NR-CORE Set-Up (with DungeonGen)

Posts 1–15 of 50 · Page 1 of 4
NR-CORE Set-Up (with DungeonGen)
nilly shot down nr website, since there wasn't really a way to get resources again, except if someone gave it to you, I made this. And btw they added DungeonGen.

First off, requirements:
-NR-CORE downloaded.
-NR-27.7.X13 downloaded.
-Visual Studio for server editing.
-IntelliJ IDEA (any version after 2016) for client editing.
-Redis for windows (search on Google "redis for windows ServiceStack", go to the first page and select "downloads" then download the correct version for you).
-Redis Desktop Manager for database management (recommended).
-Notepad ++ for future file editing (recommended).
-Download flex sdk 4.9.1.
-Download resources (attached file).
-Download RotMG-Dungeon-Generator
-Good use of common sense.

After you have everything in the list above, you will follow these steps:
 
Server Installation

  1. Open the server project located in the NR-CORE folder, the file is called server.sln.
  2. Replace the downloaded folder RotMG-Dungeon-Generator into NR-CORE folder, if it asks to replace, you click continue or yes.
  3. Right-Click on RotMG Dungeon Gen projetc, and click Reload Project.
  4. In the server project, go to:
  5. To finish, you will put the downloaded resources folder into bin folder(where wServer.exe and server.exe are).

Now, the server source is set up to localhost, that means only you will be able to play, if you want to change the ip so your friends can play, you need to configure the server in these 2 files: wServer.json and server.json. Like this:
In wServer.json you can configure game as you want, basic configurations like max amount of players connected at the same time, tps (ticks per second) and version, also the ip in server.json and wServer.json has to be the same if you will host it on your computer or on only one VPS.
To finish, we open Redis Desktop Manager and click "Connect to Redis Server" at the top left corner, we type the name of the connection (default is 0) and then we click "Ok". Note: it won't load anything yet, it will when you open server.exe and wServer.exe for the first time.

 
Client Installation

Now, we will start with client installation:
  1. Open the client project with IntelliJ IDEA.
  2. Go to File->Project Structure and click "New" button: and select Flex/AIR SDK.
  3. Select the location where you left the folder of the flex sdk version, and select the folder that contains flex sdk 4.9.1 and click OK.
  4. After you done that, select the flex version:
  5. Now go to Modules, click On NR-27.7.X13, then click "Change..." and then un-check Pure ActionScript
  6. Next, go to Dependencies (still in Modules.NR-27.7.X13), and select the flex version like you did in Project Structure(no need to click "New" again though, just select version of flex sdk).

Now, you can rebuild client
.(it will be located at a folder called "bin-debug", and the name of the client will be "WebMain.swf")


To open the server, first open redis-server.exe, go to NR-CORE folder, then go to bin folder, and open server.exe and wServer.exe as Admin. And have fun playing alone lol.

 
Extra

To make yourself Admin:
Open Redis Desktop Manager, go to db0, and then to account.1, Now search for row called "admin", once you find it, double-click it to change its value to 1, then click save. Now click on Add row button and you will complete the box like this:

Now you will be the most powerful being on your server, being able to do every single command, which by the way are located at wServer.realm.commands.RankedCommands.cs


If you got any errors while setting up, just reply this thread explaining the error and what you did before it happened.
RotMG-Dungeon-Generator_mpgh.net.rar147 KB · 798 downloads Clean
resources_mpgh.net.rar11.5 MB · 1,001 downloads Clean
...darn... not approved yet
Quote Originally Posted by SBisEPIC View Post
...darn... not approved yet
try now
Do you have a ******* acc?
approved !
I can never seem to get IntelliJ to just do it's job. I have 3 errors, here they are in the order they appear from the output panel:

Error:[WebMain (module NR-27.7.X13)]: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out

Error:[WebMain (module NR-27.7.X13)]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: flex2/tools/VersionInfo


Error:[WebMain (module NR-27.7.X13)]: at com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler.<clinit>(F lexCompiler.java:19)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: flex2.tools.VersionInfo
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:4 24)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:331)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 57)
... 1 more
Exception in thread "main"

I assumed this meant I was using the wrong SDK, but I'm starting to think it's a file missing from the project, which I need in order to compile.


EDIT: I looked at the words closer and it seems like I don't have the updated Java files? I don't understand, I just got Java today for another editing application.
Quote Originally Posted by The Real DethStrike View Post
I can never seem to get IntelliJ to just do it's job. I have 3 errors, here they are in the order they appear from the output panel:

Error:[WebMain (module NR-27.7.X13)]: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out

Error:[WebMain (module NR-27.7.X13)]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: flex2/tools/VersionInfo


Error:[WebMain (module NR-27.7.X13)]: at com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler.<clinit>(F lexCompiler.java:19)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: flex2.tools.VersionInfo
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:4 24)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:331)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 57)
... 1 more
Exception in thread "main"

I assumed this meant I was using the wrong SDK, but I'm starting to think it's a file missing from the project, which I need in order to compile.


EDIT: I looked at the words closer and it seems like I don't have the updated Java files? I don't understand, I just got Java today for another editing application.
weird, I had the same error yesterday, and now I don't.
Try re-opening the project
Quote Originally Posted by Zolmex View Post
weird, I had the same error yesterday, and now I don't.
Try re-opening the project
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried reopening it in various different ways many times. I'm now trying different SDK, I got a 4.9.1 to work with just one error:

Error:[WebMain (module NR-27.7.X13)]: Invalid version specified, ''

but I have no clue what that is either. I guess I'll just have no luck with this client for now.
Quote Originally Posted by The Real DethStrike View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried reopening it in various different ways many times. I'm now trying different SDK, I got a 4.9.1 to work with just one error:

Error:[WebMain (module NR-27.7.X13)]: Invalid version specified, ''

but I have no clue what that is either. I guess I'll just have no luck with this client for now.
i have the same problem
Quote Originally Posted by Daemonmann View Post


i have the same problem
I hit up a friend who gave me the correct SDK version, and insisted I try a new client. As it turns out, the client that came with Riigged's NRCore does not work for me. /shrug/ I got it first try when I downloaded another one.
I can't seem to find server.sln in the NR-27.7.X13 folder. Any help please?
Quote Originally Posted by SBisEPIC View Post
I can't seem to find server.sln in the NR-27.7.X13 folder. Any help please?
You look for server project file in the client source. Which dumbass teach you how to make this? If you this dumb dont make server, just for money.
Quote Originally Posted by SBisEPIC View Post
I can't seem to find server.sln in the NR-27.7.X13 folder. Any help please?
in the tutorial it cleary says "NR-CORE folder"...
so my NR-27.7.X13-master\bin-debug folder dosnt have the WebMain.swf instead there is a MapLoadingScreen.swf which dosnt load anything. i was able to find a .swf file with in one of the folders and play but when i joined the realm the enemy's don't move at all! does anyone have any clue on why this is?
Quote Originally Posted by BEEZYKILLERSKI View Post
so my NR-27.7.X13-master\bin-debug folder dosnt have the WebMain.swf instead there is a MapLoadingScreen.swf which dosnt load anything. i was able to find a .swf file with in one of the folders and play but when i joined the realm the enemy's don't move at all! does anyone have any clue on why this is?
thats because source comes with no behaviors at all
Posts 1–15 of 50 · Page 1 of 4

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us