Making a game engine...

Posts 46–59 of 59 · Page 4 of 4
I agree, dude idk what you're thinking, i tried the same crap your doing a while back and i stopped coding for like 2 months. Trust me get out of ur stupid phase and do things right
Quote Originally Posted by VvITylerIvV View Post
It's not because you don't want to read 5 pages, it's because you don't want to be proven wrong.

Bye, have a nice day. I figure that because you've participated in the entire thing. Therefore, you already know what all the posts are.
Maybe i have better things to do than go through 5 pages. THink boy think
Quote Originally Posted by rtemis View Post


Maybe i have better things to do than go through 5 pages. THink boy think
You, Stop your Useless Flame ; It is totally Pointless with worthless people.
Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post
You, Stop your Useless Flame ; It is totally Pointless with worthless people.
Well, i sort of already quit this thread.
Well where to begin. I'm into almost my 2nd year of game software development (Bachelor's Degree). (C/C++) courses...

I can pretty much say i can build games ( well program games at small levels)
I have no artist ability to go above programming but i try.

Only issue i see with you is instead of asking questions you should of searched out this answer thru the internet.

I've been using this for a while and can build my own engine (not pro of course)..

I modded this one for a FPS game that i was messing around with..

Irrlicht Engine - A free open source 3d engine

ofc google.com can give you more insite in your answers.

[EDIT]
If your looking for topics to read on i suggest this.

fundamentals of game engine development
Game Debugging
Game Development
Quote Originally Posted by faceofdevil View Post
Well where to begin. I'm into almost my 2nd year of game software development (Bachelor's Degree). (C/C++) courses...

I can pretty much say i can build games ( well program games at small levels)
I have no artist ability to go above programming but i try.

Only issue i see with you is instead of asking questions you should of searched out this answer thru the internet.

I've been using this for a while and can build my own engine (not pro of course)..

I modded this one for a FPS game that i was messing around with..

Irrlicht Engine - A free open source 3d engine

ofc google.com can give you more insite in your answers.

[EDIT]
If your looking for topics to read on i suggest this.

fundamentals of game engine development
Game Debugging
Game Development
He wants to write his own engine, which ain't gonna happen anytime soon ;P
Quote Originally Posted by faceofdevil View Post
Well where to begin. I'm into almost my 2nd year of game software development (Bachelor's Degree). (C/C++) courses...

I can pretty much say i can build games ( well program games at small levels)
I have no artist ability to go above programming but i try.

Only issue i see with you is instead of asking questions you should of searched out this answer thru the internet.

I've been using this for a while and can build my own engine (not pro of course)..

I modded this one for a FPS game that i was messing around with..

Irrlicht Engine - A free open source 3d engine

ofc google.com can give you more insite in your answers.

[EDIT]
If your looking for topics to read on i suggest this.

fundamentals of game engine development
Game Debugging
Game Development


THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH!!!! ILY (no homo)
koreans stfu
Quote Originally Posted by yarulzwwe View Post
koreans stfu
.
artemis was koreans?
Quote Originally Posted by scimmyboy View Post
artemis was koreans?
Not was. am
Quote Originally Posted by rtemis View Post


Not was. am
wth? i thought u had more posts than that
Quote Originally Posted by scimmyboy View Post
wth? i thought u had more posts than that
He got Banned, Now cut off the OffTopic.
Just find your self an opensource game engine and mess around with it ( UDK (free version of unreal 3))

if you want to start from scrap why asking this question?
If you don't have the brains to even deside what should be in a game engine: GoDie();
Because you would know that:

  • You would need pshyic functions (how objects interact with each other)
  • You would need d3d render fucntions (print textures to screen)
  • You would need a base set of quads to print your textures on
  • You would need some kind of function which would allow you to play animations on your textures (a monster walking without moving his legs would be stupid...)
  • If your games are going to use stairs you will need to create a fucntion that recognize them as such and lifts your character with the right angle based on how steep the stair is(would be stupid if your character ends up hoovering a few feet above the floor wouldn't it?)


I probably missed tons and tons of other stuff your game engine should have, but these are the things that appeared in my mind the instant I read your question (which explains my confusion about you not being able to start coding your engine...)

-SCHiM
Posts 46–59 of 59 · Page 4 of 4

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us