LightbulbCA player's guide

Posts 1–15 of 27 · Page 1 of 2
CA player's guide
Used to play Ca more than any other game, but then my computer broke and I'm stuck with a crappy one, hence why I've been too bummed to come into this section for a good while.

But I will be with CA in spirit by reveal some good playing styles of elites
*Note: If you have a laggy comp that isn't keeping the ball rolling at say atleast 20, 25 FPS (frames Per-Second), you'll have to stick to sniping because, I'll let you in a a clue to why you can play other games with a regular FPS(Frames Per-Second) of around 15 but not Shooters. Even though the game will run and your comp is only staying near 20FPS as its peak, this is a real-time going on here, and the guy running his game at a smooth 120FPS with a monster gaming computer, he can get his character to move his gun in the same way he reacted with his mouse, in near milliseconds. At 15FPS (Frames Per-Second), I'd make a guestimation of you being 1-2 seconds behind the realtime of what's already going on and the actions the server may have very well already validated. 1-2secs in real-time with guns can mean maybe even 10 extra rounds in your back. A slow computer isn't likely to make your split second mouse gestures happen so quickly.
not really sure how to lay this out so I'll just do my best.

Close Quarters -
In maps where you'll be making direct contact with the enemy often, like Junk Flea or even more so Deathroom, your number one advantage in any situation is speed and having the motor-skills to be able to do all 3 important tasks of the FPS world at one time, Run, Jump and Shoot. The moment you come in contact with the enemy and don't perform all three of these tasks flawlessly at the same time, you will be killed easily by someone who can. *Usually people who use the technique well enough have lots of speed equips on maps that are explicitly CQC. That kind of enemy will jump around you literally making you frenzy in trying to copy the same tactic and get a lock, to make your shot, if this person has a good FPS rate, by the time they start jumping around you, you'll be dead in 1-2 seconds if you're standing still.

The effectiveness of the speed style is very effective with speed equips, and will work on any map when in direct contact with the enemy, of course make sure the floor is level or you have the high ground. Alot of the times a good speed styler will be called of course, a speeder or a hacker because the kills are endless if you have a fast character and a kick ass FPS rate, you can respond in split seconds with commands and your character will keep up just as fast.

The only threat to the Speed style is, when you stop moving. And that can be deadly in maps like Snow Valley if you're out in the open, the threat to speed stylers are open areas in general (but of course being out in the open is a threat for any soldier), since light vests and lots of speed equips effect armor, you want to, at all cost be the one to get the jump on your enemy and not the other way around, but that isn't usually a problem if you have speed on your side.

Sniper Maps -
The Rainforest map is fun isn't it? but how do I snipe in the tower if there's a guy on the other side sniping back, sniping is where I shine, and no I'm not just saying that, because anyone at all will claim to be a great sniper (usually 5 out of 5 people will claim to be a great sniper). Even though my comp isn't getting the kick ass FPS needed to keep up and follow my split second responses in CQC, I can take a nice and a bit slower pace in sniping (but not too slow).

A good sniper hits, a moving target, I may have fibbed a little implying sniping didn't require a good FPS. Without a good FPS you can not hit a moving target even though your life depends on it. With a semi-auto rifle and popping rounds into that guy who's running to the closest cover it's like you have a way more accurate version of a machine gun, not nearly as many RPM, but the same level of effectivity. A Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle, is good for general purposes, if you want to make a quick switch between sniping in Assault styled maps, but other than that, they maybe an equally good choice on other maps, except for one important feature of a sniper rifle, the anonymity, of super-effective rounds. Anonymity being that it's less likely you'll get caught if you only need shoot a few rounds (counting misses) at a time for a kill, and super effective rounds are super effective

How do I hit a moving target while sniping? Well don't be out in the open that's for sure, and make your shots well timed, if you have a good enough FPS rate your comp is close enough to moving at real-time speeds that following paths of movement are easy. With a comp with a low FPS rate, trying to follow someone through a scope is like hell. For following a fast moving target, quick scope two paces ahead of them and shoot in the moment, to be a good sniper you need flawless precision + reaction time. I myself have had a record of being a little shotty, there are two general kinds of ways to go about sniping, wait or take the chance. Taking the chance can blow your cover a bit too early, but waiting can give a sniper in an obvious camping spot a bad case of lead poisoning.

A good calculating Rifleman will have begun to realize where his rifle favors, my rifles usually end up liking to pull to the bottom left. Whenever I want to hit something I aim a bit off to the right for that purpose. A good Rifleman, realizes that his best aid is anonymity and will reposition immediately as he senses his prey might be catching on. As a sniper, your death will be inevitable if your target knows you're there. More so if it's an enemy sniper.

As a sniper helplessly camping in a general area, you have no idea what to do when you're being shot at. Or do you? FPS games would be a whole lot more kick ass if they didn't simply display the kills in game (but in just the ending results), for that purpose. You'd be able to faint death without the enemy being able to tell if it's true or not. A snow camo covered sniper isn't so easy to pick out, so if he's "shot" you and you haven't shot back maybe, he can assume you're dead. He did shoot you didn't he? after all. But regardless the next best thing is to change position when someone starts shooting at you, whether only a few meters or just two steps over, as long as you do it quickly enough and pop another round they'll be dead before they can know better.

When engaging an enemy sniper, lets put or self in the Rainforest map at the wooden tower. Admittedly the best place to snipe, is from behind the sheet metal. The parting between the sheet metal going up from the base is a good place to snipe, and that's because you can be far behind it and snipe through it. In a sniper vs sniper battler or maybe even from any guy with a scope, you'll die if your hugging up against the sheet metal. If you're trying to hit enemies on the ground hugging against it to make the kill is a fine, but when engaged by an enemy sniper you will get hit. the best way to snipe through an opening is to move as far away as you can from the opening, still having the enemy in sight and sniping through it. It might be that if you have bad enough aim you'll loose rounds just trying to aim through the opening, but this makes it more likely that even if your enemies round do make it through the opening, more than likely you'll be crouched far back enough that they'll miss, or even when they hit, only do slight partial damage getting caught up by the sheet metal before reaching you (yes it works against L96A1's, very effectively considering it's not actually all that accurate).

I'm exchanging fire with an enemy sniper.... I try shooting two rounds from my little crack through the opening maybe I only grazed him and he still has some HP, either way I'm getting frustrated. So I climb down the ladder fast enough that maybe he doesn't realize the reason behind my cease fire is to reposition. And at that level I shoot out of the corners of the wood with a better look at him through my scope, he's dead now.
If I really get tired I'll switch to my pistol and time the recoil to take good shots at the person.

Countering a sniper, .... Without being a sniper. Most snipers are cowardly and will get flustered if you shoot them and get a hit, or fire shots repeatedly at them, when they reposition, which in the case of a person that nooby, they usually reposition by moving back and coming back into the exact same position. Most snipers don't armor themselves well, since I've never seen any real snipers on CA.

All you need to do is get them flustered, they'll move back, maybe even actually reposition. When they do that make your way to somewhere that would be out of their sight and counter-snipe with a rifle you have in your pack just for this kind of convenience. Or if you're fast enough run out of sight into a position you can run up on their six without being noticed, admittedly most snipers don't watch their back. I personally see killing you as a priority as you would see me, since the most deadly thing to you and your allies is me, and currently the only thing that is in a position to shoot at me is you. So an advice to the sniper in this situation is to go make a counter counter by sneaking up on your enemy who's trying to be sneaky. A counter counter like that is pretty easy in say a map like snow valley where you'd have the higher ground, just jump down on him and knife him, or jump down on him and shoot him with an AR.

Assault -
You are the bread and butter of the FPS classes, you tout around an AR everywhere you go and are not afraid to pop a couple of rounds, where close quarters or a far off distance. Your biggest asset is maneuverability, and ass you can get higher ranked, more accurate guns it may even be the ability to fluster snipers, but it's more like the ability to kill them once you get into Master Sergeant ranks.
The mastery of quick scoping and some speed style is your number one attribute, you'll shoot down anything that moves, before it gets the chance to actually move.

When countering a sniper move in a good distance and take cover. Shoot out of an available opening or maybe even peer of from the side of cover to hit your target.For everything else, speed styling (even without speed equips) and quick scoping is the answer.


Zombie Fireteam -
Coming soon

Terrorist Fireteam -
Coming soon

Submachine Gunner -
Coming Soon

Machine Gunner -
Coming Soon

General Technique -
In any situation close quarters combat, sniping, assault, the quick scoping technique is essential to quick accurate kills. What's the secret? Because of recoil your crosshairs will spread wide open, leaving room for more and more inaccuracy, as it spreads. That's why "firing from the hip" sucks ass, as the crosshairs spread from recoil your eyes may even lose focus on where the center of the crosshair is.

The scope, no scope technique is as it is written scope, and then no scope (AKA quick scoping). When I want to shoot someone I lock on to them as I would naturally and the moment I do I scope in on them. And then if they're fighting back of course like in CQC I quickly scope in and out as we even maybe exchanging jumps at the same time (if you can multitask and you have a good FPS rate a new style of gaming completely is opened up to you). Quick Scoping on your target removes the pain of trying to focus in on a center with no marking. And if it's a CQC area like death room, you'll laugh a bit once you get mastery of the skill because, when people try running through the doorway and you quickly scope in on the center of their body predicting their straight-line of movement, you gesture your mouse quickly upward to get a headshot, they're literally running their heads into your bullets. The quick scoping action has deathly abilities in any application, a scope is way more valuable than 150GP if you know how to use it. Scoping in CQC goes a little like this, if the person isn't directly ontop of you, say they're a couple of feet away, using speed style and quick scoping, can get you kills all around, scope in on their upper body and if they're moving predict their path of movement and a headshot is inevitable. (This how you get all of the koohl kill cam action of some hot babe running and jumping at you put a bullet through your head after you tried camping by the doors).

Quick scoping simply works like this, it's hard for me to get a head shot if I can't recognize the center of my sight, so I quickly scope in on the person's upper body, and shell off a couple of rounds quickly trying to gesturing my mouse towards their head.
~
Sorry if there are typos or etc. getting tired so Coming Soon means Coming Soon /yea
If this was helpful hit the thanks button so you can let me know you want me to continue.
Half of this is wrong, the guide itself is wondrous but some of the things you said is wrong.
Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
Half of this is wrong, the guide itself is wondrous but some of the things you said is wrong.
Get it together man.
~
Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


Get it together man.
~
What?

First of all, I made more threads for CA than maybe you.

Second, the front color..BURN MY EYES. I can't read it very well.

Third, you're guide IS good, but you forgot a few rules of making a guide.

1. Everyone have different playability.
2. From 1. you must make it so all can learn it with easy words.
3. From 1 and 2, you must speak in a neutral tone, this guide reflects on your skills, not the skill itself.
4. Not everything is speed, not everyone have NX, again this reflect on 1,2,3.
5. Explains by steps, you didn't, you made a huge paragraph.

I didn't say it was BAD, I said it was good, but half of the things you say or do is WRONG, not as the skill, but as communication.
Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
What?

First of all, I made more threads for CA than maybe you.

Second, the front color..BURN MY EYES. I can't read it very well.

Third, you're guide IS good, but you forgot a few rules of making a guide.

1. Everyone have different playability.
2. From 1. you must make it so all can learn it with easy words.
3. From 1 and 2, you must speak in a neutral tone, this guide reflects on your skills, not the skill itself.
4. Not everything is speed, not everyone have NX, again this reflect on 1,2,3.
5. Explains by steps, you didn't, you made a huge paragraph.

I didn't say it was BAD, I said it was good, but half of the things you say or do is WRONG, not as the skill, but as communication.
Never said speeding was the key in general I said speed was a key in direct CQC (when they're right on top of your ass basically) at all times. And also there are plenty of speed equips that are GP.
~
I could dumb down the wording a bit but I figured it'd take alot of effort Google translating back and forth make sure it would share them same logic structure throughout all languages. Guide doesn't reflect on my own personal skill, it reflects on the skills required to get your KDR up and play the game better.
Quote Originally Posted by Arhk View Post


Never said speeding was the key in general I said speed was a key in direct CQC (when they're right on top of your ass basically) at all times. And also there are plenty of speed equips that are GP.
~
I could dumb down the wording a bit but I figured it'd take alot of effort Google translating back and forth make sure it would share them same logic structure throughout all languages. Guide doesn't reflect on my own personal skill, it reflects on the skills required to get your KDR up and play the game better.

You also said it is important as a key in sniper, so. I didn't say dumb it down, make it into small simple steps, nobodies is going to look at all that. And yes, you do-regardless you don't make the guide neutral:

The Rainforest map is fun isn't it? but how do I snipe in the tower if there's a guy on the other side sniping back, sniping is where I shine, and no I'm not just saying that, because anyone at all will claim to be a great sniper (usually 5 out of 5 people will claim to be a great sniper). Even though my comp isn't getting the kick ass FPS needed to keep up and follow my split second responses in CQC, I can take a nice and a bit slower pace in sniping (but not too slow). <--Personal, not neutral.

How do I hit a moving target while sniping? Well don't be out in the open that's for sure, and make your shots well timed, if you have a good enough FPS rate your comp is close enough to moving at real-time speeds that following paths of movement are easy. With a comp with a low FPS rate, trying to follow someone through a scope is like hell. For following a fast moving target, quick scope two paces ahead of them and shoot in the moment, to be a good sniper you need flawless precision + reaction time. I myself have had a record of being a little shotty, there are two general kinds of ways to go about sniping, wait or take the chance. Taking the chance can blow your cover a bit too early, but waiting can give a sniper in an obvious camping spot a bad case of lead poisoning. <--Showing your skills than the skill itself.

A good calculating Rifleman will have begun to realize where his rifle favors, my rifles usually end up liking to pull to the bottom left. Whenever I want to hit something I aim a bit off to the right for that purpose. A good Rifleman, realizes that his best aid is anonymity and will reposition immediately as he senses his prey might be catching on. As a sniper, your death will be inevitable if your target knows you're there. More so if it's an enemy sniper. <--A rifleman is not a sniper, a rifleman is the person holding a rifle with infantry training (AK47 is an example), you call snipers Marksman or Snipers.

Again, I like it, but half of it needs to be tweaked.
Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
rifleman is not a sniper, a rifleman is the person holding a rifle with infantry training (AK47 is an example), you call snipers Marksman or Snipers.

Again, I like it, but half of it needs to be tweaked.
Rifles were originally a class of simply guns that only had abilities for sniping, by me saying rifleman is just me using the old monicker of snipers, before Sniper rifles and then Assault rifles and etc.
~
And all so I figure you didn't catch on because of the language barrier, but when I say, "So, how do I ....?" it means for the person to ask them self the question. Doing things like that is customary in English literature, to attempt to get your reading to put them self in the situation.
I can't read one word of that baby shit green text.
Quote Originally Posted by Synns View Post
I can't read one word of that baby shit green text.
It reminds me of your avatar
~
Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy VB View Post
C+P=who gives a shit?
and its probs all crap,i didnt bother reading it because whos ganna read a TUt THAT loing -_-

Envy is a disease that slowly rots away at your consciousness
C+P=who gives a shit?
and its probs all crap,i didnt bother reading it because whos ganna read a TUt THAT loing -_-
hey arhk go back to you fkn cave and gtfo mah section

llama looking mofo!!

nah i'm just playin
its pre obvisol C+P,i mean who would bother anyway? coz no1's ganna read it =_=
maybe,just maybe she/he has 2 much time on there hands =_=
Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy VB View Post
maybe,just maybe she/he has 2 much time on there hands =_=
maybe /
~
Posts 1–15 of 27 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?