ROTMG Source Code?

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
ROTMG Source Code?
Hey, I'm looking to create my own client (for personal use). Most of the clients released are pretty cluttered with features, most of which I don't use. So I'd like to make myself a cleaner simpler one if at all possible.

I'm not sure how I'm able to get the source code, assets, etc. all together though to actually set-up a project and build it with intellij, like I can with crazyclients source code...

Thanks for your help,
- OFA
Quote Originally Posted by One For All View Post
Hey, I'm looking to create my own client (for personal use). Most of the clients released are pretty cluttered with features, most of which I don't use. So I'd like to make myself a cleaner simpler one if at all possible.

I'm not sure how I'm able to get the source code, assets, etc. all together though to actually set-up a project and build it with intellij, like I can with crazyclients source code...

Thanks for your help,
- OFA
Why not just look for existing tutorials in the section you are posting?

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1362998

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1203392

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=785817

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1238497
Quote Originally Posted by DevilRotMG View Post
-snip-
I have read all of those already.
I did not realize Gravitir had a vanilla client already, I can update from there.
I'm guessing decompiling vanilla as3 files, then extracting assets is probably the way to go here.

Thanks.
Quote Originally Posted by One For All View Post
I have read all of those already.
I did not realize Gravitir had a vanilla client already, I can update from there.
I'm guessing decompiling vanilla as3 files, then extracting assets is probably the way to go here.

Thanks.
You can open in AS3 Sorcerer and drag files to desktop, should work.
Quote Originally Posted by DevilRotMG View Post
You can open in AS3 Sorcerer and drag files to desktop, should work.
So, I got the as3 files extracted with AS3 Sorcerer and the assets with Trillix, that was simple enough.
Added all that into an IntelliJ project and attempted to compile the source (with assets and all), no dice.

~54 Errors pertaining to a lot of bad variables and imports (like _AS3_ imports and BitMap, etc.)
I suppose lib paths are incorrect?
Quote Originally Posted by One For All View Post
So, I got the as3 files extracted with AS3 Sorcerer and the assets with Trillix, that was simple enough.
Added all that into an IntelliJ project and attempted to compile the source (with assets and all), no dice.

~54 Errors pertaining to a lot of bad variables and imports (like _AS3_ imports and BitMap, etc.)
I suppose lib paths are incorrect?
Have you unticked pure actionscript?

Also, probably missing files that you trying to import.
Quote Originally Posted by DevilRotMG View Post
Have you unticked pure actionscript?

Also, probably missing files that you trying to import.
Definitely missing files I'm trying to import, as decompilers don't also decompile libraries.
I'll try unticking pure actionscript and see if that does anything for it.
/Gravitir314/CrazyClient
/Perturb/AS3-RotMG
^ github endpoints for projects that should compile
also look for crazy jani's post with the old cc src it has the libs
Quote Originally Posted by ArkMods View Post
/Gravitir314/CrazyClient
/Perturb/AS3-RotMG
^ github endpoints for projects that should compile
also look for crazy jani's post with the old cc src it has the libs
I was attempting to make my own X27.0.2 vanilla client and then modify how I see fit.
Was able to get all of the errors out of the way, and compile successfully, assets wouldn't load though, which is a shame.
Thanks though, I can go from Perturb's vanilla client, see what I did wrong.
Quote Originally Posted by One For All View Post
I was attempting to make my own X27.0.2 vanilla client and then modify how I see fit.
Was able to get all of the errors out of the way, and compile successfully, assets wouldn't load though, which is a shame.
Thanks though, I can go from Perturb's vanilla client, see what I did wrong.
Careful of the client... Thats all I will say.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, @Luverdark @Nyaro should be in help section, not tutorial section.
Quote Originally Posted by DevilRotMG View Post
Careful of the client... Thats all I will say.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, @Luverdark @Nyaro should be in help section, not tutorial section.
my bad. //moved
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us