Question[Discuss]API Hijack[Help]

Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
[Discuss]API Hijack[Help]
heya, I don't think I have every asked for help, so bare with me

Has anyone worked with APIhijack or it's features, I know what it is used for (disabling normal dll's and replacing them with your own, example, replace Directdraw.dll with your own, etc)

My point is , I see it having huge potential, however I have not seen any use of it here.

So can someone who has worked with it offer me some more information (documentation is light at the moment)

Thanks

I have the source and demos if needed.
otherwise it is a easy find.
Hmm, I don't think many people use it 'cause there are alternatives to it, plus it's easier to work with your own functions rather than having to read over a bunch of undocumented stuff. Not sure if it's undocumented...

Anyways, are you working on a project that involves hi-jacking some DLL's and/or API or just doing this for learning purposes?
Yes, I am considering working on something, I was using SlimDx to work with Visual Basic , MDX is really not going anywhere any more, and in some research I came across it, So i wanted some input
Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
Yes, I am considering working on something, I was using SlimDx to work with Visual Basic , MDX is really not going anywhere any more, and in some research I came across it, So i wanted some input
Never heard of API Hijack? YOu sure a C++ programmer would use it. Any API I wanted hooked I could do rather easily, same for dll's either IAT hooking or detouring... rather simply, don't really see the need for a wrapper class or anything. Well what is API hijack?

THis it? http://www.codeproject.com/KB/DLL/apihijack.aspx
@ Why, yeah that is it, Keep in mind this is unfamiliar territory , Objective C gave me a migraine and C# is similar in design to vb, C++ , World of its own

IE:

[php]
Name->Section
[/php]

Atleast in C# I can figure it out because the base of the code is similiar, what is that?

[php]
Name->section(1,1,I think addressof,something)
[/php]

ready to give up and go back to vb.net/c# where I belong, I just have a good idea I need to work on. which if it works, I will give to the community to use.
hmmm.... perhaps say what ur trying to do and we could figure out the best approach.
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
hmmm.... perhaps say what ur trying to do and someone could figure out the best approach.
I was wondering what he's up to also.
Hmmmm, I am attempting to develop a VB Game Hacking SDK using pure vb, no form , not topmost=true, no timers, just class and modules, keyboard hooks, mouse hooks, everything you need to make a viable Game Hacking SDK and in the purest vb.net gets.

I almost have a completed Global Keyboard Hook, and , I will be finishing it up and testing soon, I should also have a Global Mouse Hook, I will have a hotkey module using virtual keys in the low level hook.
I will be adding DirectX support, console application injector (instead of GUI, this way someone can build a GUI for the console without having to modify the code) , etc. etc. Really just want to give MPGH' Visaul basic something to build decent stuff on, Everything is more then possible in Visual basic, But Direct X is something I almost never had to use, i read some game programming books back in vb5 and vb6 days (directX SDK for VB, you had to develop a sims like game in both books, this was before sims exisited[not sim city, the sims])

Most DX documentation is written in C++, so converting it my head (for the most part is easy) except for when it comes to things like

[php]
Name->Section
[/php]

If you were to see that in C++ code or documentation, what would that even be doing??

(side note, in the industry for a long time, hate feeling like a choob )
-> is the 'pointer to member' operator, used for classes and structures.

[php]
struct Person {
int age;
char* name;
};

Person *David;
David->age = 13;
[/php]

I guess for VB, accessing members in classes is the '.' ?
Hmmm, ahhh so Pointer Reference Expressions. makes more sense now thanks
say you have an object:
Person david;

david being a person has several methods: eat(), sleep(), talk(), etc.
to use those methods I would use the member operator:

david.eat();
david.sleep();

However say now I wanted a pointer to a Person object, this way the person could be arbitrary.

Person* person;

This is a pointer to a Person object.
To access its members we do this:

person->eat();
person->sleep();

That is the only difference.
-> is used for object pointers and . for objects.


EDIT: Also seems like a valiant effort Next. If there's anyway I can help out let me know.
@ Why, Thanks, that helps out a-lot , and yes, I already mentioned in another thread I will be giving you a buzz shortly, Some of the SDK may need some C++ work, and I am way to lazy yo begin learning another language, I don't sleep as it is, it is already 12 and I won't be asleep till 6 , same last night and same the night before, and I am up by 6:30 -7 , So thanks for offering and I will hold you to it


Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
@ Why, Thanks, that helps out a-lot , and yes, I already mentioned in another thread I will be giving you a buzz shortly, Some of the SDK may need some C++ work, and I am way to lazy yo begin learning another language, I don't sleep as it is, it is already 12 and I won't be asleep till 6 , same last night and same the night before, and I am up by 6:30 -7 , So thanks for offering and I will hold you to it


That's not healthy.

Keep us updated yo, this project interests me.
Yea, far from healthy, I will keep you posted, it's going to be extensive, and trying, but each step of the way I will add it to a pack, probably use a trunk- and offer pre releases and such.
Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us