How to watch Anime in 60fps (you will never go back)

Posts 16–30 of 57 · Page 2 of 4
anything higher than 60fps is better for shooters imo.

fighter games wont benefit much from 60+, and casual games who tf cares beyond 60fps. For animation specifically, I think that 45fps range is pretty good imo. I noticed some awkward looking scenes in older animes with higher fps. So I guess it's better to drop to 45fps for older anime, early 2000s/90s, and 60fps for anything modern unless it looks unappealing.
What the fuck I just tried this with Boku No Hero and it's so smooth...I love you.

Stupid me always thought it was already 60 FPS.
the Nisekoi example looks so weird tho.....or maybe I need to do the changes that Dab said on top?
Quote Originally Posted by Jikurein View Post
the Nisekoi example looks so weird tho.....or maybe I need to do the changes that Dab said on top?
I've tried this with a few different anime and some it doesn't look right.


Older animes tend to not work well with the 60fps interpolation, also you can set the quality settings to be lower/higher which one of the settings adjusts the interpolation which can cause it to look a little too smooth (too much interpolation).


Really I only watched One Punch Man all the way through with this, and DBS looked really good in 60fps, same with Black Clover. However if you tried this with some old anime like Cowboy bebop you'd ruin the experience and it'd probably turn you off. So after using this stuff for a while, I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to watch every anime like this, some animes are better in lower framerates.
Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
I've tried this with a few different anime and some it doesn't look right.


Older animes tend to not work well with the 60fps interpolation, also you can set the quality settings to be lower/higher which one of the settings adjusts the interpolation which can cause it to look a little too smooth (too much interpolation).


Really I only watched One Punch Man all the way through with this, and DBS looked really good in 60fps, same with Black Clover. However if you tried this with some old anime like Cowboy bebop you'd ruin the experience and it'd probably turn you off. So after using this stuff for a while, I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to watch every anime like this, some animes are better in lower framerates.
good to know....I'll look for an anime to test this on! ty again!
144 fps is the way to go
sorry dude i watch anime in 133 fps anytime
Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
So recently I watched One Punch Man in 60fps entirely. I remember a while back ago I tried this before but it didn't work, maybe I did something wrong back then, but it's fairly simple.


You'll need MPC-HC (video player, can also use VLC but i cant figure out how) and SVP4 (it can be the free edition). Just do the minimal install, and when you first run SVP4 it'll lag like shit then you can adjust the performance settings. I recommend going to settings and disabling hardware acceleration as this'll heat ur GPU up (I was hitting max gaming temps, 99 degrees).


Download your anime and play it through the MPC-HC player with SVP4 running. It should be 60fps interpolation now. There is also a SVP extension to allow you to make Crunchyroll videos 60fps, so you don't have to download the anime.

Here's a little snippet of how smooth your anime will look.
Oh damn, never knew this type of thing exist. Is it possible to watch this on 120 fps lel.
Can you explain how to disable the hardware acceleration?
Doesn't 60 fps look really sped up for videos that are rendered in less fps?
Quote Originally Posted by shubon View Post
Doesn't 60 fps look really sped up for videos that are rendered in less fps?
nope.
it generates the missing frames by 2 adjacent frames and makes a smooth transition
Oh my goodness, why didn’t I ever think of watching it in 60fps?? Time to rewatch everything in 60fps!!
Thanks for the tip. Will try it out.
hi, thank you for sharing.. i will check this out later and will watch it all night long
Posts 16–30 of 57 · Page 2 of 4

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?