Address's Changing

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
Address's Changing
Okay so, anytime and every time I find an address in CSS, Gmod, L4D anything. If I close the application and reopen it, the address changes. Now the thing is, if I use CE to find the address. Then close the game and reopen it, cheat engine will change the addy in the list so that it's stll the same thing being targeted. This is confusing the hell out of me, why is the address changing? All the time I have ever done any hacking people tell me "address's don't change" well they are fucking changing on me, what am I doing wrong?
~lilneo
You should read up on DMA.

To avoid having this problem again you can just look up what writes to the address.

Edit: DMA = Dynamic memory allocation.
Indeed, static/gloval variables will use the same offset each time, but dynamic memory is allocated out of the heap, so it could be anywhere.

Now I'm confused about what happens to stack variables, and ways to hide my data on the stack with some hacky coding <.<
Yeah, I've gotten that a lot. I use CE to find what writes to it, but all I get is an asm code I think mov [esi+30], ebx or something of the sort. I really don't want to learn ASM right now, and I am avoiding it the most I can so that isn't really helping.
~lilneo
Quote Originally Posted by lilneo View Post
Yeah, I've gotten that a lot. I use CE to find what writes to it, but all I get is an asm code I think mov [esi+30], ebx or something of the sort. I really don't want to learn ASM right now, and I am avoiding it the most I can so that isn't really helping.
~lilneo
Correct me if i'm wrong

But I think esi holds your address, because you move the contents of
esi+30 to ebx, so esi should hold your base value (again correct me if I'm wrong) the only thing you need to figure out is what it is that is a t esi at that time...
Yeah, but if it moves to esi + 30, then the dynamic spot should be the same too shouldn't it?
~lilneo
Quote Originally Posted by lilneo View Post
Yeah, but if it moves to esi + 30, then the dynamic spot should be the same too shouldn't it?
~lilneo
No, because whatever ESI is holding isn't always the same.
If you don't want to find it with reverse.. follow their pointers with CE until you get the static address...
Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
No, because whatever ESI is holding isn't always the same.
I see.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
If you don't want to find it with reverse.. follow their pointers with CE until you get the static address...
How would I go about doing this? How do I find the pointer for an address?

~lilneo
Quote Originally Posted by lilneo View Post
I see.


How would I go about doing this? How do I find the pointer for an address?

~lilneo
Follow the cheat engine tutorial >.>
Alright, :\ thanks guys.
~lilneo
Address was relative to engine.dll

~marked solved~
.~~~locked~~~
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us