Making a game engine...

Posts 16–30 of 59 · Page 2 of 4
Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
Posting here and not answering my question is the same as telling a dead man to die -- it's useless.
No... That's more like stating the obvious.

There is no way a beginner in C++ can write a game engine, no matter how much time he puts into it...

I've been programming in C++ since I was 9(and i'm 2 months away from being 18), and I am not able to write a game engine.
I only know the hack part of D3D, never worked with normal D3D code.
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
It's not just big.. For you, it's impossible.
Quote Originally Posted by rtemis View Post
Dude. I'm just being fucking real.
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
No... That's more like stating the obvious.

There is no way a beginner in C++ can write a game engine, no matter how much time he puts into it...

I've been programming in C++ since I was 9(and i'm 2 months away from being 18), and I am not able to write a game engine.
I only know the hack part of D3D, never worked with normal D3D code.
I do not want to FINISH IT. I want to TRY. What part of that don't you understand.

Please think before posting next time. Is your goddamn post going to help me or tell me the "truth".
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
No... That's more like stating the obvious.

There is no way a beginner in C++ can write a game engine, no matter how much time he puts into it...

I've been programming in C++ since I was 9(and i'm 2 months away from being 18), and I am not able to write a game engine.
I only know the hack part of D3D, never worked with normal D3D code.
WTF 9 years of coding?? Holy Jesus.. I started like, just over a year ago....
Why try what you won't finish? Finish a smaller project like a pong or tetris clone or something and i'll be impressed
Quote Originally Posted by rtemis View Post
Why try what you won't finish? Finish a smaller project like a pong or tetris clone or something and i'll be impressed
Thats what I'm doing right now... I was already working on a pong clone using c++ and direct3d. I obviously know and understand I will never be able to finish a complete game engine. I simple want to look at it and see the code behind it. See what I can change, and all that stuff. See how the classes are being used, how the functions are being used. New ideas for new functions that I can use in my programs. I just want to see the damn code. Why is that so damn hard to understand.


Quote Originally Posted by -Raz0r- View Post
If you want a challenge, go ahead and make one. Why do you need us?
You ask for advice, we give you advice and you reject it.
Perhaps we just won't give advice to someone as rude as you.

This seems to be a recurring thing for you.
Get your priorities straight and stop being so ambitious. Really.

Requesting closure of this thread -_-
I specifically said I do NOT want to be told I can't do it. I specifically said I do NOT want to be told it's impossible. I specifically said I do NOT want to be told to learn c++, do basic things first. And yet theres three pages of people telling me these.

And I accept advice, when its advice that I need. If I don't need it or want it then I will reject it. Because it has no use for me.

My priorities are straight, and I'm not being ambitious. I'm trying to learn. And you can't request closure of somebody else's thread. For multiple reasons
1. It's not your thread.
2. It may not need to be closed
3. It may not be resolved.

It's not resolved and therefore does not need to be closed.




Quote Originally Posted by rtemis View Post


Truth.
Over ambitiousness leads to failure
I know that, I know I won't finish it. I know it's not going to happen. I don't need others telling me that.
Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
Thats what I'm doing right now... I was already working on a pong clone using c++ and direct3d. I obviously know and understand I will never be able to finish a complete game engine. I simple want to look at it and see the code behind it. See what I can change, and all that stuff. See how the classes are being used, how the functions are being used. New ideas for new functions that I can use in my programs. I just want to see the damn code. Why is that so damn hard to understand.
There is no code behind it. You make the code behind it.
If you want to see how classes and functions are being used why not test in a simple console application?
Quote Originally Posted by -Raz0r- View Post
If you want a challenge, go ahead and make one. Why do you need us?
You ask for advice, we give you advice and you reject it.
Perhaps we just won't give advice to someone as rude as you.

This seems to be a recurring thing for you.
Get your priorities straight and stop being so ambitious. Really.

Requesting closure of this thread -_-
Quote Originally Posted by rtemis View Post


There is no code behind it. You make the code behind it.
If you want to see how classes and functions are being used why not test in a simple console application?
There is code behind a game engine.

I want to see how classes and functions are being used in the game engine.

IDGAF about simple things... They're simple.
Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
There is code behind a game engine.

I want to see how classes and functions are being used in the game engine.

IDGAF about simple things... They're simple.
Seriously. Stop being so fucking arrogant. You need to start simple. Fucking understand that and stop thinking you're too good for simple things. Because quite honestly, you don't have the right to say IDGAF about simple things, if you just learned how to use an array and don't even fully understand classes, Nor do you know the limitations of [php]cin >> [/php]
Quote Originally Posted by rtemis View Post


Seriously. Stop being so fucking arrogant. You need to start simple. Fucking understand that and stop thinking you're too good for simple things. Because quite honestly, you don't have the right to say IDGAF about simple things, if you just learned how to use an array and don't even fully understand classes, Nor do you know the limitations of [php]cin >> [/php]
I understand the limitations of cin >> it's just extremely glitchy for me, I've copied and pasted code from another site and it fucks up. I don't know why, I don't know how, and I can't understand how that could possibly happen but it does. It's not that I don't understand, it's that it doesn't work properly for me.
I knew how to USE an array but I had a simple question that you didn't fucking understand. Thank god hell was there to answer my question with what? 12 words? maybe 20.
I do have the right to say IDGAF about simple things. I don't want to fucking learn about classes in a damn console application. I want to see them in use by a professional. Jesus Christ. Tell me a good 2d open source engine made with directx/c++ or gtfo already.


Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
we are helping you by saying what to do..

offtopic: lol nice one HD /

edit: lulz this is going on 3rd page and i answered a first page think... /stupid
I appreciate your help Brinuz you do what you think is best but if I ask you not to, you don't continue. Thanks for that
Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
I understand the limitations of cin >> it's just extremely glitchy for me, I've copied and pasted code from another site and it fucks up. I don't know why, I don't know how, and I can't understand how that could possibly happen but it does. It's not that I don't understand, it's that it doesn't work properly for me.
I knew how to USE an array but I had a simple question that you didn't fucking understand. Thank god hell was there to answer my question with what? 12 words? maybe 20.
I do have the right to say IDGAF about simple things. I don't want to fucking learn about classes in a damn console application. I want to see them in use by a professional. Jesus Christ. Tell me a good 2d open source engine made with directx/c++ or gtfo already.


I appreciate your help Brinuz you do what you think is best but if I ask you not to, you don't continue. Thanks for that
Why should we help you if you're being an arrogant asshole and rejecting our advice? Learn things in a console. You still have no right to say IDGAF about simple things. You can't understand them in a professional way because you're no way close to that.

Arrogant asshole. We give advice. You reject it. Why don't you gtfo?
Quote Originally Posted by rtemis View Post


Why should we help you if you're being an arrogant asshole and rejecting our advice? Learn things in a console. You still have no right to say IDGAF about simple things. You can't understand them in a professional way because you're no way close to that.

Arrogant asshole. We give advice. You reject it. Why don't you gtfo?
You aren't giving advice, I asked you NOT to say what you've said. And you continue on. Look at the ENTIRE three pages of posts, then come back and say you're right and I'm wrong. The entire damn time I've said I KNOW ITS NOT GOING TO FUCKING WORK I JUST NEED TO SEE IT. But you continue on. I say it again, and again, and again, and again, you are now purposely trying to piss me off. So if you aren't going to answer my fucking question get the fuck off.
Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
You aren't giving advice, I asked you NOT to say what you've said. And you continue on. Look at the ENTIRE three pages of posts, then come back and say you're right and I'm wrong. The entire damn time I've said I KNOW ITS NOT GOING TO FUCKING WORK I JUST NEED TO SEE IT. But you continue on. I say it again, and again, and again, and again, you are now purposely trying to piss me off. So if you aren't going to answer my fucking question get the fuck off.
I'm speaking the truth. I'm being real. Stop being so arrogant.
If you want a challenge, go ahead and make one. Why do you need us?
You ask for advice, we give you advice and you reject it.
Perhaps we just won't give advice to someone as rude as you.

This seems to be a recurring thing for you.
Get your priorities straight and stop being so ambitious. Really.

Requesting closure of this thread -_-
Quote Originally Posted by -Raz0r- View Post
If you want a challenge, go ahead and make one. Why do you need us?
You ask for advice, we give you advice and you reject it.
Perhaps we just won't give advice to someone as rude as you.

This seems to be a recurring thing for you.
Get your priorities straight and stop being so ambitious. Really.

Requesting closure of this thread -_-
Truth.
Over ambitiousness leads to failure
Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
Are you going to help me with what I asked for, or continue ignoring what I asked you NOT to do. If you're going to ignore me then go away, find somebody who will accept your help. I don't want your help.
we are helping you by saying what to do..

offtopic: lol nice one HD /

edit: lulz this is going on 3rd page and i answered a first page think... /stupid
Posts 16–30 of 59 · Page 2 of 4

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us