Alright...

Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
Alright...
So I decided that I would learn how to code...

Why?? It looks very difficult and I love challenges.

So what kind of coding??

c++

First things first though...

Any experienced c++ coders have a suggestion as to which compiler and/or program I should use to start out with??
Dev C++ is a good IDE to get you started.

C++ Tutorial

I think that's a good tutorial on the C++ basics. I always enjoy seeing people wanting to start programming. If you have any questions feel welcome to post them, if you're seriously willing to start learning, no one is going to flame you. On the other hand, if you copy and paste, don't expect much..

Good luck.
Well for some Reason people says that Visual Studio is hard to use, etc etc... (well i started with VS and had no problems so...) anyway, i bet that almost everyone will advice you Dev C++.. so I guess you should start with it.

edit: oh david just posted secs before me... but i like i said...he said Dev C++ ^^
Yes. Visual C++ 2010 get it off Microsoft or if u wanna learn csharp then get the c# edition
Tutorials are available everywhere and here
Just ask appropriate questions and we will give you positive feedback
gd luck and enjoy learning c++

ps. some ppl here u may want to seek advice from
Hell_Demon, Davidm44, why06(sectionadmin), crushed, ilovecookes, Jetamay, Brinuz plus a few others I forgot

HAY I WAS SUPPOSE TO BE FIRST >:O
Thanks for all the advice

I'll be sure to ask anything I need help with!

Maybe in the future I'll be coding hacks for mpgh
Quote Originally Posted by KABLE View Post
So I decided that I would learn how to code...

Why?? It looks very difficult and I love challenges.
Well I hope you keep that attitude. As long as you do I would love to help you out. Welcome to the section.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Well I hope you keep that attitude. As long as you do I would love to help you out. Welcome to the section.
Thanks

Oh... btw... they were recommending Dev c++

I googled that and I came up with recommendations for Bloodshed Software and Code::Blocks...

Whats your view?
Bloodshed Dev-C++ ... of course

... thats what I used so a bit of favoritism ;P
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
Bloodshed Dev-C++ ... of course

... thats what I used so a bit of favoritism ;P
lol

a little favoritism never hurt anybody ^_^

one thing though... Bloodshed hasn't been updated since 2005... will that affect anything??
uhm just use VC++ so you don't have to worry about directs support coz apparently devc and a few others have some compatibility probs with the DX libraries
Quote Originally Posted by falzarex View Post
uhm just use VC++ so you don't have to worry about directs support coz apparently devc and a few others have some compatibility probs with the DX libraries
Then should I uninstall devcpp?

Uhm no coz it's always better to have multiple compilers in case one doesn't compile properly u can always switch to the other
of course I'm a vc user so i'm more familiar with the layouts an stuff
anyway your choice
Quote Originally Posted by falzarex View Post
Uhm no coz it's always better to have multiple compilers in case one doesn't compile properly u can always switch to the other
of course I'm a vc user so i'm more familiar with the layouts an stuff
anyway your choice
It said not to install over any other programs

If u wanna uninstall it suit urself
Quote Originally Posted by falzarex View Post
If u wanna uninstall it suit urself
I'll try out the one I have installed right now...

If it doesn't work out, I'll dl it from microsoft.
Posts 1–15 of 25 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us