How do you handle being told no, being disagreed with or someone being rude to you

Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
How do you handle being told no, being disagreed with or someone being rude to you
Yesterday I was with my mother buying pizza. We were waiting for about 20 minutes and our pizza wasn't done (usually takes 5 mins). I went up the the counter and asked, when our pizza will be done. I got the reply "when it's done my man". Sort of a rude reply but I basically shyed away. When others asked, they almost got their pizza immediately (I don't know how long they waited, but still)

Got me thinking about all the times people say no to me, disagree with me or are rude to me, I sort of shy away. What's the best way to handle these three situations
  • Being told no/being rejected (not by a girl, just in general)
  • Being disagreed with
  • Someone being rude to you


Basically social situations where you are told things you don't want to hear or aren't in agreement with you.

Example of being told no:
Do you have <insert product> here at a store and instead of getting a reply like, "sorry we don't", you get a reply like "no". I feel awkward when I just get a "no" answer.

Example of disagreement:
In an assignment group (group of people you don't really know), you discuss something that you want to put into the end report but they disagree with what you want to put into the report.

Example of being rude:
Pizza example above

Even when my girlfriend's sisters make fun of me. They aren't being mean, just playful, I don't really know them well enough but I don't know how to react to that. I just smile and stay quiet.

Tryna ease myself out of being a Beta and become more stern and have a voice/say in things instead of being quiet.
In general I'm someone who is nice to everyone else, and expect people to treat me the same way. But if someone wants to get to the rude route with me, I'll fuck his brains out.
Especially if I'm paying for a Pizza.
Quote Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
In general I'm someone who is nice to everyone else, and expect people to treat me the same way. But if someone wants to get to the rude route with me, I'll fuck his brains out.
Especially if I'm paying for a Pizza.
In public, where there are probably 20+ people around you. How would you react?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
leave honest reviews online, include staff names if poss

hard to answer without more examples, but in this one surely you see it being done and when it goes in the oven? If you haven't paid yet (usually don't pay till the food is done at takeaways) I'd walk out and tell them it took too long.
Unfortunately I paid for it already. Reviews are to solve the future for next time, but in that moment, what do you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Did you ever get the pizza
Yes I did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxey View Post
if you got answer like that - just leave and later review them with 1 star, problem solved.
Reviews are what you would do later, but in that moment, what do you do. You want to solve your issue right now, not for next time you come in
Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
  • Being told no/being rejected (not by a girl, just in general)
  • Being disagreed with
  • Someone being rude to you

You should remove being told no and being disagreed with because these are normal things but being rude applies to everything

i was going to write something more but i tabbed out and forgot
leave honest reviews online, include staff names if poss

hard to answer without more examples, but in this one surely you see it being done and when it goes in the oven? If you haven't paid yet (usually don't pay till the food is done at takeaways) I'd walk out and tell them it took too long.
Did you ever get the pizza
if you got answer like that - just leave and later review them with 1 star, problem solved.
Quote Originally Posted by Noxey View Post
if you got answer like that - just leave and later review them with 1 star, problem solved.
You gotta make sure to get the employee's name too
Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
Example of being told no:
Do you have <insert product> here at a store and instead of getting a reply like, "sorry we don't", you get a reply like "no". I feel awkward when I just get a "no" answer.
My reply: Whoops, ok, thanks you!

Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
Example of disagreement:
In an assignment group (group of people you don't really know), you discuss something that you want to put into the end report but they disagree with what you want to put into the report.
My reply: How can we improve the report then? It seems something's missing.
it happens everytime, I have a lot of projects in uni lol

Their reply isn't an personal attack or something like that, it's what you've asked, some people may have a rude tone but there's nothing you can do. I bet everyone of us at some point had replied/answered in a bad tone.
Should've asked for clarification if you thought he was being rude.

You shouldn't let things eat at you, let it go. I say that and I'm annoyed by experiences at certain places and never revisit. You should have spoke to a manager if it bothered you, next time you deal with a dickhead ask to speak to a manager.
Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
You should have spoke to a manager if it bothered you, next time you deal with a dickhead ask to speak to a manager.
Lol I hate being confrontational at restaurants/in public because I feel like I'm being a Karen.
Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post


Lol I hate being confrontational at restaurants/in public because I feel like I'm being a Karen.
YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN HR. ASCEND TO YOUR RIGHTFUL THRONE OF BEING A KAREN. THE ALL MIGHTY GRACEFUL KAREN.

OP, I like being the yes man in real life so idk (in many, but not all, situations)
nibba just do what comes to you wtf
Don't let it affect you. If you let someone's shitty attitude or rejection throw you off balance in daily life, generally hard things will seem like mountains to overcome.
IDGAF attitude.

pizza dude: "when it's ready my dude".

me: *nods my head*

*walks away and waits for pizza ..... gets pizza*

*Nod* and walk the fuck out and give ZERO fucks. WHY? Because I got more important shit to do, fuck this nigga working in a pizza shop. Stop taking things personally, people will have bad attitudes. Build your mindset. Let that anxiety of rejection and people go. Expose yourself to it. Build calluses around your brain if you want to block out the bullshit and get shit done.


I'll never get in a verbal confrontation irl, unless it goes to extremes. I'd rather let my hands do the talking if some idiot is dumb enough to fight over an argument.
It's all about your mindset. Have low expectations when it comes to other people. If you have high expectations, you're gonna be disappointed a lot if you receive a no. Understand that some things you can't change or is out of your power. That's okay. Some things you just can't change. It's all about how you handle things. Sometimes you just gotta ride the wind, get upset when it comes to things that ARE in your control. But things that aren't? There's no point in getting upset. It's not on you, so why let it affect you? Learn to walk away.
Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?