HelpPlaying GMS outside US?

Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
Playing GMS outside US?
I live in EU and I used to use a hotspot shield but since hotspot shielding doesn't work any more, and I still would like to play GMS, I was just wondering if there are other ways such as using a VPN connection or something similar?
love you all
Quote Originally Posted by Genoble View Post
I live in EU and I used to use a hotspot shield but since hotspot shielding doesn't work any more, and I still would like to play GMS, I was just wondering if there are other ways such as using a VPN connection or something similar?
love you all
I read about this a while ago. There used to be a way where you proxies your ip and you were able to connect to other countries maple.
Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
I read about this a while ago. There used to be a way where you proxies your ip and you were able to connect to other countries maple.
VPN, not Proxy.
A proxy only affects what is happening in your Internet browser.
VPN affects all connections in and out of your computer.

But Global Maplestory should work everywhere (Global).
My opinion, but it doesn't.
Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post

VPN, not Proxy.
A proxy only affects what is happening in your Internet browser.
VPN affects all connections in and out of your computer.

But Global Maplestory should work everywhere (Global).
My opinion, but it doesn't.
ahh thanks for correction. If only I had VPN when I was on my trip to China :P
Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
ahh thanks for correction. If only I had VPN when I was on my trip to China :P
You would still have server lag (connecting to America from China takes a few seconds meaning a slight lag picking up items and saying stuff.)
Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post

You would still have server lag (connecting to America from China takes a few seconds meaning a slight lag picking up items and saying stuff.)
ehh even that bothers me. Whats wrong with playing maplestory in your own country? I understand kms but nothing else.
Well its not so bad now that EMS has finally got big bang... but still no mech and my GMS acc was much better
Quote Originally Posted by Genoble View Post
Well its not so bad now that EMS has finally got big bang... but still no mech and my GMS acc was much better
Didnt you creat the VPN hotspot shield?
Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
Didnt you creat the VPN hotspot shield?
Which do you mean? Hotspot shield and VPN are to different things.
Quote Originally Posted by Genoble View Post
Which do you mean? Hotspot shield and VPN are to different things.
The hotspot shield.
Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
The hotspot shield.
No sorry, you must have me confused. I've never made a hotspot shield. I have made tut threads on VPNs tho
ahhh kk thats where I read that from. Sorry for the mix up.
Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
ahhh kk thats where I read that from. Sorry for the mix up.
Tis ok it's easily done.
Quote Originally Posted by Genoble View Post
Tis ok it's easily done.
Yeah. Oh link me to guide btw I want to learn more about VPN.
Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
Yeah. Oh link me to guide btw I want to learn more about VPN.
Well there's this one in the CA section with I believe you may have already seen and there's this failed one about a VPN connector,. It failed tho as there was an error uploading the file and I can't edit the post so there's no attachment but if you wanted it I could upload it
Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us