HelpHelp!

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Help!
Okay, so i tried a whole few bunch of hacks on the page (all of them were the stickied ones) and i did the normal jist for minecraft (delete your jar, replace with supplied jar, go.)

After my frist one, and I was being stupid about it, my minecraft kept saying 'could not connect to minecraft.net'

I've removed all the bad jars. I've put in fresh jars from minecraft.net (it runs from the browser fine). so why the HECK is this happening? Help me! Is my acct phished??!?! I'm changing my password on it, just to be sure, but nonetheless, helppp! lol i'm new, if you didn't notice yet.
Hmm. I couldn't get much out of your thread.

So, are you able to connect to the main website of Minecraft? If so; try logging in with your account. If you have a successful login obviously your account has not been phished nor compromised.

Now, there could be many problems with the reason that your Minecraft is saying, "Can't connect to Minecraft.net". You could possibly be firewalled by your hosts file, your router/modem could be blocking it, etc. Please explain more on the problem. Did this start when you tried using hacked clients?
Check your Host File and check if there is a Minecraft.net.
If there is, Delete the line.
If none, I don't know anymore
Here's the directory of your Host file
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Next time, Post on the right section and Don't just download hacks right away, check the replies first.
Quote Originally Posted by InCapacitated View Post
Check your Host File and check if there is a Minecraft.net.
If there is, Delete the line.
If none, I don't know anymore
Here's the directory of your Host file
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Next time, Post on the right section and Don't just download hacks right away, check the replies first.

Thank you. Forgot to include the directory OF the hosts file, but thanks for backing me up there .

I'm kidding! Good post.
Yeah sorry, i think i know what it was. The MC servers are down, and nobody can get on.

I'll try again with Platnium later. Thanks for the help. if anybody has suggestions for a good client that WORKS, put them here please (platinum seemed to work, so i dunno.)

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

I've figured out the problem. sorry for noob topic! One last question before this topic closes, how do i know if I'm getting phished with my acct? like, these hacks, how do i know they aren't phishers?
Quote Originally Posted by Forester155 View Post
Yeah sorry, i think i know what it was. The MC servers are down, and nobody can get on.

I'll try again with Platnium later. Thanks for the help. if anybody has suggestions for a good client that WORKS, put them here please (platinum seemed to work, so i dunno.)

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

I've figured out the problem. sorry for noob topic! One last question before this topic closes, how do i know if I'm getting phished with my acct? like, these hacks, how do i know they aren't phishers?
Technically they aren't "phishers". They are last login stealers, and you really can't tell unless you decompile the jar, and (the easiest way) is to look for a HTTP connection, because the last login stealer, basically "steals" your last login, and sends it to a certain website so the owner of the client can retrieve it.
Minecraft clients are back up!
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us