Making a game engine...
Don't flame me. Don't tell me to learn c++ first. Don't tell me I can't do it. Don't tell me I won't be able to do it. Don't tell me it's impossible.
NOTHING is impossible, just difficult. And if it was easy, why would I do it.
I WANT to learn it this way. This is the best way for me to learn about basic c++...
Anyways, enough with the antiflamers. I've learned about loops, if statements, structures, header files, file input/output (kinda... haven't used it yet but I know how to sorta...)
I somewhat understand classes, but to fully understand all these basics, I need to see them in proper use. I need to see how they can be used, how they can be pushed, how they can be combined. And seeing as I am planning on following solo game design (epic fail, I know... But it's my life choice... Lawyer/gameprogrammer), it would be best to see how they can be used in game programming. And seeing as the best place to start game programming is the engine itself. I'd like to either be taught how to make one, or see the code for one.
I plan on using directx and c++.
Are there any books that I can read, or websites that I can read that will teach me how to create a game engine using c++ and directx? Or are there any open source 2d game engines that were created using directx?
If you're going to be telling me to learn c++ first before going into advanced stuff. Get the **** off. It isn't teaching me shiet. It's all common sense and logic in the basic stuff, in the advanced I can LEARN.
NOTHING is impossible, just difficult. And if it was easy, why would I do it.
I WANT to learn it this way. This is the best way for me to learn about basic c++...
Anyways, enough with the antiflamers. I've learned about loops, if statements, structures, header files, file input/output (kinda... haven't used it yet but I know how to sorta...)
I somewhat understand classes, but to fully understand all these basics, I need to see them in proper use. I need to see how they can be used, how they can be pushed, how they can be combined. And seeing as I am planning on following solo game design (epic fail, I know... But it's my life choice... Lawyer/gameprogrammer), it would be best to see how they can be used in game programming. And seeing as the best place to start game programming is the engine itself. I'd like to either be taught how to make one, or see the code for one.
I plan on using directx and c++.
Are there any books that I can read, or websites that I can read that will teach me how to create a game engine using c++ and directx? Or are there any open source 2d game engines that were created using directx?
If you're going to be telling me to learn c++ first before going into advanced stuff. Get the **** off. It isn't teaching me shiet. It's all common sense and logic in the basic stuff, in the advanced I can LEARN.

