the best cracked controls, best photoshoped = win? what does that have to do with programming at all? ;s
Originally Posted by 'Bruno
what does that have to do with programming at all? ;s
Agreed.
I know that a lot of programs here lack GUI, but this is VBOTW, not the graphics section. Sure, GUI's are important, but I mean this competition was supposed to be to encourage people to increase there coding repertoire. This subject is so broad that once again I doubt you'll see many entries; it's not even a proper topic. How is being the best at photoshop/using DotNetBar going to make you a better coder? I know a horrible GUI is horrible and you need to have that "eyegasm" compenent, but it's not really something to base a whole competition on =.= In the real world, there are probably a GFX team to make the GUI look pretty on a professional program, and the programmers are to insure complete functionality. This topic has nothing to do with VB.
I get annoyed when I see 10000 spammers with horrible GUIs, so I thought this would be a good idea.
Anyways, almost all commercial controls can be found on this forum, and if not I can link you to some if you PM me.
Originally Posted by Lolland
I get annoyed when I see 10000 spammers with horrible GUIs, so I thought this would be a good idea.
Anyways, almost all commercial controls can be found on this forum, and if not I can link you to some if you PM me.
i do have access to a lot of commercial controls at my company.. that was not the "problem".. but well... its true that most of programs released here, lack GUI...
I know you have lots of commercial components, I was really referring to anyone reading who lacks any.
I might try out for this
I can change it if you can think up a great topic.
this is what I hate about windows, every application is like a homeless man. They look horrible and function very poorly. There is not GUI standards or anything.
Originally Posted by Corndog
this is what I hate about windows, every application is like a homeless man. They look horrible and function very poorly. There is not GUI standards or anything.
Mac can SMD !! /yea
@Topic: As Brinuz and Jason said, this has nothing to do with coding.
Try making something like breadcrumb control like vista / 7. The best crumb bar developer wins !!
If you can think of a better application I'll be happy to change it
Originally Posted by Lolland
If you can think of a better application I'll be happy to change it
Well seeing as this isn't an application, that shouldn't be too hard. I'll put on my thinking cap.
Originally Posted by Lolland
If you can think of a better application I'll be happy to change it
Best web browser
VB Operating System
...
If I think of more I'll post them.
Operating system
Way too hard for the newbies.
How about..
A program that involves more than one person being able to use it in any way. I.E. Data sharing system, or more like somewhere to share ideas and codes