Untraceable Virus [Weekly Challenge]
So recently me and my friend entered into a bit of a programming battle. the challenge is to program a virus using only visual basic in one week that will infiltrate the other persons machine completely undetected and go about whatever nefarious business it likes. The winning virus must be near-untraceable, powerful, and stylish. There are however some ground-rules: No destroying the other competitors machine (this means little to no personal file modifications), no antivirus software installed on target machine, and no network-based viruses. So MPGH I call on you to help me win this battle. I will be installing my virus the easy way, social engineering. I am writing a black-jack program for fun and had asked him before the challenge even cam up to test it and give feedback. Little does he know that this program is a cover to install my virus on his system. The challenge is that I have to find a way for my virus to remain undetected for a couple days after the blackjack program installs it and for it to self-modify its code to remove the install procedure so that when he inspects the code the whole thing doesn't fall apart. Should be challenging enough for me (being a complete n00b) I want my virus to run as a service in the background and only open a command center style GUI when a specific keycombo is pressed. The keycombo will open a very small and simple login page which will then allow access to the command center. Also a separate keystroke will crash the system.... probably through a BSOD. I want the crash to be harmless but effective. The goal is that when the time comes for each of us to install our viruses on the others machine I will simply walk up and enter the keycombo on his machine and the virus will activate leaving him wondering how the heck I managed to install it.
What I Need Help With:
Specifically I need to know how I can run the system in the background as a service most likely. I want it to be invisible essentially, not appearing in task manager's application or process section. It CAN appear in the service section but I want to determine the name of the service myself so I can make it something inconspicuous that he won't think to end. I also need help making the service startup about 1 minute after reboot, and it needs to start up silently
The other thing I need help with is the blackjack launcher. I have no clue on how to make the launcher install the virus service silently and also to modify itself to hide the installation code. If the self-editing isn't possible at least make the code for install hard to find. Like possibly having it launch a separate program that will silently install the virus silently. The one line that launches a second program would be easy for him to overlook.
If anyone can help me with these things I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
What I Need Help With:
Specifically I need to know how I can run the system in the background as a service most likely. I want it to be invisible essentially, not appearing in task manager's application or process section. It CAN appear in the service section but I want to determine the name of the service myself so I can make it something inconspicuous that he won't think to end. I also need help making the service startup about 1 minute after reboot, and it needs to start up silently
The other thing I need help with is the blackjack launcher. I have no clue on how to make the launcher install the virus service silently and also to modify itself to hide the installation code. If the self-editing isn't possible at least make the code for install hard to find. Like possibly having it launch a separate program that will silently install the virus silently. The one line that launches a second program would be easy for him to overlook.
If anyone can help me with these things I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!



