Best program for pixel art?

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Best program for pixel art?
I already use paint for my bs pixel fun.. but I'm starting to really improve and I was wondering if there was a program the pros use.

Its definitely not photoshop.

Example: (made in ps in like 3min)

Ewwww isometric figures. paint.net.
photoshop .
Quote Originally Posted by Hyak View Post
photoshop .
Photoshop makes the lines all fucked up when they're not at exact degrees.
+That little example was 26 layers.
I don't know if this will help. This guy uses Photoshop for it and he seems to do pretty well.

Derek Yu
Quote Originally Posted by Nicckk View Post
I don't know if this will help. This guy uses Photoshop for it and he seems to do pretty well.

Derek Yu
I'm trying to avoid those "jaggies" as much as possible.
Right now I'm focusing on simple but fun perspective and after some practice with that I'll move onto sprites and people.
Thanks for that link. [=
Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Its prob because of anti alasing. That smooths the lines so you won't get the crisp pixel art look.

Heres a good tut i guess: Learn How to Draw Hand-crafted Pixel Art in Photoshop | Psdtuts+

And for a program: Animation Graphic Editor - GraphicsGale

I still think though that CS4 with pixel grid would be the best.
That program is literal win.


Done in his in about the same time it took me to make the shitty ps one.
Yes, I know the perspective is fucked up.
Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post


That program is literal win.


Done in his in about the same time it took me to make the shitty ps one.
Yes, I know the perspective is fucked up.
wuts that O__o
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?