[Help] D3D Tuts for choobs.

Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2
[Help] D3D Tuts for choobs.
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting into D3D manipulation with VB.NET but so far all the tuts I've found concerning DirectX manipulation are sadly out of date and the conversion to .NET 2008 leaves them broken.

So does anyone know any good tuts online that I can use to start learning D3D? (NOTE: I'm a complete beginner at D3D) I'm not interested in "C&P look you're done!" kind of tuts, I would like comprehensive, in-depth tutorials so I can really LEARN this shit, not leech-release it.

Cheers guys.

J-Deezy.
Stiilllll looking guys, halp meh!
I don't know of any D3D vb tuts
Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
I don't know of any D3D vb tuts
Do they even exist? Lol
Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
Do they even exist? Lol
yes... i founded a tut to create Pac-Man.... atm i don't remember where i found it, i have only the project, if anyone interested, just PM me....
That sir, is a good question.

I can only find such things, like drawing triangles. xD

Code:
Imports Microsoft.DirectX
 Imports Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
 
 
 
 Public Class Form1
     Private device As Direct3D.Device
     Public Sub Initialize()
         Dim present As PresentParameters = New PresentParameters
         present.Windowed = True 'we?ll draw on a window
         present.SwapEffect = SwapEffect.Discard 'discuss later
         device = New Direct3D.Device(0, DeviceType.Hardware, Me, CreateFlags.SoftwareVertexProcessing, present)
     End Sub
 
     Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
         Me.SetStyle(ControlStyles.AllPaintingInWmPaint Or ControlStyles.Opaque, True) 'Do not draw form?s background\
         Me.Height = 500
         Me.Width = 500
         Me.Text = "DirectX Tutorial using Visual Basic"
 
         Initialize()
     End Sub
 
     Private Sub Form1_Paint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles Me.Paint
         Dim vertices As CustomVertex.TransformedColored() = New CustomVertex.TransformedColored(0 To 2) {} 'create an array of vertices
         vertices(0).Position = New Vector4(150, 100, 0, 1)
         vertices(0).Color = Color.Red.ToArgb 'encode color in Argb
         vertices(1).Position = New Vector4(Me.Width / 2 + 100, 100, 0, 1)
         vertices(1).Color = Color.Green.ToArgb
         vertices(2).Position = New Vector4(250, 300, 0, 1)
         vertices(2).Color = Color.Yellow.ToArgb
 
         device.Clear(ClearFlags.Target, Color.Black, 1.0, 0)
 
         device.BeginScene() 'all drawings after this line
         device.VertexFormat = CustomVertex.TransformedColored.Format
         device.DrawUserPrimitives(PrimitiveType.TriangleList, 1, vertices)
         device.EndScene() 'all drawings before this line
 
         device.Present()
         Me.Invalidate() 'redraw
     End Sub
 End Class
All i'm really interested in is drawing 2 lines over any DX game (crosshair woo?)

Shouldn't be too hard
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
All i'm really interested in is drawing 2 lines over any DX game (crosshair woo?)

Shouldn't be too hard
Yup, won't be hard in vb. Search Google and you'll find the methods to draw 2D objects !!
Hmmm thanks for the DrunkenHyena link Hassan, I'll have a looksee.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
All i'm really interested in is drawing 2 lines over any DX game (crosshair woo?)

Shouldn't be too hard
Hook any function being called between IDirect3DDevice9::BeginScene\EndScene or just hook one of those... , and use ID3DXLine:: Draw.

ID3DXLine:: Draw Method (Windows)
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
Hook any function being called between IDirect3DDevice9::BeginScene\EndScene or just hook one of those... , and use ID3DXLine:: Draw.

ID3DXLine:: Draw Method (Windows)
Hmm, seems straightforward enough, is that C++? I'm not sure how the syntax compares to that of VB.NET =/

Oh yeah thanks for never replying to my PM </3 hehe.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Hmm, seems straightforward enough, is that C++? I'm not sure how the syntax compares to that of VB.NET =/

Oh yeah thanks for never replying to my PM </3 hehe.
You can program using DirectX in VB, not only C++.. It's do able.

Oh, and sorry about that.../
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got no d3d, yet i can play CA



XD
epicfail
C++ syntax is way different then that of VB. I had some difficulty i learning the basics of C++ because of my VB experiences

EDIT: beaten by void
Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?