What's the stupidest thing you've done today?

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
What's the stupidest thing you've done today?
My dad asked me to move the truck...my driveway is on an incline, so to be safe he always engages the emergency brake. I take the keys, go outside, get in the truck, put the keys in the ignition and turn it on. I put my foot on the brake and put the car in to gear. It should have moved forward because it was in gear but nothing happened, so I gave it some gas. "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH" I go "Wtf? It's cold out, maybe the brakes are cold or something." I kept driving for another 10 feet and stop. I park the car, turn the engine off and pull the keys out. I went back inside and told my mom the brakes were making funny noises. Then she goes "Oops, you probably forgot to disengage the emergency brake." So I said, "Oh, fucking hell, I DID NOT!" I went outside to go look and sure enough, the e-brake is on all the way. So I go back and turn the engine on again, put the car in drive and took my foot off the brake...the truck rolls forward now. I wonder if I broke it?...(After my dad spent a thousand dollars getting the rear brake pads and discs replaced..
Is that really stupidity or ignorance?
A little bit of both I suppose. I didn't know the e-brake was on. My dad was like "You don't have to give it any gas, it will go on its own." So naturally I assumed it would be off.
Well some vehicles like Honda's move slowly forward on their own, unless you hold down the brake, so I assume you didn't break it.
Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
Well some vehicles like Honda's move slowly forward on their own, unless you hold down the brake, so I assume you didn't break it.
All cars move forward on their own when the engine is in drive, it's called idling. But I had the emergency brake on.
No, not all cars do. Older cars do not, well at least one I know of.
i put many more RAM in tv but it go fiz fiz put put and dont power anymore and also smoke
Well the stupidest thing I did today was when I played my basketball match

sprained my ankle but told no one and kept playing

then I cramped it up and fell =/

Can you say "painful?"
Quote Originally Posted by NetNavi View Post
Well the stupidest thing I did today was when I played my basketball match

sprained my ankle but told no one and kept playing

then I cramped it up and fell =/

Can you say "painful?"
What was wrong with you atm?
Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
i put many more RAM in tv but it go fiz fiz put put and dont power anymore and also smoke
God, I fucking love this guy.
Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
What was wrong with you atm?
well actually, it was more of me just pulling a muscle

but i didn't bother about that either

so I just kept playing to the point where I fell and spun around in a circle screaming

fun
Quote Originally Posted by NetNavi View Post
well actually, it was more of me just pulling a muscle

but i didn't bother about that either

so I just kept playing to the point where I fell and spun around in a circle screaming

fun
Pulling a muscle takes a few minutes to recover =/.
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?