[Solved]Text to mod?

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
[Solved]Text to mod?
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked a billion times before, I have searched I was a little mind blank on how to search it but I did try and I did find a few threads mentioning it but they said use the search button, fail! Anyways, I want to start using a mod called Brian's Sick Patch (the topic can be found here) Anyways, the link given takes you to a site with the whole code for the mod there, now what do I do with the code, do I just put it into notepad and save it as like brianspatch.iwd and then load it through the console (By the way, I'm using alterIW if that matters) or do I name it as like _ranks.gfc or what. Any help or posts on this topic is appreciated, I'm obviously new and a noob , thanks!
Thanks for the reply Unfortunately I was still unable to get it to work, I am nearly positive I did everything right, and I did it twice even, there is a small chance that the mod doesn't work but in the topic everyone says it does so I'm guessing it still does, thanks though, anyone else have any ideas I could try?

Edit: Also, it doesn't matter what I save it as, does it?
Quote Originally Posted by Sig00 View Post
Thanks for the reply Unfortunately I was still unable to get it to work, I am nearly positive I did everything right, and I did it twice even, there is a small chance that the mod doesn't work but in the topic everyone says it does so I'm guessing it still does, thanks though, anyone else have any ideas I could try?

Edit: Also, it doesn't matter what I save it as, does it?
.gsc based = text based (notepad)
.iwd = zip/rar based


howto make an .iwd file




Make a folder called "maps", inside that folder make a folder called "mp", inside that one make a folder called "gametypes" , put ur rank.gsc file inside that one , last folder's name depends on which .gsc file ur using

Now go back to maps right mouse button on that > zip it , pick .zip , change extention to .iwd > zip it up > ur done


next time use search button properly

/Solved
Quote Originally Posted by Sig00 View Post
Thanks for the reply Unfortunately I was still unable to get it to work, I am nearly positive I did everything right, and I did it twice even, there is a small chance that the mod doesn't work but in the topic everyone says it does so I'm guessing it still does, thanks though, anyone else have any ideas I could try?

Edit: Also, it doesn't matter what I save it as, does it?
Do this:

1. create mods folder in AlterIWnet install directory
2. right click the "Maps" folder of the mod and click "Add to archive..."
3. Select ZIP in the menu
4. change the name when still in the RAR file to "YOURMODNAMEHERE" and change .zip to .iwd (by typing)
5. It should be an .IWD file called "YOURMODNAMEHERE"
6. Create a new folder, exact same name as the .iwd file (Example; YOURMODNAMEHERE" and put the .iwd in there
7. ingame, do "fs_game mods/YOURMODNAMEHERE;vid_restart" without the quotes
8. Thank me on this post (:
9. It should work now!
Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTroubles View Post
Do this:

1. create mods folder in AlterIWnet install directory
2. right click the "Maps" folder of the mod and click "Add to archive..."
3. Select ZIP in the menu
4. change the name when still in the RAR file to "YOURMODNAMEHERE" and change .zip to .iwd (by typing)
5. It should be an .IWD file called "YOURMODNAMEHERE"
6. Create a new folder, exact same name as the .iwd file (Example; YOURMODNAMEHERE" and put the .iwd in there
7. ingame, do "fs_game mods/YOURMODNAMEHERE;vid_restart" without the quotes
8. Thank me on this post (:
9. It should work now!
why should he thank u if its posted above 2 times already lawl check the post above urs

/SOLVED

he just forgot to [SOLVED] it
In your alterIW folder, make a folder named mods. Inside that folder, make a folder called.... brian. Inside that folder, put the .iwd you made with Neekokeen's tutorial. (Make sure that the inside of the .iwd has folders like this [maps\mp\gametypes] or something similar).

Now open MW2 and when you are in the party room, (not inside a lobby). Type this into the console:
fs_game mods/brian; vid_restart
/Marked as Solved
Still haven't been able to get it to work *facepalm* and I can't make the "map" folder an .iwd file because there is no map folder, it is just the text file I created. I'm doing everything you guys are saying so my only conclusion is that this mod was possibly created for the xbox so it doesn't work for PC, I can't think of anything else.
Quote Originally Posted by Sig00 View Post
Still haven't been able to get it to work *facepalm* and I can't make the "map" folder an .iwd file because there is no map folder, it is just the text file I created. I'm doing everything you guys are saying so my only conclusion is that this mod was possibly created for the xbox so it doesn't work for PC, I can't think of anything else.
U CREATE THE FOLDERS URSELF and put the .GSC file IN IT

dont save the text file as .TXT , but .GSC
/marked as solved

(rly this time)
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?