Checking for CFGs

Posts 1–15 of 24 · Page 1 of 2
Checking for CFGs
Okay. I am a choob. Now that that's out of the way, let's move on.

Before I came to this forum, I knew next to nothing about the exploitation of Vindictus. Now I've built up a fairly good knowledge base and believe in myself to ask questions worth asking.

So, post-Titan patch we discovered that we can continue to use perma-binds because the game does not check the integrity of the file FAC6B533E4D245CE8B9A67DB1472B2B98F3F54FA.hfs

Therefore, we can edit it to our hearts content.

I present to someone with a little more intelligence and book-learnin' in this area to perhaps tell me how would one perhaps check what files are being checked when the game launches?
Quote Originally Posted by Helepheil View Post
Okay. I am a choob. Now that that's out of the way, let's move on.

Before I came to this forum, I knew next to nothing about the exploitation of Vindictus. Now I've built up a fairly good knowledge base and believe in myself to ask questions worth asking.

So, post-Titan patch we discovered that we can continue to use perma-binds because the game does not check the integrity of the file FAC6B533E4D245CE8B9A67DB1472B2B98F3F54FA.hfs

Therefore, we can edit it to our hearts content.

I present to someone with a little more intelligence and book-learnin' in this area to perhaps tell me how would one perhaps check what files are being checked when the game launches?
I think any .zip you open that says extra_obfuscated are the ones that are checked.
It's 'extra_obscure', but yeah that's pretty much right as far as I can tell.
Quote Originally Posted by UlRRvtk7 View Post
It's 'extra_obscure', but yeah that's pretty much right as far as I can tell.
So, when I switch the .hfs files, if there is an extra_obscure file, than it's checked?
Quote Originally Posted by Helepheil View Post
So, when I switch the .hfs files, if there is an extra_obscure file, than it's checked?
That will be a comment on the zip file, not an actual file.
Quote Originally Posted by UlRRvtk7 View Post
That will be a comment on the zip file, not an actual file.
May I ask what you mean by 'a comment'? Just when I open it, int he files it will have the note written in?
Quote Originally Posted by Helepheil View Post
May I ask what you mean by 'a comment'? Just when I open it, int he files it will have the note written in?
When you open it, the zip will be split in half. Left side will have contents, right side will have txt.
Sorreh for my typo, but yush.
You two have been very helpful. Thanks on the house!
Quote Originally Posted by Helepheil View Post
You two have been very helpful. Thanks on the house!
:"D! Np
In WinRAR (not sure about other clients), if an archive has a comment, the right side will display the comment.

Another way, albeit slow but the process can be automated, is to check if the second pass checksum exists in the hfs file. This means that there is an extra 4 bytes appended to the EndOfCentralDirectory header. You'll need to understand a small portion of the file format to utilize this method.
You've all been great!

Quote Originally Posted by Fovea View Post
In WinRAR (not sure about other clients), if an archive has a comment, the right side will display the comment.

Another way, albeit slow but the process can be automated, is to check if the second pass checksum exists in the hfs file. This means that there is an extra 4 bytes appended to the EndOfCentralDirectory header. You'll need to understand a small portion of the file format to utilize this method.
Okay, so I'm using WinRAR. It'll be on the right.

That second part sounds interesting. Especially the automated part. I will not ask you to explain it further if you would not like to but any and all help would be appreciated to help me alleviate from "Leecher" status in the eyes of the forum. *Flies to Google*

Another note, is it possible to flip the entire directory of .hfs files instead of one by one?
7zip pops up a stats window with the comment when you open the file.

Like they've said, it depends on the app you're using. But you'll have to get the info from within the app.
Use the 'a' option. It's in the readme.
Quote Originally Posted by UlRRvtk7 View Post
Use the 'a' option. It's in the readme.
Thank you for sir!
Posts 1–15 of 24 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

Need help?