned. If you however have extreme injector let your dll inject and then connect tp a vac secured server you might get banned
Well, I had it open with a .dll already inside but I didn't hook it into any process. I guess I just have to wait what happens.
You will probably get untrusted like me for being a dumbass on 2 accounts.
Quote Originally Posted by GW$Twyhj56u8567uh View Post
You will probably get untrusted like me for being a dumbass on 2 accounts.
So far nothing has happened but the thing I hate most about VAC is that their ban waves are inconsistent. I have no idea about untrusted though, just checked CS:GO again and there is nothing.
Quote Originally Posted by GW$Twyhj56u8567uh View Post
Took me a week to get the untrusted ban.
And you also had Extreme Injector running in the background, not hooking it into any process? It would suck if I get banned for such a petty reason.
Quote Originally Posted by GroxIan_Fudschi View Post
And you also had Extreme Injector running in the background, not hooking it into any process? It would suck if I get banned for such a petty reason.
Yup, just had it open.
Posts 1–15 of 26 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?