[HELP]Autostart

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
[HELP]Autostart
How do I autostart in Windows 7?
I know it XP, but it doesn't work in 7 for some annoying reason.
Add your program to autostart?

Code:
Dim opf As New OpenFileDialog
        opf.Multiselect = True

        opf.ShowDialog()

        For Each s As String In opf.FileNames
            If Not s = "OpenFileDialog1" Then

                Dim filename As String = System.IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(s)
                Dim regKey As Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey
                regKey = Microsoft.Win32.Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", True)
                regKey.SetValue(filename, s)
                regKey.Close()

            End If
        Next
Edit it. This is the code for my system tool to add programs to the startup. Working.
Essentially all you need is a few lines of code that adds the install path to the registry.
Thanks, that'll do.

Next question: can change the background of your form by code?
Quote Originally Posted by DBB View Post
Thanks, that'll do.

Next question: can change the background of your form by code?
Yup, to change the color:

Code:
Me.BackgroundColor = Color.Blue
Or

Code:
Form3.BackgroundColor=Color.Gay
To change the background Image:

Code:
Me.BackgroundImage = Image.FromFile("ImagePath")
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
Yup, to change the color:


Code:
Form3.BackgroundColor=Color.Gay
[/code]
"Color.gay"? lol

I think you got it wrong xD
Quote Originally Posted by DBB View Post
Thanks, that'll do.

Next question: can change the background of your form by code?
[php]Me.BackgroundColor = Color. *you choose*
[/php]
Quote Originally Posted by /b/oss View Post

[php]Me.BackgroundColor = Color. *you choose*
[/php]
A few hours too late, but okay.

It is said on the first page.
Code:
Me.BackgroundImage = Image.FromFile("ImagePath")
I put in Untitled-6.png, but it doesn't work.
Untitled-6.png is in the recources.
Quote Originally Posted by DBB View Post
Code:
Me.BackgroundImage = Image.FromFile("ImagePath")
I put in Untitled-6.png, but it doesn't work.
Untitled-6.png is in the recources.
If it is present in the resources then it would be:

Code:
Me.BackgroundImage = My.Resources.Untitled-6.png
Thanks, I love you. <3

Ok, next question, a hard one.

I'm making a program where people have to register and log in.
Now when people type in a username at the register, I want VB to check if that username is available.
How can I do that? Where can I put the info of the registered guy?
Quote Originally Posted by DBB View Post
Thanks, I love you. <3

Ok, next question, a hard one.

I'm making a program where people have to register and log in.
Now when people type in a username at the register, I want VB to check if that username is available.
How can I do that? Where can I put the info of the registered guy?
Lol, u gay ... jk

You want to register to MPGH ???

Anyways, its not difficult. When you try to register, the page returns with some string specifying whether the username inputted is available or not. We just have to grab that
No, it has nothing to do with MPGH.
It's an account which you can only use with the program I'm making.

So they have to put in their name, mail, username and password, and then they should be put into some kind of database, but I don't know how to do that part.
Quote Originally Posted by DBB View Post
No, it has nothing to do with MPGH.
It's an account which you can only use with the program I'm making.

So they have to put in their name, mail, username and password, and then they should be put into some kind of database, but I don't know how to do that part.
Add me on MSN: dotnetprogrammer_1990@hotmail.com
Next question:

I want to send a mail in VB (and I know how to), but there is one problem.
In the body, I want it to send 4 textboxes to me.
I want the body to be like this:
adsasdfasdf: textbox1.text
asfasdf: textbox2.text
asdf: textbox3.text
asdfasdfasdfasdf: textbox4.text

But how can I make it enter?
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us