Linux programming?

Posts 1–15 of 27 · Page 1 of 2
Linux programming?
Sup.

I have this netbook that has a distribution of Linux installed on it, called Xandros. I've finally managed to install GCC on it and it seems to work fine , though it sucks I can't find an IDE that will actually allow me to install it.. ( dependencies were pissing me off. )

Anyway, I was wondering if there is some mass library like MSDN but for Linux API, or any references at all... I haven't been able to find any tutorial that contains any form of Linux API... For all I know it might not even exist. So I come to you guys for help, anyone have a good reference or tutorial on Linux API for me?

Much appreciated.
First link will most likely be useful in the future but as of now I don't know how Linux works at all. I skimmed over it really quickly and I couldn't really understand what any function does or how to use it. Second link seems to be normal C++ tutorials, not Linux specific. Thanks anyways.
I'm real happy for you and Imma letchu finish, but Ubuntu is the best Linux Distro of all time.
Quote Originally Posted by Lolland View Post
I'm real happy for you and Imma letchu finish, but Ubuntu is the best Linux Distro of all time.
I lol'd

@ mel <3333333333333333333333333

EDIT: @ VOID WHY TEH FUX DO U WANT LINUX?! No real games on there D: only fake games.
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
I lol'd

@ mel <3333333333333333333333333

EDIT: @ VOID WHY TEH FUX DO U WANT LINUX?! No real games on there D: only fake games.
=D.

Nux is powerful for all Networking / CPU-Eating crap.

So I guess Void is going BlackHat and wants to screw up something =D.

Nah Joking.

But you should try to mess around with it a Bit Hell, It can lead to fun things ; Games aren't the only thing about Computers =).
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
I lol'd

@ mel <3333333333333333333333333

EDIT: @ VOID WHY TEH FUX DO U WANT LINUX?! No real games on there D: only fake games.
I can only get on a computer with Windows every second day, so I might as well make the most out of this.

Also, Xandros is shit, it's missing all the dependencies to install any IDE and it won't let me install 'cause they all require even more dependencies.
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
I can only get on a computer with Windows every second day, so I might as well make the most out of this.

Also, Xandros is shit, it's missing all the dependencies to install any IDE and it won't let me install 'cause they all require even more dependencies.
Get Ubuntu or Such ; Usually Sympatic PM Does all the Dependancies stuff itself when you add sources.
Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post
Get Ubuntu or Such ; Usually Sympatic PM Does all the Dependancies stuff itself when you add sources.
You have no idea how long it took to find non-outdated sources for Xandros, then the stupid Synaptic pack manager could never find gcc or build-essentials, took forever to find the correct sources.... Sigh, why is Linux so complicated... ):
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
You have no idea how long it took to find non-outdated sources for Xandros, then the stupid Synaptic pack manager could never find gcc or build-essentials, took forever to find the correct sources.... Sigh, why is Linux so complicated... ):
It's complicated because of its stupid design. Same goes for C++. I mean they could've made the syntax simpler while maintaining the functionality. Btw, started learning C++ yesterday !!
Unix API is somethingz Powerful.

As a good IDE and Coding method, I think Qt is the most Complex/Useful one to use on Nux ; My opinion. It is liek a customizable .Net FrameShit for windows, But that works good, Comes with a Designer app and stuff, This is the one I use.

For Unix-API tutorials / References or stuff.. Hmmz..
Gimmie a Sec.
No HD, you forgot about porn.
Quote Originally Posted by Lolland View Post
No HD, you forgot about porn.
I don't watch porn D:
*Facepalm*~
Posts 1–15 of 27 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us