ArrowHealth

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Health
So I am in college... for those of you who don't know... gyms are free of charge with the price of your tuition. Last semester I was set on going to the gym every two days but then one day I was so sore to the point where I could no longer bend my arms properly. I remember the last thing I did was 20 pull ups then I tried to do push ups but I couldn't pick myself up. For the following week I just couldn't do any lifting... EVEN FOR A BOX OF CEREAL! So I haven't been to the gym for like the last 4 months. I ordered a fitbit so that every time I look at my wrist, I'll be motivated to exercise again... Hopefully this works for me.

Also, is it an issue for me to drink coffee every morning? (If it's not coffee, then its an energy drink).
Stay away from coffee and energy drinks.Those are trouble.
umm wat? you couldn't lift a box of cereal?
Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
umm wat? you couldn't lift a box of cereal?
it was kind of an exaggeration but it was also kind of true. I couldn't properly keep my arms straight so when I reached out for the box it stressed my muscles so when I pulled my arm back down, the box would fall. Then same thing trying to pick it back up... I don't want this to happen again but I want to stay fit
go take some scans maybe you have muscle tiers
Increase your protein intake and rest more often
The reason you were so sore was because it was probably your first time working out in a long time. Hypertrophy tends to shock your body when you do it after long periods of no strenuous activity for muscle building. Consistency is the key, your body will adapt to the soreness and you won't feel as sore as you did the week before. DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness fully sets in 48 hours after your workout and can take you a couple days to fully heal up) eventually becomes less debilitating and more expected.
Quote Originally Posted by Sydney-Life2009 View Post
The reason you were so sore was because it was probably your first time working out in a long time. Hypertrophy tends to shock your body when you do it after long periods of no strenuous activity for muscle building. Consistency is the key, your body will adapt to the soreness and you won't feel as sore as you did the week before. DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness fully sets in 48 hours after your workout and can take you a couple days to fully heal up) eventually becomes less debilitating and more expected.
except deadlift, that shit always hurts
ya you can have coffee but without milk...
Rest, rest, rest, can't stress it enough.
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?