How to watch Anime in 60fps (you will never go back)

Posts 1–15 of 57 · Page 1 of 4
How to watch Anime in 60fps (you will never go back)
So recently I watched One Punch Man in 60fps entirely. I remember a while back ago I tried this before but it didn't work, maybe I did something wrong back then, but it's fairly simple.


You'll need MPC-HC (video player, can also use VLC but i cant figure out how) and SVP4 (it can be the free edition). Just do the minimal install, and when you first run SVP4 it'll lag like shit then you can adjust the performance settings. I recommend going to settings and disabling hardware acceleration as this'll heat ur GPU up (I was hitting max gaming temps, 99 degrees).


Download your anime and play it through the MPC-HC player with SVP4 running. It should be 60fps interpolation now. There is also a SVP extension to allow you to make Crunchyroll videos 60fps, so you don't have to download the anime.

Here's a little snippet of how smooth your anime will look.
I know it is good and I don't wanna to try cuz I won't be able to stop xd
I am too lazy to download each episode. I prefer web players
Quote Originally Posted by Zaczero View Post
I know it is good and I don't wanna to try cuz I won't be able to stop xd
I am too lazy to download each episode. I prefer web players
SVP extension for Crunchyroll.

I can't wait to watch DBS in 60fps.
I manually made mines with After Effect but thanks xD
Quote Originally Posted by aku View Post
I manually made mines with After Effect but thanks xD
I wish someone would do this for entire anime series. I'm sure if you torrent/stream 60fps opm 1080p you'd get tons of hits.
Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
I wish someone would do this for entire anime series. I'm sure if you torrent/stream 60fps opm 1080p you'd get tons of hits.
I would like to upload them but my Internet is really slow (about 0.89mbps upload)
Any options for mobile users?

I watch 98% of my anime on mobile.


- - - Updated - - -

Also how do I know it's working?
Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Any options for mobile users?

I watch 98% of my anime on mobile.


- - - Updated - - -

Also how do I know it's working?


I think most mobile devices are 60 hertz now. The difference from regular frame rate and 60fps is pretty visibly noticeable for the most part.


The SVP thing just uses interpolation to render frames between each frame creating a smoother video while increasing the refresh rate to 60.



- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
I think most mobile devices are 60 hertz now. The difference from regular frame rate and 60fps is pretty visibly noticeable for the most part.


The SVP thing just uses interpolation to render frames between each frame creating a smoother video while increasing the refresh rate to 60.
You baka

I meant how do you know SVP is actually doing it's thing. Any indicators, etc?
Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post


You baka

I meant how do you know SVP is actually doing it's thing. Any indicators, etc?
It'll typically show it's logo in the video, but you should be able to tell if it's running or not by how it looks.
As great as that looks I don't think that my GPU will be able to withstand that much heat, I only have a budget PC.
Quote Originally Posted by lahensuck1 View Post
As great as that looks I don't think that my GPU will be able to withstand that much heat, I only have a budget PC.
Disable hardware acceleration.

I was peaking out at 99 degrees, but with ti disabled I stay around 60 degrees.
Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
Disable hardware acceleration.

I was peaking out at 99 degrees, but with ti disabled I stay around 60 degrees.
NVM, I think I got it but I think its playing at 164 FPS... Shit looks like CGI now.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post


NVM, I think I got it but I think its playing at 164 FPS... Shit looks like CGI now.

Oh yeah ity goes up to 120hertz iirc.

From what others have told me, 45 FPS is ideal for most anime because 60fps can make some things too smooth. I never had a 120hertz monitor so idk how smooth that'd look lol. 60fps works good for me for action animes, but I think 45fps is a good balance.

- - - Updated - - -

didnt realize it could go beyond 120hertz.
Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
Oh yeah ity goes up to 120hertz iirc.

From what others have told me, 45 FPS is ideal for most anime because 60fps can make some things too smooth. I never had a 120hertz monitor so idk how smooth that'd look lol. 60fps works good for me for action animes, but I think 45fps is a good balance.

- - - Updated - - -

didnt realize it could go beyond 120hertz.
Yeah 60 FPS is the most you should make it go. Anything higher it just looks fucking weird, literally almost like CGI

My monitor goes up to 165 Hz so that's why I could go that high.
Posts 1–15 of 57 · Page 1 of 4

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?