ExclamationHelpPiston Pusher Help...

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Piston Pusher Help...
In a lot of mob traps I've seen, they used "piston pushers", where when the mobs step on one of the pressure plates, pistons push out, pushing the mobs into your killing area.
I wanted to do that with my own mob trap, further evolving it to v2.
Looking at my diagrams above (same screenshot in 1st and 3rd person), please tell/help me how to accomplish my goal?

I really need an answer by tomorrow...please please help me asap. Any comments would be highly appreciated.~

[1st PERSON VIEW]



[3rd PERSON VIEW]



~~In advance.
*sigh*
Really? Just an answer...omg.
any help? How come no one here knows about redstone..
You would need a repeater to transfer the power to a block that the piston is on.

This is how it's setup.

S|A
N|R|P

S - Sticky Piston
A - Any Pushable Block
N - Any NON transparent block
R - Redstone Repeater
P - Pressure Plate

The plate sends a signal to the repeater. Since the repeater can transfer signals THROUGH blocks, it will transfer to the piston on top. The piston will push the block forward, and anything in front of it.
Quote Originally Posted by hexacyanide View Post
You would need a repeater to transfer the power to a block that the piston is on.

This is how it's setup.

S|A
N|R|P

S - Sticky Piston
A - Any Pushable Block
N - Any NON transparent block
R - Redstone Repeater
P - Pressure Plate

The plate sends a signal to the repeater. Since the repeater can transfer signals THROUGH blocks, it will transfer to the piston on top. The piston will push the block forward, and anything in front of it.
okay I think I got it...I don't need to upload SS because it seems to be working fine..
But I've only did this to ONE pressure plate...is there an easier way to power both pistons with pressure plates side by side? I know how to do it, it just takes up WHOLE BUNCH of space and very complicated..
Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGreat View Post

okay I think I got it...I don't need to upload SS because it seems to be working fine..
But I've only did this to ONE pressure plate...is there an easier way to power both pistons with pressure plates side by side? I know how to do it, it just takes up WHOLE BUNCH of space and very complicated..
You would not need that because the mob would already be pushed into the hole.
Quote Originally Posted by hexacyanide View Post
You would not need that because the mob would already be pushed into the hole.
nonono what I mean is two pressure plates side by side. So then when a mob steps on anything, it gets pushed into the hole.
Make sense?
It already does that though. Would you like a screenshot?
Quote Originally Posted by hexacyanide View Post
It already does that though. Would you like a screenshot?
that would be very much appreciated..thanks.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us