PostUltimate Guide to reducing Lag in 10 Steps.

PollDid this guide increase any performance?
Yes it has, tremendously!38% · 5
A bit, I notice a small change.15% · 2
Nope, nothing has changed at all.23% · 3
No, it made my computer slow down actually.23% · 3
13 votes · poll closed
Posts 1–15 of 188 · Page 1 of 13
Ultimate Guide to reducing Lag in 10 Steps.
Warning:
I'm not liable for anything, hard for you to fuck up if you pay full attention or your computer is shitty enough.

Prepatory Actions:
Most importantly, you'll need to create a system restore point.
Learn how to, by clicking the links below:

WindowsXP
WindowsVista
Windows7

Disable all programs you're not using + programs that take up quite a lot of memory + ram + etc;.
Windows Live Messenger- // iTunes- //Other Web Browser Windows- // The Downloads listed below-
If you have GameBooster, remember to put it back into normal mode.
Advance System Care Boost Mode off



Step 1) Downloads:
Download each of the following programs:
CCleaner
Game Booster
Advance System Care Pro
Your Uninstaller

Step 2) Installations+Full Versions
Advance System Care Pro
[/B]
WARNING: Disconnect your internet when entering serial code or it won't work!
Code:
Name: commentsthetruth
7485-7485-R987-3STE
Code:
Name: commentsthetruth
7485-7485-ZREX-UU0E
Code:
Name: commentsthetruth
7485-7485-ZQTV-5WPR

Code:
Account:Punkcracks
Serial:BC18-BC18-C76E-D2C9
Code:
Account:bob
Serial:9F9D-9F9D-ZKCZ-SRMH
Code:
Account:giveawayyzjbjw
Serial:746F-746F-F0FF-2227

Your Uninstaller!
Help > Enter Code...
Code:
Name: John Kennedy
Serial:000017-6YFWWR-1U7TDC-KQN0CN-R9FU5W-W7HR XW-ZK3HCE-YX8TWZ-EJQ9CW-8UVFWB




Step 3) Add & Remove Programs
-Open Your Uninstaller!
-Locate the program you want to delete / won't use EVER again, or won't EVER need.
-Right Click > Uninstall > Super Mode > Next, okay, okay, okay
-When you're finished, close the program



Step 4) Startup Manager
Start>Run (or Windows Key + R)
Type in:
Code:
msconfig
Click on Startup, then only check the items that you need
Like AntiViruses, anything else (I'm not liable for computer problems, I'm just here to help)





Step 5) Manual Delete
Type in:
Code:
temp
Code:
%temp%
Code:
cookies
Note: Not all of those "Run" codes work for other OS's, they're
mainly for Windows XP, so don't worry if you can't get to them in Windows Vista or Windows 7
Delete all of the items inside of these folders that you can, if any of them are undeleteable, leave them alone.


Step 6) Increasing Computer Speed
Start>Right Click "My Computer">Properties>Advance>Performance:Settings
Fill in Adjust for best performance but don't click Ok, or Apply yet.

Scroll down to the last 3 boxes and check them, then hit apply and go to the Advance Tab.

Now you'll change your ram, i highly recommend you get a calculator
so go to start > Run > calc
You're going to type the number of ram you have under Maxmium size
type your maxmium size
the / sign (divide)
then 90% ( no need for pressing = or enter)
round that number down to the nearest 100
I got:
3048 / 90% = 2743.2
I rounded that to 2700



Step 7) De-fragmentation
Start>My Computer>Right Click Local Disk ( C: )>Properties>Tools
Click Analyze then
Defragment Now...
Wait for the Analysis to finish, once it does, and you need to Defrag your drive, do so.


Step 8a) CCleaner
Open CCleaner, and under Cleaner>Windows you'd need to check EVERY BOX besides Wipe Free Space
Click Analyze, then when you post on this thread, take a screenshot of that analysis,
(upload to PicDrop.net, and provide [IMG] code in post)

Click Run Cleaner
Click on Registry and click Scan For Issues, then Fix selected Issues...
Backup or not, I usually choose not to. then remove all of that.
Step 8b) Advance System Care Pro
Open Advance System Care Pro and hit the Care! button

Once that's done, click on the bottom icon in Advance System Care Pro, and click on:
Disk Cleaner, then hit next, and follow the prompt
Step 8c) GameBooster
Open GameBooster, and under the Game Defrag tab, you'd want to click on EACH program and defrag them all.




Step 9a) Before Combat Arms
Step 9b)Open GameBooster, and then click Switch To Gaming Mode. Choose all you need, and then hit Close Them


Step 9c)Open your Task Manager, and disable processes other than your AntiVirus, also be careful not to disable important Windows Processes.
Step 9d)Open Combat Arms, and your hacks if you use (I don't use hacks so whatever)

Step 10a) Combat Arms Lag decrease
Before you hit GAME START
Open the Task Manager once more, and when you find "explorer.exe" disable it and change Engine.exe to AboveNormal priority
When you want to restore explorer.exe, follow these steps:
--Hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete
--Click File:
--New Task (Run...)
--Type in: explorer.exe
--Click ok, and things'll be back to normal
Step 10b)When in game, change the Combat Arms settings to 16Bit, Low Settings, 0x Anti Aliasing
Step 10c)Finally! Delete all your friends you don't need in your Nexon messenger/ friends list in Combat Arms, not AIM/Digsby/MSN/Yahoo

Let me know if you've reduced A LARGE AMOUNT of lag in your Computer, and in Combat Arms


8/8/2012

Wow it's been a long time since I ever touched this thread, the things I mentioned could be slowing down PC's now because the software I mentioned has since then been updated and probably changed

Best thing to do is to format your PC and start fresh, uninstall everything you don't need, install the few things necessary
Change Visual effects to:

and modify the ram.

I do this every few months as my little non-gaming capable netbook gets slow.
Alright, can you explain that to me in 3 sentences on msn please?
LOL, but nice guide (:
Quote Originally Posted by Shocking View Post
Alright, can you explain that to me in 3 sentences on msn please?
LOL, but nice guide (:
What the fuck?
i was on MSN 5 minutes ago
I got offline because I am gonna eat soon.
I'll be on later Anna -__-
You weren't online when i was-
Well i fell asleep for like 3 hours, during the day too =="
Lame, well have fun eating.
Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
Step 9c)Open your Task Manager, and disable processes like your AntiVirus and other shit, be careful not to disable important Windows Processes.

Step 10a) Combat Arms Lag decrease
Before you hit GAME START
Open the Task Manager once more, and when you find "explorer.exe" disable it and change Engine.exe to AboveNormal priority
Step 10b)When in game, change the Combat Arms settings to 16Bit, Low Settings, 0x Anti Aliasing
Step 10c)Finally! Delete all your friends you don't need in your messenger (Keep your friends list under 50 people)
I bolded/underlined the main things that concerned me:
1) Why would you tell somebody to disable their antivirus? If the program is running correctly and in the backround, it should not take up much system memory and would only cause them harm in the long run because by disabling it before playing Combat Arms, the person may forget to enable it later, leaving them open to virus attacks later on.

2) Disable exporer.exe... REALLY? Come on man, it's not like Combat Arms is all people play all day and night (well, normal people that is). If choobs alt+tab out of the game to take a break and panic after not being able to reach their start menu, I have a feeling they're going to come back quite enraged.

3) Delete your buddies from your messenger... there's no point in doing that. Sure you save a couple of bytes worth of data from your computer, but it's a couple of BYTES AND BITS. After deleting essentially thousands if not millions of bytes from your computer in the add or remove program menu, I doubt that saving a couple more will make a huge difference, if any difference at all.
Quote Originally Posted by 0terminater0 View Post
I bolded/underlined the main things that concerned me:
1) Why would you tell somebody to disable their antivirus? If the program is running correctly and in the backround, it should not take up much system memory and would only cause them harm in the long run because by disabling it before playing Combat Arms, the person may forget to enable it later, leaving them open to virus attacks later on.

2) Disable exporer.exe... REALLY? Come on man, it's not like Combat Arms is all people play all day and night (well, normal people that is). If choobs alt+tab out of the game to take a break and panic after not being able to reach their start menu, I have a feeling they're going to come back quite enraged.

3) Delete your buddies from your messenger... there's no point in doing that. Sure you save a couple of bytes worth of data from your computer, but it's a couple of BYTES AND BITS. After deleting essentially thousands if not millions of bytes from your computer in the add or remove program menu, I doubt that saving a couple more will make a huge difference, if any difference at all.
Here's a fix, look back into the guide as well:

Step 9c)Open your Task Manager, and disable processes other than your AntiVirus, also be careful not to disable important Windows Processes.

Step 10a) Combat Arms Lag decrease
Before you hit GAME START
Open the Task Manager once more, and when you find "explorer.exe" disable it and change Engine.exe to AboveNormal priority
When you want to restore explorer.exe, follow these steps:
--Hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete
--Click File:
--New Task (Run...)
--Type in: explorer.exe
--Click ok, and things'll be back to normal


P.S,
Deleting friends from your Friends List does more than you think.
You said you DOUBT, but it does get rid of a large amount of lag.
I also tested this, with my main who had about 90 friends.
Then I deleted all of the old friends that I don't chat with/play with/don't remember/don't know etc;
I get around 5 Friend Requests on my main every other day when I login.
I clear up my friends list of un-needed, un-wanted, unknown, and un-important people.

I had HUGE lag in 1v1 matches with the 90 friends in my messenger
Deleted them, and that HUGE lag in 1v1 matches changed and I play smooth games now
(In just 2 hours, challenging the same person)
No other factors contributed to my lag besides the friend deletion i believe.

Edit: It's good to have a lot of friends in real life as I am well-known on the island i live and my whole family is as well,
but not in Combat Arms
Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post


Here's a fix, look back into the guide as well:

Step 9c)Open your Task Manager, and disable processes other than your AntiVirus, also be careful not to disable important Windows Processes.

Step 10a) Combat Arms Lag decrease
Before you hit GAME START
Open the Task Manager once more, and when you find "explorer.exe" disable it and change Engine.exe to AboveNormal priority
When you want to restore explorer.exe, follow these steps:
--Hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete
--Click File:
--New Task (Run...)
--Type in: explorer.exe
--Click ok, and things'll be back to normal


P.S,
Deleting friends from your Friends List does more than you think.
You said you DOUBT, but it does get rid of a large amount of lag.
I also tested this, with my main who had about 90 friends.
Then I deleted all of the old friends that I don't chat with/play with/don't remember/don't know etc;
I get around 5 Friend Requests on my main every other day when I login.
I clear up my friends list of un-needed, un-wanted, unknown, and un-important people.

I had HUGE lag in 1v1 matches with the 90 friends in my messenger
Deleted them, and that HUGE lag in 1v1 matches changed and I play smooth games now
(In just 2 hours, challenging the same person)
No other factors contributed to my lag besides the friend deletion i believe.

Edit: It's good to have a lot of friends in real life as I am well-known on the island i live and my whole family is as well,
but not in Combat Arms
1 Alright, that's better with the antivirus.
2 I do hope choobs can follow those simple instructions. :|
3 I got confused about the term messenger. I thought you were referring to IM clients such as AIM, Yahoo messenger or the like; if you could clarify that you're talking about the Nexon messenger, that would be great.
It is good to have friends in real life.


On a side note, do you think you could increase the text size of the step #'s? The pictures look absolutely gigantic compared to the tiny text.
Quote Originally Posted by 0terminater0 View Post
1 Alright, that's better with the antivirus.
2 I do hope choobs can follow those simple instructions. :|
3 I got confused about the term messenger. I thought you were referring to IM clients such as AIM, Yahoo messenger or the like; if you could clarify that you're talking about the Nexon messenger, that would be great.
It is good to have friends in real life.


On a side note, do you think you could increase the text size of the step #'s? The pictures look absolutely gigantic compared to the tiny text.
1. Mhmm.
2. Same here, they are a bit confusing, but I try yanno- I try...
3. Nexon Messenger, my MSN messenger friends list is like a bit over 300 hahahha,

On A Side Note: sure
Nice Guide, Ima Try This Out. >_>
Nice Guide, Ima Try This Out. >_>
*Do i get thanks like andrew did?
Quote Originally Posted by Shocking View Post
Nice Guide, Ima Try This Out. >_>
*Do i get thanks like andrew did?
nope. i don't think so!
Quote Originally Posted by Shocking View Post
YOU'RE LAME!
and you have a nice, yet Emo signature

EDIT: on topic please?
The annoying off topic shit irritates me.

Aren't there like 5-10 threads on this same thing already?
the serial key doesnt work!
Posts 1–15 of 188 · Page 1 of 13
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?