VBOTW#4: Time.

Posts 1–15 of 45 · Page 1 of 3
VBOTW#4: Time.
VBOTW#4: Time tool.

Basic Rules:

NextGen is not allowed to enter , he have expensive tools and a few other coders on his side, it wouldn't be fair.

Lolland can't enter because he'll obviously see the competitor's programs before they're released.

Unlike the other competitions on this forum, all applications will go up at the same time, there will be no pre-submissions

Submit your application to Lolland Via PM/VM/Email and He will upload them for you.

All members will be able to vote.

You will not be permitted to Vote for your own application, if you decide to vote it must be for one of your competitors.

Any bribery of any sort will result in immediate disqualification.

Any Leeching or stealing of apps will result in a disqualification and also result in breaking the rules of this section and MPGH Mod staff will be notified where they can take any appropriate action.

If you plan to submit an application be sure it is "your application", as NextGen and Lolland will be very thorough with the applications to ensure safety and that the application is actually yours.

NO TUTORIALS! That means you can't go to youtube and search for a tutorial for your application.

Advanced Rules/Application Tasks:
This week you'll need to make something based on time, whether it would be an alarm clock, a timer, a calender, anything will do.

The winner will be chosen by the community based on these 3 factors (in no particular order):
  1. GUI
  2. Functionality/Performance
  3. Execution of the program


ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE NEXT SUNDAY AT 12:01AM CST
. Voting will take place on Sunday around that time, and will continue until Monday.

Example applications:
  1. Calender
  2. Alarm Clock
  3. Clock
  4. Day planner
  5. Schedule.


The winner will receive a signature reward, as well as have his name added to a list of winners on Lolland's flash drive, which will later be uploaded to Lolland's or NextGen's website.

Lykke til mine venner!!
You guys should put me on the payroll, I'm your ideas bitch.
Yes, yes.

J-Deezy came up with this one, let's all applaud him.
Well seems like i wont enter this
Why is that?
Cause i am nooby in the part "time"

also i dont know so much about how to make it into vb
But i know what a clock is...
Well Techial, here's a few snippets that should send ideas bursting out from your every orifice.

[php]
Timer1_Tick(ByVal....)

Label1.Text = Date.Now

[/php]

[php]

If yousettimefortask = Date.Now then
'do message
End If

[/php]

All you have to do is manipulate it in such a way that you can do a direct comparison between the date and time set for the task to be completed, and Date.Now. Shouldn't be too difficult for you!

@lolland, I also came up with the last one /
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Well Techial, here's a few snippets that should send ideas bursting out from your every orifice.

[php]
Timer1_Tick(ByVal....)

Label1.Text = Date.Now

[/php]

[php]

If yousettimefortask = Date.Now then
'do message
End If

[/php]

All you have to do is manipulate it in such a way that you can do a direct comparison between the date and time set for the task to be completed, and Date.Now. Shouldn't be too difficult for you!

@lolland, I also came up with the last one /
Now i cant enter cause i cant get sources/Snippets/help to make the applications..

But anyways thank you for giving me that snippet
Quote Originally Posted by qddW$#%^jtyjtyj View Post
Now i cant enter cause i cant get sources/Snippets/help to make the applications..

But anyways thank you for giving me that snippet
I'm fairly sure that such an obscure snippet, which didn't even tell you how to do anything specifically won't get you disqualified. All it was, was a push in the right direction
Quote Originally Posted by qddW$#%^jtyjtyj View Post
Now i cant enter cause i cant get sources/Snippets/help to make the applications..

But anyways thank you for giving me that snippet
It say tutorials, not snippets
i got this one im going to make flava flavs clock...
Just so you guys know, time permitting I will enter this one (hopefully ) and I expect you to be on your A-game, 'cos I'm determined to win this if I can make the time to get this done. Final year of highschool is probably the gayest thing ever.

lolland, is there any chance we can start VBOTW on like a tuesday or somewhere mid week? Because in my timezone, the entries close on like mid saturday morning. I have school and homework most of the weekdays, a party usually on friday night so the only time I can really put some serious time into the project is saturday afternoon-night and sunday afternoon-night then maybe polish it off early in the week. The way it is at the moment, I get the brief on a sunday night about 6pm...don't usually think of an idea til about 9 cos im fucking around doing other things, by then I get to make a few tests on my idea and then it's time to get shit ready for school the next week. Then I have homework/tests/school all through the week, busy on a friday night and suddenly it's due -.-.
Not sure if I have time for this one either. This week is really busy.

You're still in school at the end of July? That sucks.
Quote Originally Posted by Shark23 View Post
Not sure if I have time for this one either. This week is really busy.

You're still in school at the end of July? That sucks.
Southern Hemisphere FTW!
I'll enter, good luck all.
Posts 1–15 of 45 · Page 1 of 3
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us