QuestionSolvedAVG Marking Executable As Positive

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
AVG Marking Executable As Positive
Hello,

I just added an email code to my program, the email requires an email and password.
but when i debug is AVG says that its an virus! AVG says that its a Luhe.malMSIL.B.
here is the code that I used for the email :
Code:
        
        Dim Mail As New MailMessage
        Mail.Subject = "********"
        Mail.To.Add("***********")
        Mail.From = New MailAddress(TextBox1.Text)
        Mail.Body = (RichTextBox1.Text)

        Dim SMTP As New SmtpClient("smtp.gmail.com")
        SMTP.EnableSsl = True
        SMTP.Credentials = New System.Net.NetworkCredential(TextBox1.Text, TextBox2.Text)
        SMTP.Port = "587"
        SMTP.Send(Mail)
im using Visual Studio 2010.
is there anything i can do to not make it detect as an virus?
No, It's likely because the application attempts to access an email client avg may offer a warning or false positive.

Your only real option is to grit your teeth and move forward, in the mean time contact AVG by following the guide found here (if it matters to you that much)

AVG Forums - How To Handle Suspicious False Positive Detection?

They probably won't do much, but maybe if you let them know you are attempting to learn & build dev applications, and having your application be discovered as a virus could hurt it's download(s) & the amount of ppl using it, maybe they will work with you to fix the issue.
This is because its reading the application's signature which says that it might be sending sensitive information over internet. I don't know if it can be of help, but try obfuscating your application before executing. Also, AVG is pretty crap AV. My university has installed it and it is annoying as hell. You should switch to NOD32.
thanks for the awnsers!
ill try it with another antivirus
get a crypter and do that no false positives per say
What did you have in the subject line? I know I wrote something a while ago that contained "keylogger" (as a literal class name) or something similar in it that then was detected. I changed the name and recompiled the exact same code and there was no further detection (i use AVG)
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
What did you have in the subject line? I know I wrote something a while ago that contained "keylogger" (as a literal class name) or something similar in it that then was detected. I changed the name and recompiled the exact same code and there was no further detection (i use AVG)
lol, dowantstringbaseddetection. So if I name one of my classes Anti-Keylogger it'd be detected as a virus?
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
lol, dowantstringbaseddetection. So if I name one of my classes Anti-Keylogger it'd be detected as a virus?
IDFK, all I know is I had a class called JKeyLogger and changed it to JLogger and it went from being flagged by AVG to not being flagged.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us