Replacing HShield Folder

Posts 1–15 of 30 · Page 1 of 2
Replacing HShield Folder
I've been looking through the forums and it seems people don't understand this; however easy it may be. If you're having trouble using the console after the patch, please go to:

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/267-vindic...l_demon-8.html

Download the HShield.rar provided by SnapIT (all credit should go to him for providing the file.)

Then go to your Vindictus folder (wherever you installed it.) By default it should be installed in a Nexon folder located directly on your C:// Drive. If not, check your Program Files or Program Files(x86) if you have a 64-bit system.

The easiest method would be to right click your Vindictus icon and click "Open File Location" if you're on Windows 7. I'm not sure, but it should be similar for Windows XP and Vista.

Once your inside that folder, right click HShield and rename it to whatever you'd like, but keep it as backup. For example, mine is Notepad, for the hell of it.

Now extract the HShield folder we just downloaded to any location (make sure it's a single folder, some extractors will extract to HShield/HShield/ for example. Make sure it's just one HShield folder with the contents.

Then, copy and paste it into your Vindictus folder we located earlier.

/endspoonfeed.

All thanks and credits should go to the original console providers and to the person who provided the HShield. Thank you Hell_Demon, SnapIT, and ShawnRussow.
Wait, what is the purpose of this? Just to replace HShield? Is that all? Can you elaborate on this? Thanks.
Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Wait, what is the purpose of this? Just to replace HShield? Is that all? Can you elaborate on this? Thanks.
Yes, after the patch, the new HShield upgrade could detect the console and make it unusable. So, with this replacement (the older version), that wont happen. It'll be just like before. Of course, use at your own risk.
Quote Originally Posted by gregjonezz View Post
Yes, after the patch, the new HShield upgrade could detect the console and make it unusable. So, with this replacement (the older version), that wont happen. It'll be just like before. Of course, use at your own risk.
Thanks I tried it and it worked ,though I'm trying to take it easy on speed and damage.Who would of know it was that easy
Alright. Thank you!
still working after the maintenance.
Thanks Greg. This is really helping me out.
EDIT: 3/24/10 Hey Greg. I replaced my HShield with the old one and it still says Error has occurred =(. Help?
Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Thanks Greg. This is really helping me out.
EDIT: 3/24/10 Hey Greg. I replaced my HShield with the old one and it still says Error has occurred =(. Help?
Make sure it's a single folder, when you extracted it, it may have created a HShield folder inside the HShield folder. There should be one folder and then the contents.

Also, don't thank me. You should thank Hell_Demon and ShawnRussow for their awesome work. I just compiled an already found fix by the community using the HShield folder SnapIT uploaded so people could work around the update.
I did that and it still gave me the error. Do you want to TV maybe?
I sent the PM.
no longer works for me after the recent maintenance.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
NVM i must have downloaded a corrupted version of that file.
Tested... works.
It still keeps giving me an error. I've downloaded the new patch since the maintenance and I ran the game twice without using hacks and it still says Error =(
Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
It still keeps giving me an error. I've downloaded the new patch since the maintenance and I ran the game twice without using hacks and it still says Error =(
have you tried re-downloading Vindictus? Try running Vindictus as administrator
Posts 1–15 of 30 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us