[Help] Choob needs some help...

Posts 1–15 of 21 · Page 1 of 2
[Help] Choob needs some help...
I was taught some c and c++ in school, and thankfully i listened a bit , now i know some basic programming! The problem is, i used TurboC++ to write the code and compile it, now for some strange reason, it just wont start So im looking for an alternate compiler that would be very similar to turboc++.. Suggestions are welcome, and a pm with link is even more welcome
Look up codeblocks or dev-c++ maybe? I think they are easy to use, how similar they are to turboc++ on the other hand I dunno. Just google and you will find link.
if you whant some thing more proish get visual studio
Im with ctpsolo. VS makes lil nubs go cry under their bed. ;(

... Haha am I right? Oh only me? well nvm. >_>
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Im with ctpsolo. VS makes lil nubs go cry under their bed. ;(

... Haha am I right? Oh only me? well nvm. >_>
I think you're right
Seriously, VS only pissed me off. I don't see why I should use it since codeblocks offers me everything I need code-wise. Maybe I had bad luck but I just encountered lots of errors and problems with it.
Main reason to use VC++ for gamehacking is because most games provide MSVC++ projects as SDK's.

I'm currently working making hacks for KumaWar(Source Engine <3), using the HL2 SDK(MSVC++ 2003 and 2005 project files)
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
Main reason to use VC++ for gamehacking is because most games provide MSVC++ projects as SDK's.

I'm currently working making hacks for KumaWar(Source Engine <3), using the HL2 SDK(MSVC++ 2003 and 2005 project files)
KumaWar? I played that game before. It twas my 1st FPS ;P but I didn't think it used source engine, I've never seen their games on steam.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
KumaWar? I played that game before. It twas my 1st FPS ;P but I didn't think it used source engine, I've never seen their games on steam.
It runs on the source engine, not on steam tho
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
It runs on the source engine, not on steam tho
Why do you always hack my favourite engines?

/ontopic:

If you're starting out, use Dev C++, because MSVC++ makes me cry under my bed.

The errors are pants-on-head retarded, and sometimes it's just plain confusing.

So yeah stick to the simple compiler: Dev C++.
why do people hate VS so much?
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
why do people hate VS so much?
I personally don't hate it, but I dislike it because it gives stupid-ass errors, and when I started on C++ it seemed sorta confusing, whereas Dev C++ was very simple to use, and had no stupid errors.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
why do people hate VS so much?
I used to hate it, but now I don't because I know what I'm doing and can fix most of my errors on my own, but when your trying to learn C++ and this IDE is throwing you error that require a bachelor degree in comp sci to understand and ur just starting out in C++ it can distract newbies from actually learning the language.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
why do people hate VS so much?
I wonder the same. It seems the most straight forward to me.
i luuuuuve visual studio becouse it looks so much more planed than dev-c++ or the others
Well, it depents, what you gonna make.
Posts 1–15 of 21 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?