[TUT]How to make a Task Manager

Posts 1–15 of 33 · Page 1 of 3
[TUT]How to make a Task Manager
First add A status strip, then add a Toolstripstatuslabel1 and for its text put "processes: 0"
Then add a list view. Under the listview properties go to view then select details.
Then under listview properties go to Gridlines and select true
Now go to columns and add 5 columns they should look like this in this order

After thats done double click the form and put:
Code:
Dim Process As New Process()
Dim Count As Integer = 0
ListView1.Items.Clear()
For Each Process In Process.GetProcesses(My.Computer.Name)
On Error Resume Next
ListView1.Items.Add(Process.ProcessName)
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(FormatNumber(Math.Round(Process.PrivateMemorySize64 / 1024), 0))
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Process.Responding)
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Process.StartTime.ToString.Trim)
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Process.Id)
Count += 1
Next
ToolStripStatusLabel1.Text = "Processes: " & ListView1.Items.Count
After that is done add in a button. Double click the button and put:
Code:
For Each Process As ListViewItem In ListView1.SelectedItems
System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessById(Process.SubItems(4).Text).Kill()
Next
Form1_Load(Nothing, Nothing)
^make the button text "Kill Process"^
Now add a timer and under the timer put:
Code:
Form1_Load(Nothing, Nothing)
Now debug and it should work, if you need more help PM me.
My Final Result(I added some stuff but its still basically the same):

Thanks me if i helped
I'm going to try this now..I was trying to code something like this my self..if it works very sweet.
Quote Originally Posted by CoderNever View Post
I'm going to try this now..I was trying to code something like this my self..if it works very sweet.
thanks, it should work no problem if it doesnt then PM meh and ill help as much as i can
I think there is a flaw in your code

Code:
Form atNumber
Located in...

Code:
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Form atNumber(Math.Round(Process.PrivateMemorySize64 / 1024), 0))ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Process.Responding)
and...

Code:
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Form atNumber(Math.Round(Process.PrivateMemorySize64 / 1024), 0))ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Process.Responding)
is two different lines it should be...

Code:
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Form atNumber(Math.Round(Process.PrivateMemorySize64 / 1024), 0))
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Process.Responding)
Quote Originally Posted by CoderNever View Post
I think there is a flaw in your code

Code:
Form atNumber
Located in...

Code:
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Form atNumber(Math.Round(Process.PrivateMemorySize64 / 1024), 0))ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Process.Responding)
and...

Code:
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Form atNumber(Math.Round(Process.PrivateMemorySize64 / 1024), 0))ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Process.Responding)
is two different lines it should be...

Code:
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Form atNumber(Math.Round(Process.PrivateMemorySize64 / 1024), 0))
ListView1.Items(Count).SubItems.Add(Process.Responding)
yes those were flaws, sometimes when i copy and paste random spaces get added to my code -_- soz about that but i fixed it now
Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707 View Post
yes those were flaws, sometimes when i copy and paste random spaces get added to my code -_- soz about that but i fixed it now
So Im guessing this was leeched?
Quote Originally Posted by Iamazn1 View Post
So Im guessing this was leeched?
no, when i copy and paste from VB random spaces get added to my code sometimes when its really long
Quote Originally Posted by Pixipixel_ View Post
Good job mate.
thank you
I've been looking every where for a task manager like this,
thanks
Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
I've been looking every where for a task manager like this,
thanks
no problem glad to help
is there a way to put in check boxes, and have a button that will kill the "ticked" processes?
THANK YOU
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been looking for things to add in my multitool and THIS IS AWESOME!!! i expect it to be in 1.5 (one tool at a time )
Quote Originally Posted by mnpeep View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been looking for things to add in my multitool and THIS IS AWESOME!!! i expect it to be in 1.5 (one tool at a time )
lol no probelm *cough*thanks?*cough*
Don't be lazy, make it auto refresh.
Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAbbo View Post
Don't be lazy, make it auto refresh.
it is auto refresh in my release in the CA section, but its a really complicated code and i was busy yesterday so i didnt get to post it. Ill post it when i get back from school
Posts 1–15 of 33 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?