.gsc decompiler.

Posts 1–15 of 30 · Page 1 of 2
.gsc decompiler.
Is there currently a .gsc de-compiler?
Like a decrypt program? Lol I wish(need it for a certain menu from a certain admin mod)

Thought ffviewer would work.... what a waste of space.
Quote Originally Posted by Crazyelfjj View Post
Like a decrypt program? Lol I wish(need it for a certain menu from a certain admin mod)
Please don't be a dick and try to leech my stuff. I put a lot of work into that menu and I don't need assholes claiming it as their own. If you don't like my name in it or the features it has, don't use it. If you are using it to get to the menu, I have released plenty of other mods that you could use to get the menu, instead of this one. My TF2 mod has the exact same menu as this one, just uses different text positions. Try it instead.
Quote Originally Posted by iZ3RO View Post
Please don't be a dick and try to leech my stuff. I put a lot of work into that menu and I don't need assholes claiming it as their own. If you don't like my name in it or the features it has, don't use it. If you are using it to get to the menu, I have released plenty of other mods that you could use to get the menu, instead of this one. My TF2 mod has the exact same menu as this one, just uses different text positions. Try it instead.
Wow dude, don't . I just want the menu for my PERSONAL admin mod. I have to many features in mine that I need to turn to a menu to fit them all or more action slots lol. Jeez I'm not trying to steal your work and It's cool that you made a menu. Something in which I couldn't. Besides the only ppl who will see the menu is me and 2 friends.

P.s, Ace's Counter-Strike menu would be of more use :P. But this is a placeholder, and I don't leech. Get to know people
How useful would a decrypter for .gsc files be?
First of all, how are .gsc files even encrypted? I know that authors do this to stop people from stealing or editing their mods.

EDIT - Never mind, found one and the source code is included. Maybe you can reverse-engineer it or examine the file project? It seems to be written in C#.

If you want the link just PM me.
gsc is a raw text file, it's already decompiled...
wanna decompile it more? write it on your hands, it will be 3d.
Quote Originally Posted by PP_CrazyApple View Post
gsc is a raw text file, it's already decompiled...
wanna decompile it more? write it on your hands, it will be 3d.
Wow, dude learn to research stuff before you comment. Have you ever seen a compiled .gsc file? I have... You can't read it. Not plain English. Realism Mod? Try reading the "raw text" in that....

I'm considering releasing my .gsc decrypter, for encrypted .gsc files for modloader. Does not currently work for MW2 Liberation. May never work for it. Don't want to be bothered to look into right now either.
If you want it, let me know why.
If you don't want me to release it, tell me why.
Before I release I want to weigh the pro's and con's.
Thanks guys.
If you have, or know of an encryption tool for .gsc, please let me know.
/posts merged
Since no one is conversing about this, I take it that no one cares. So I will release this program to decrypt encrypted .gsc files for modloader. Thus circumventing protection for these mods. Sorry for the hard work people put into there mods that will inevitably get stolen. Speak up soon before I post, if you don't want me to.
Don't do it, I beg of you. You will be hated as much as jdrama.
If you have one, it obviously means you understand coding enough to respect the authors work. The rest of the people, who can't decode, do not respect work and will most likely end up claiming the code as their own. Please do not turn coding into a daunting task instead of an enjoyable hobby. People work hard to create code and make sure it works, and they do not want it decrypted. Respect their (our) wishes.
Don't be a douchebag,
~ZerO
Quote Originally Posted by iZ3RO View Post
Don't do it, I beg of you. You will be hated as much as jdrama.
If you have one, it obviously means you understand coding enough to respect the authors work. The rest of the people, who can't decode, do not respect work and will most likely end up claiming the code as their own. Please do not turn coding into a daunting task instead of an enjoyable hobby. People work hard to create code and make sure it works, and they do not want it decrypted. Respect their (our) wishes.
Don't be a douchebag,
~ZerO
Well, let me tell you something. When you started modding, you didnt know ANYTHING about .gsc scripting. maybe some commands, but you didnt just came up with them. So, what you did was you opened a .gsc script and learned from it. You probably also copied some code and changed some things there. Its the same thing we are asking. I want to learn from your Admin menu because i would love to get more knowledge. For me, the best thing besides sex is Knowledge xD!

Hope you understand what i mean. If you dont feel like releasing Uncripted for everyone, because some people are just really evil, PM me because i really wanna get some code outta you

Joseph
Quote Originally Posted by Josephlittle View Post
Well, let me tell you something. When you started modding, you didnt know ANYTHING about .gsc scripting. maybe some commands, but you didnt just came up with them. So, what you did was you opened a .gsc script and learned from it. You probably also copied some code and changed some things there. Its the same thing we are asking. I want to learn from your Admin menu because i would love to get more knowledge. For me, the best thing besides sex is Knowledge xD!

Hope you understand what i mean. If you dont feel like releasing Uncripted for everyone, because some people are just really evil, PM me because i really wanna get some code outta you

Joseph
There are alot of scripts to learn, many people can teach you. Theres no more need for it. Decrypting izeros mods... sad.
dude it's not stealing if u give credits or just use part of the mod. -_-
Man since you were so polite, I think I changed my mind...... Er... Wait, you weren't polite.
Nvm....

jdrama? Who the fuck is that?
Posts 1–15 of 30 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?